[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

What do the setCoolingSetpoint and heating one do when clicking on a thermostat tile? I can select one, but no option to enter a number.

That dialog is basically the last resort for devices that I haven't handled yet. It's just a list of all device commands and like you said there's no way (yet) to enter an optional param.

I'm working on thermostat changes now to handle the cooling and heating setpoints directly and will add support for at least changing modes too.

1 Like

version 1.0.608 (beta)

• LOT of UI changes for thermostats
  • minor temperature device type changes
  • minor Blink device type changes

Most of these changes are around thermostats.. trying to better support 'auto' mode but also some general tweaking for any modes. Both the normal tile sizes and wide sizes are displayed below:

-- in auto mode I'm displaying both the cool and heat setpoints and allowing them to be changed
-- also in auto mode when the tile is in 'wide' mode, I'm displaying the current temperature
-- when off, I'm just displaying the temperature as large as possible (no disabled up/down arrows)
Clicking on the text part of any thermostat brings up the usual device options dialog but with a 'change mode' option at the top. I can add an option to change the fan as well later if that's desired

Lastly, I made a small change to the temperature device type.. no more temp icon to the left of the text as it makes the text smaller. Now, it's behind the text faded out

2 Likes

Damn...this is going to create a lot of smiles. :smiley:

This is great! Thanks Joe

version 1.0.614 (beta)

• add support for OpenWeatherMap changes
  • refresh device on long-click when device options are displayed
  • fix screen on/off logic when off time is < on time (ie: 6AM - 12AM)

This is a small update which includes support for some changes done to the OpenWeatherMap driver.

NOTES:

• It should continue to work with the older version as well but I didn't verify that
  • There's a lot of options on this driver and I tried to verify which ones are needed for this app. I believe these are needed:
    image image image image image image (the last 2 are only necessary for that full description seen in the screenshot)
1 Like

I must be doing something wrong. Tile only shows a single wide tile with the current temp, city, broken clouds. I can't make it wide tile. I used the options above. HE dashboard shows threeday using the attribute.

Confirmed. Same here.

hmm.. is this the old OpenWeatherMap driver or new one? By old one I mean older than V0.3.2

I was running an older version and had to remove it first and then add the new one. I used Hubitat Package Manager when adding the new version so hopefully I can keep it up-to-date easier.

This app should look for both the old format and new format (ie: "forecastHigh1" and "forecastHigh+1" if that's not found)

I do see that in order for the 'wide tile' option to show up the weather device needs to have the forecastHigh attribute. That's because the other weather driver doesn't have forecast fields so it won't work in wide mode. I'm guessing this checkbox is what gives forecastHigh

I did find out that you have to hit "poll" after making changes to the driver to get it to fill in the updated attributes.. maybe that and a refresh of the app will get it working?

If not, send me a device log and I'll look to see what's in your device and why it's not working

side-note.. for most devices I try to use the "capability" to determine what they are. But, there's nothing unique in the weather drivers that I can go off of. So, I'm relying on looking for certain attributes like forecastHigh or weather instead. Not as reliable IMO but not sure a better way to figure it out either

Hey guys -- I started to implement MJPG support.. only I ran into a bit of a snag.. I can't find any MJPEG stream to use for testing! I did find an Android app that turns an old phone into a camera so I'm going to try that (my power's out at the moment so I haven't been able to yet).

Anyway, I'm trying to learn more about MJPG, RTSP and streaming video in general. For adding a video feed to any other dashboard - do you need more options than just a URL and refresh rate? I don't see a way to control the refresh rate with the MJPG library I'm using so I'll have to dig into it to see how frequently it looks for images.

First, I installed manually, then HPM. I'll look at it when I get home.

I'm happy to test for you if needed. I have 6 local streams right now. In the HE built-in dashboard, it's just a link or a link and refresh frequency for stills.

Just wanted to say thank you and keep up the amazing work.

2 Likes

Sent you logs.

Got it working. Honestly, not sure what I did. Forecasthigh was not showing up in details, even though it was on in the device. I updated to the latest driver -- don't think that was it. I did switch the device to the openweather built-in driver -- saved. Refreshed -- then back to the custom driver and it worked.

Hmm - I can setup a camera just for testing through tinycam. I don't have any paint drying -- how about a napping cat?

Thanks, I was able to get it working using the Android App IP Webcam on another phone. There's a few tweaks I need to do and then I'll push out a beta build

2 Likes

Trying to setup cloud mode. I paste in the access token I got from the maker api, but it doesn't persist after I close the dashboard settings. Not sure what I am doing wrong?

Clarifying, I put in the access token and close the settings, but when I return to more settings Cloud Mode is still disabled and the access token is gone.

Just wanted to say thanks for this app... what a gem. I had checked out this thread long ago and liked what I saw but stopped reading when I saw the Android version requirement-- I am using ActionTiles (via HubConnect/ST) on the Wink Relay. Happened to re-visit and tried the recent version; actually I spent a day customising it and amazingly haven't found much reason to use ActionTiles since. It runs fine on the Relay and looks great; and it's so fast (literally instantaneous) on my phone.

The 'live' icons on the folders are great.. it makes them useful for a quick status view in addition to just being containers. And I really like how easy it is to configure and transfer to another device (though for some reason I can't figure out how to do this on the Relay-- the app stops when 'import' is selected). I like the fact that if I accidentally drop a tile into a folder, I can move it back onto the 'root' screen by dropping it onto the 'back' arrow. Maybe I missed it, but is there a straightforward way to restore a single hidden tile to the 'root' screen (without restoring all hidden tiles). As a workaround I have been restoring the tile to a folder, then moving that tile back to the main screen by dropping it onto the 'back' arrow of the folder.

It works and looks amazingly fine as is, so my wish list for enhancements is pretty short: I'd really like a way to 'protect' tiles (set them view only or PIN protect) to keep from fat-fingering tiles that I don't want to activate inadvertently (I have a tendency to do this when using my phone). Maybe something I overlooked but it would be nice to be able to create separate tiles for different attributes of the same device (like separate temp and motion tiles for a motion/temp sensor). I've been creating virtual devices on the hub as a workaround for this, purely as a display enhancement (to get a bigger view of the temp on a motion sensor, for example, in a folder of temp sensors). Also I haven't found a way to get power displayed from my power reporting devices. Apologies if this has been covered previously in the thread.

And this app really deserves its own distinctive name...I kept forgetting the name of the thread when trying to search for it on the forum. Hubitat Dashboard is OK but kind of humble.

In short, if ActionTiles were to stop working on ST today, I probably would not miss it... and I'm pretty sure I can now live without the HubConnect/ST link as well. Well done!

2 Likes