[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Thanks Joe. I've updated two of my tablets to the new version and your app now connects to the Hikvision RTSP stream successfully using:

rtsp://admin:password@IP_Address:RTSP_Port/Streaming/Channels/202/

When using the Exoplayer driver, the fix for the frozen stream was simply to select any folder, then go back, which refreshed it. I'll try to leave one of the tablets completely untouched/unused to see how long the stream runs and also what happens if it does lock up.

One key difference between using the Exoplayer and RTSP driver is audio (my camera has audio). With Exoplayer the audio was muted on the video tile but when the tile was clicked to go full screen, it was audible. With RTSP the audio is muted both in tile view and full screen view. I noticed in the RTSP demo app that there was a checkbox for audio. Is there a possibility to get the RTSP driver working in a similar manner to the Exoplayer one with regard to the audio (audible only when clicked for fullscreen)? It was quite handy as the camera is at the front door. Thanks.

I was looking into this but the code actually does try to play audio in fullscreen. I was also able to hear audio on my Amcrest camera in fullscreen. I didn't hear audio on my Reolink outdoor camera but I also didn't hear it with the ExoPlayer driver either (not sure it's even recording audio)

These are the Hub's server logs so I'm not sure exactly how to read these. The app will call /on command and then if you're in local mode (same network as hub) will wait for the Hub to push out the device state changed. If it doesn't get this in 5 seconds, it'll fetch the device info from the hub and it will re-try again every 5 seconds up to 4 times. At that point if it doesn't get the 'on' state it'll report the command failed and will revert the device state back to 'off'.

Hope that helps a little. If you want to re-try this with debug mode on and send me the app logs (on the phone) I might be able to see what's happening.

Well I spoke too soon! The default dashboard DOES reload when the app is closed and re opened.
The clock does seem to update, but I need to give it a few more days to make sure.

Happy New Year!

@jpage4500

Hi Joe, a bit of feedback regarding the RTSP update. 3 tablets have been left running with the dashboard - 1 with the previous app version and video set to Exoplayer, the other two with latest version and video set to RTSP.

The one still running with Exoplayer failed 3 times in the last 48 hours (which is less than usual). I'm not sure if sometimes the cause is some other activity within the app or on the tablet. This morning it froze at the precise moment I got out of bed and walked onto the Landing triggering a motion sensor; other times I've noticed it has occurred as we've arrived home. It could be coincidence.

The two running the video tile with the RTSP driver have ran continually for 48 hours without issue. One of those two tablets has remained untouched, with the video running permanently. So far (touch wood) this seems to be stable.

Something I've also noted when comparing Exoplayer to RTSP. While connected to the same stream, RTSP is up to date without any lag whereas Exoplayer was running 2 - 3 seconds behind real time. I wonder if that 2 - 3 seconds of buffered video is contributing to the failures.

Thanks for getting this fix in place.

version 1.0.1880 (beta)

• fix progress message from disappearing
  • reduce exoplayer default buffering
  • make RTSP driver default for rtsp sources
  • support OwnTracks Hubitat device driver

I did try to reduce the default buffering that ExoPlayer uses.. guessing it's meant for Internet video sources and not local cameras.

FWIW It didn't seem to make a difference on my Reolink camera though (which notably takes a 3-4 seconds to display with both RTSP and Exoplayer drivers). My Amcrest camera however displays almost instantly on both drivers.. maybe due to resolution or the fact that the Reolink is outside connecting via wifi so it could be slower because of it.

I also am now supporting the Owntracks device driver. Right now it's just a map and battery level but I'll try to get more info on the tile (screenshot has Owntracks on the left and Life360 on the right). Owntracks is more complicated to setup but I like the idea of just sending device location directly to my Hub and not Life360's servers (also the fact that Owntracks is free).

• make RTSP driver default for rtsp sources

If you have an RTSP video source setup and never changed video drivers from the default - this change will default to using the RTSP driver (from Exoplayer). You can force it back using Edit -> Video Driver -> Exoplayer

Live video support is still something I'm testing but I do have 2 RTSP video feeds going in a folder and they've been running well so far

5 Likes

Hi Joe. I've updated just one of my tablets to the .1880 beta and it seems to have caused an issue. The entire screen is reloading every 25 seconds. Although I usually have the app loaded by Fully, this is happening without any other apps running on the tablet (Fire HD 10).

thanks for pointing this out - I'll update my 2 tablets and see if I notice anything like this

1 Like

It strangely seems to have settled. I rebooted it and when Fully loaded on startup, it loaded the dash with the wrong number of columns (7 instead of 11 - my layout is 11 x 7). I closed Fully, reopened the app on its own and restored the same file that was running, which restored the correct layout. It hasn't happened since.

FWIW I updated both my tablets last night and didn't notice any issues

1 Like

I will get the logs from the phone. Interesting that when I switch to the app on my phone, it does update with the present condition of the devices. Hubitat turns on and off the lights and when I look at the dashboard on the wall, it's always correct.

I use these cameras (on a DMZ network, just in case) great images at 5mp. do support RTSP, but I can't get them to work with the app.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07RWRY39V?ref=ppx_yo2ov_dt_b_product_details&th=1

It’s working normally since. There must’ve been something funky going on with my tablet.

Hi Joe. Love your work! I have a couple of RTSP feeds from Dahua cameras that I've been feeding through Exoplayer. This fails after a couple of days as others have noted, but before they fail they work fine.

Just joined up with the Beta stream so I could try the native RTSP player now that is fixed. On my phone the two streams run fine but on my tablet they keep popping the message that they will reconnect in 5 seconds. Seems like they connect, put up the first frame then immediately fail. The tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab A7 Lite running Android 12.

Let me know if you want me to try anything or send some logs.

Since aprox 2 weeks I can't send setpoint to my thermostats.

It work on sharptools or directly in hubitat device.

Someone have a solution?

Thanks

1 Like

It's been happening off and on. I have them pinned. It's happened four or five times today.

I updated my Fire HD10 to 1.0.1880 (beta) and adjusting the thermostats from the Dashboard stopped working (Honeywell T6 Pro). My phone is running 1.0.1870 and things work as they have for months. I left the beta program and reinstalled the app (1.0.1842) on the Fire HD10. I was able to adjust the thermostats just fine. I wasn't seeing any temp change requests in the device logs. I was seeing the routine humidity updates. Did the change maybe cause this??

Thanks,
Russ

version 1.0.1888 (beta)

• show Life360 and Owntracks devices in embedded Google Maps
  • support Life360 and Owntracks devices as widgets

widget support for Life360 or Owntracks devices

Also, clicking on any Life360 or Owntracks device now brings up an embedded Google Map

Lastly, I'm also adding a marker for every other Life360 or Owntracks device in the embedded map (similar to how the Life360 app does).. that way you can view your whole family on a single map

More info on setup here: Life360 and OwnTracks

4 Likes

Hi - thanks for reporting this. I spent a little time looking into this one and I think I know what's going on and will fix it ASAP!

I'm happy to share feedback. Thank you for an awesome product!!!

Hi, great upgrade! Just noticed that if a Life360 user does not have an avatar set they do not show on the map. In Life360 these show as a circle with the first letter in it. Is it possible to replicate this behaviour?

Thanks, Alistair