[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

I'm not sure if I'm encountering a bug or just not understanding how copying of custom device tiles is supposed to work (using 1.0.1246).

My issue results from trying to display the attributes of an Ambient Weather Device tile from my weather station; I have the tile set as a Custom device on my dashboard. Because it has so many selectable attributes, if I select more than a couple I can't tell what I am looking at (since the displayed numbers have no descriptions). So I decided to make several copies of the original device tile-- for this tile I have no display items selected and it displays temp and humidity by default. Then I select a couple attributes for each copied tile and name the tile appropriately (like current/max wind gust).

This works fine (see bottom row of first photo) until a couple of minutes later when all copied tiles revert to the same selected display items (none) of the original tile (see second photo). All copied tiles then look like the original, with their individual selectable display items wiped out. I don't have an issue where I use other copied tiles (like motion/temp sensors) though in that case I am not selecting attributes but changing the device type). Is there any workaround for this?

2 Likes

That's quite the complex setup! I'll see if I can figure this out though

Edit: I wasn't able to reproduce this one but then I got a push update from the device that was copied and they all changed just like your issue described.. that should make it easier to fix!

2 Likes

Your work here and continued support is greatly appreciated, thank you. I was wondering if button support for widgets was ever added? I cannot seem to get mine to work. Operator error is certainly a possibility but it seems pretty straight forward. When set up it just opens the dashboard. Thanks for your time.

version 1.0.1250 (beta)

• fix bug where copied devices revert back to display what the original device does

This should be fixed now. What was happening was when a push update comes in for a device, it needs to update the device tile as well as any copies of that device. But, it shouldn't update any of the custom properties I use in the app - such as which fields are displayed.

2 Likes

That fixed it!

So now this app is pretty much near perfect for me and my penchant for status monitoring... thanks!

Removed. Wrong location.

I guess I am missing something, but what are you doing with widgets?

version 1.0.1252 (beta)

• change icon dialog now includes images from the hub's filemanager
  • minor label change

This version allows you to add custom images to your hub's filemanager and the app will let you select from them when customizing device icons.

4 Likes

I've been working on a better support page here - Overview - Hubitat Dashboard

My hope is to pull out some common setup steps and advanced topics from this thread since it's too large to really search through.

5 Likes

The latest release (.1252) seems to have magnified my icons (which were mostly loaded from URL's, but the built-in icons seem to have expanded in size as well). I'm seeing this on my Android 11 phone as well as on the Wink Relay.

I can't get them to go back to their original size; adjusting icon padding seems to shrink them a bit but they are still too big and get truncated in the tile. Using the custom icons crop/fill options doesn't seem to be able to get them back to their correct size either, though it can adjust them to fill the entire tile, but then overlapping the tile text (when so adjusted, they won't shrink with icon padding like the non-adjusted ones do). See below; pic on bottom has custom adjusted but text-overlapping green shield icon):

Weird, this one was really small and shouldn't have affected anything existing. I'll go back and double-check though

Edit: I see.. wow, a tiny change with a big side-effect! I have a simple method called 'isImage()' which basically checks if the URL/path is an image. It just checked if the path ended with .jpg or .bmp. I wanted to use it for the new feature - including hub filemanager images so I added .png to this list which worked but...

I didn't notice that I'm also using this method to detect if a tile is using a non-transparent image as it's icon.. ie: not .png files.. if so, it'll let you choose from some various ways of cropping the image since non-transparent images don't make for the best icons typically..

Anyway, long-story short - it's now applying some custom cropping logic for .png images when it shouldn't..

I'll change this quick - you shouldn't have to do anything to get the images back to the way they were before

Edit #2 -- I just pushed a fix now and it should be ready in ~5 mins or so. If you changed the crop options of any of the images you might have to change them back to the first option as the app saves this state (see screenshot below). I did also notice that changing these crop options sometimes requires you to re-start the app to take full effect. I'll try to figure out why and fix it but wanted to make sure the original issue was fixed first

1 Like

Just updated to .1254 and that fixed the problem, thanks!

2 Likes

hey @jpage4500 !
A wierd thing is currently happening - I am running the android Dashboard and have an 'Hub Update' icon on my screen - with 2.2.9.144 showing.

The settings page on my hub shows I'm currently on that version. Check for updates on the hub returns no updates available. Refresh and restart of the app on the android doesn't clear it.
In the past (from memory) if I saw that icon, there truly was an update to run. I once reported to HE that the Update available flag didn't clear on hub update - but all I got back was pushback so I dropped the issue (yet later the problem stopped - go figure).
Anyways - ATM it looks as if the Dashboard is the source of the trouble - anything I can do or try to clear it? oops. looks like I cleared it. I reloaded a backup inadvertently. Don't think I can reproduce!

The app checks for updates every few hours - it should delete that tile the next time it checks if you're up-to-date.. at least that's how it's supposed to work.

1 Like

When I tap the moon phase tile, I get this chopped view on all of my devices. Normal?

Forgot to mention, if you just want to hide the update tile you can do that too by hitting "Ignore this version".. this option should hide that version from showing up again and the next version will still show up

I mention that because the pattern recently seems to be lots of hub updates follow the initial update.. so while typically I try to keep my hub up-to-date; with this one I'm going to wait until the updates settle down before updating

1 Like

Yep, that sounds right. I'm not sure what else to do when clicking on that tile other than show it full-screen. I could display other details if there are any though - like what I'm doing with the GameTime tile - showing the schedule attribute full-screen

1 Like

I just got a chance to test this one out - you're right, there's no direct button support now. I'll add it in. Question - is this a 1-button device or multi-button device? By default, clicking on the widget will toggle the state.. ie: light -> on/off. But, with a button device I'll need to handle a few different cases - such as a single button or multiple buttons. I'm thinking that if it's a single button device I can call the "push/1" command. If there's multiple buttons I can show a dialog with all of the buttons displayed so one can be selected. Does that sound reasonable?

1 Like

... speaking of widgets, I'll see if I can add widget support for HSM (home security monitor) which seems like the kind of thing that could be useful to see and/or change from a phone's launcher.

Any other widget suggestions or ideas? Worst case I can add them to the TODO list

Can I get nest camera's or an ip cameras rtsp streams as tiles in the dash?

2 Likes