[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Weird, this one was really small and shouldn't have affected anything existing. I'll go back and double-check though

Edit: I see.. wow, a tiny change with a big side-effect! I have a simple method called 'isImage()' which basically checks if the URL/path is an image. It just checked if the path ended with .jpg or .bmp. I wanted to use it for the new feature - including hub filemanager images so I added .png to this list which worked but...

I didn't notice that I'm also using this method to detect if a tile is using a non-transparent image as it's icon.. ie: not .png files.. if so, it'll let you choose from some various ways of cropping the image since non-transparent images don't make for the best icons typically..

Anyway, long-story short - it's now applying some custom cropping logic for .png images when it shouldn't..

I'll change this quick - you shouldn't have to do anything to get the images back to the way they were before

Edit #2 -- I just pushed a fix now and it should be ready in ~5 mins or so. If you changed the crop options of any of the images you might have to change them back to the first option as the app saves this state (see screenshot below). I did also notice that changing these crop options sometimes requires you to re-start the app to take full effect. I'll try to figure out why and fix it but wanted to make sure the original issue was fixed first

1 Like

Just updated to .1254 and that fixed the problem, thanks!

2 Likes

hey @jpage4500 !
A wierd thing is currently happening - I am running the android Dashboard and have an 'Hub Update' icon on my screen - with 2.2.9.144 showing.

The settings page on my hub shows I'm currently on that version. Check for updates on the hub returns no updates available. Refresh and restart of the app on the android doesn't clear it.
In the past (from memory) if I saw that icon, there truly was an update to run. I once reported to HE that the Update available flag didn't clear on hub update - but all I got back was pushback so I dropped the issue (yet later the problem stopped - go figure).
Anyways - ATM it looks as if the Dashboard is the source of the trouble - anything I can do or try to clear it? oops. looks like I cleared it. I reloaded a backup inadvertently. Don't think I can reproduce!

The app checks for updates every few hours - it should delete that tile the next time it checks if you're up-to-date.. at least that's how it's supposed to work.

1 Like

When I tap the moon phase tile, I get this chopped view on all of my devices. Normal?

Forgot to mention, if you just want to hide the update tile you can do that too by hitting "Ignore this version".. this option should hide that version from showing up again and the next version will still show up

I mention that because the pattern recently seems to be lots of hub updates follow the initial update.. so while typically I try to keep my hub up-to-date; with this one I'm going to wait until the updates settle down before updating

1 Like

Yep, that sounds right. I'm not sure what else to do when clicking on that tile other than show it full-screen. I could display other details if there are any though - like what I'm doing with the GameTime tile - showing the schedule attribute full-screen

1 Like

I just got a chance to test this one out - you're right, there's no direct button support now. I'll add it in. Question - is this a 1-button device or multi-button device? By default, clicking on the widget will toggle the state.. ie: light -> on/off. But, with a button device I'll need to handle a few different cases - such as a single button or multiple buttons. I'm thinking that if it's a single button device I can call the "push/1" command. If there's multiple buttons I can show a dialog with all of the buttons displayed so one can be selected. Does that sound reasonable?

1 Like

... speaking of widgets, I'll see if I can add widget support for HSM (home security monitor) which seems like the kind of thing that could be useful to see and/or change from a phone's launcher.

Any other widget suggestions or ideas? Worst case I can add them to the TODO list

Can I get nest camera's or an ip cameras rtsp streams as tiles in the dash?

2 Likes

I didn't think it was possible to get an RTSP video stream from Nest cameras unless something changed recently.. though I did find this page which seems to suggest maybe it is.

I don't have a Nest camera - just some thermostats and this driver works for them.. I'd imagine if video streaming is supported, it'd have to start there first (and if it is already let me know as I haven't followed this thread latest)

Apologies if it's posted here somewhere. I just got an interesting device that let's me turn my head unit in my car into an android tablet via the wired carplay connection. Pretty damn slick. Thinking about putting this app on there.

So the question. Does the android app work in android 9?

Yes. I have an Android 9 head unit and the Dashboard app works fine. The widgets have some issues on mine but your mileage may vary.

1 Like

It doesn't necessarily have to be an rtsp stream from a Nest camera. I have some nest cams and an standalone NVR that allows rtsp streams. A stream from either one would be great. I can already get the stream from the ip camera using vlc. Just wondered of I could get it in the dash

1 Like

Yes, single button. I was trying to setup a virtual button and some samsung buttons. Anything you do sounds reasonable to me. Thanks again.

1 Like

Sounds interesting. Do you mind sharing more details about the head unit and device?

Nothing too fancy it is the stock head unit in my 2019 camry. The key is they need to have wired carplay support.

Here is the device I purchased.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09G9KPXHW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Here is a video of a similar device in action on pretty much identical head unit in my car. (there seems to be several clones of the product. I wish I had researched and gotten the applepie mini). A few quirks to be sure but you gain so much. It is really impressive.

1 Like

morning - I recently began building a new hub dash-android - I'm getting no option to change Tile type to HTML on these:

I went back and compared them to the functional dashboard - and see they are 'web tiles' - I don't remember doing it but I must have added them by hand. Also my OpenWeatherMap doesn't offer 'Weather' as a tile Device Type any longer... Should I clear everything and start again or is this worth checking into?

Caught another item that might need attention - Recall the other day I had Hub Update tile on screen. I moved it and dropped it up top of my tiles.
Then it disappeared and all my tiles moved around. It may be best to have a placeholder tile for dynamic tiles such as this to maintain layout integrity.

Hi @jshimota / @jpage4500 - this is very cool, how do I set this up? I can't seem to find this tile anywhere. I've tried to copy the hub information driver tile, but it's not the same. Thanks!