[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

I just tried and it's working for me. Edit -> Icon Color -> select color. Is this what you're doing too?

Let me check if I did anything to cause this.. if so, I'll get it fixed.

The folder contents should be set in the order you added them (or if you re-arranged them manually)

I see.. this was something I accidentally did. I just pushed a fix now so it should be deployed in the next few mins

1 Like

RE: video streaming (RSTP/etc) -- I really wanted to get the app working well with live video feeds.. I might have to pick up a camera that supports video streaming.. any suggestions? I've already got several cheap IP cameras but none have video streams that can be accessed outside of their own app.

My HOPE was to use this library, ExoPlayer, which supports a TON of video formats and is very well used/tested. But, I wasn't able to get it to work with my only RTSP test app, IP Webcam.

Anyway if others are interested in getting a live video feed/tile working I can build the ExoPlayer demo app and upload it. I'd love to get feedback of what works and doesn't work

Just installed .1338 on the Relay, both issues have been fixed. Thanks!

I've had one of these for a while, not sure if they've changed the firmware but mine does RTSP streaming (and image).
Decent quality for the price (In Canada at least).
https://www.amazon.com/RLC-410W-Wireless-Dual-Band-Detection-Waterproof/dp/B07DC2GM5K

My video feeds have worked for a long time now. :slightly_smiling_face:

If anyone's interested in testing out a version of the app which uses this much more robust ExoPlayer library for streaming video, I uploaded a version of the app which will co-exist with the current production version. You just have to add a new video tile to use this library. The screenshot below is showing 4 video feeds (the example URL's)

Just let me know if it works or not.. I can tweak the UI for the video playback

That's good to know too.. honestly, I wasn't sure if anyone was using live video tiles in the app once I realized the example URL's weren't working. Do you know if you're using the RTSP or MJPG video feed?

While ideally I'd just use 1 well tested video streaming library - I can also use more than 1 library if they all work well for different types of video feeds

Sorry, missed this one earlier. Today the order items are displayed on the multi-sensor tile isn't configurable (the items are configurable -- just not the order). I'll see if there's some simple UI I can come up with to do this

Is this a mounted dashboard? I guess I can see this being useful for tablets where it'd easy for someone to back out of the app or open a dialog and leave it there.. now that I think of it my kids will sometimes view a photo full-screen (google photos driver) and leave it open.

Not sure how hard it'd be to implement but I'll add it to my TODO list

2 Likes

Yes, my tablets are wall mounted. I've even caught myself leaving it in sub dashboards, so this feature request would be awesome, and deserving of a couple of beers too. Thanks in advance.

I can change the color of ALL of the icons on the button together. But can I change the color of each individual icon on the button?

I get a 404 error when adding a local rtsp feed. I have confirmed rtsp works from the tablet using VLC. Please let me know what information you need to tshoot the issue.

I am making these icons I posted about a few days ago. Obviously that means I am tweaking and testing different versions and the app is cacheing the old versions. Would it be possible to add a "Refresh Icon Cache" option please?

My rtsp feed did not work with this beta test

Re: return to home screen, if possible let this be optional; I like the ability to leave a folder open when I'm keeping an eye on a group of sensors (like waiting for the laundry to finish).

1 Like

The ExoPlayer player version is 0 for 2 :frowning: too bad since it was REALLY easy to implement and I know it's used by a lot of apps. It must be more for streaming video than live video from cameras but not sure why..

hmm.. good question.. yeah, the app will cache images so they doesn't have to be downloaded again. I can look at adding some kind of advanced 'clear cache' option

It only supports changing the color per device - so all of the buttons for that device would use the same color.

It is possible to use custom icons though. If you look on iconsdb.com you can find just about every icon I use and there's an option to change the color too. You could put any custom icons on the hub's filemanager and select it

1 Like