[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Just a sanity check here...

The last update to hit my devices is .750

I thought I had used the beta package when I installed but maybe not. It's not a big deal to me so I'll hang on what I have.

Working well for me now. Thanks.

I didn't mention it but this is there in 1.0.750

this one too should be fixed

1 Like

It is and it works great. Thanks again for doing this.

Not sure if this has been asked or if it's possible but can the tile used for HSM display an HSM alert as well and if so have an option to clear the alert or create a new tile just to show alerts.

You can add the "HSM" tile to the app to view and control HSM state. I'm not sure what you mean about HSM alerts though.. not sure if there's a way to get the recent HSM alerts from the hub but if so let me know and I'll look into it.

Like if there was an intrusion alarm, ability to see that and clear it out. I have an HSM alert for batteries, this morning it went off which i get a notification for. To clear it I have to login to the Hubitat web portal and got to HSM to clear the alert. Would be nice to see the alert in Hubitat Dashboard and have ability to clear it. Not sure how to pasted a picture to show but it does log the alarm in System Events

Name Description Value Event Type Date
hsmAlert Battery Level CancelAlert cancelRuleAlerts 2020-12-07 12:29:35.060 PM EST
sunriseTime 2020-12-08T12:00:00.000Z API 2020-12-07 06:59:00.203 AM EST
sunrise true API 2020-12-07 06:59:00.079 AM EST
hsmAlert Battery Level ALERT! rule 2020-12-07 06:32:58.222 AM EST

I see events listed on this page: http://192.168.0.IP/events.. I can possibly fetch this page and scrape it for events but ideally there'd be an API in MakerAPI to get HSM events. I remember someone here setting a 'variable string' value on a virtual device and displaying that in the dashboard. I wonder if there's a way to do something similar.

I did some searching and did see someone also mention you can cancel alerts using the MakerAPI but nothing for fetching events.

I missed these earlier

At first I wasn't following this one but I think I get it now. You're saying there's no need to show the action bar (title bar) unless the app is in edit mode (where you need it to add devices).

I think the main reason I have it display for a second and then auto-hide is to show that navigation menu icon - even just for a second - so users know it's there. I worried that it wasn't obvious there even was a navigation drawer when the app was in full screen / no title bar.

The option to replace the icon on an app tile.

That's doable - I'll add it to my TODO list

When editing in a folder, allow the adding of tiles directly rather than creating them at the top level and dragging them down. I'm thinking mostly of spacing tiles and sub folders.

Yeah, I've thought of doing that too.. I'll add that one as well

If you do decide to keep the bar in non edit mode, is it possible to slide it over the tiles, rather than pushing them down the screen and then bounce back up. It looks odd when the screen saver from fully goes off and if you are trying to touch a particular tile it runs away from you.

Sorry for the delay on this one.. it took me a lot of searching to just find this post! Anyway, I started working on this one. I'm going to use the "Multi Sensor" device type and show up to 4 items on the tile. I'll have an option to pick which values you want to see as well (maybe adjust order too but that one might come later unless I can figure out an easy way to implement it).

so far I have one that supports door (contact) and presence, but in the near future I plan to add more capabilities on top of that: temp/humidity, illuminance, etc.

I was going to ask what device attributes you were looking for but I think you listed them here.. if there's more let me know. I plan to support most sensor values I can find.

1 Like

Let me try that and see how it looks. I've also found it annoying when the action bar hides and the screen scrolls up to adjust. I don't remember if there was any real reason I didn't go with the slide over option

1 Like

@jpage4500 Thanks again for your great work. The stacking and folder reporting are working well. Just wanted to put a bug in your ear to work on having two time frames for toggling the display off and on. I'm a little worried about screen burn and power usage over the long term.

Forgot to ask. Would it be possible to add the current outside temperture to the time tile? Would make that tile even more useful.

I could do this but it'd require getting the temp from somewhere (internet or another device). It might be easier to put the current time on the weather device tile

I'm not aware of the weather device tile. Is this is a device I can add to the dashboard?

Adding it to the time tile would be similar to what my Android phone home screen looks like. Here is one place to get local weather: Current weather data - OpenWeatherMap (I think).

There's a HE driver for weather - 1 is built-in but I'm using another one referenced in this link which has forecast data and better images

btw - I've got this working -- just need to wrap up some other changes and I'll push it out

2 Likes

With 1.0.767, it apparently is no longer possible to have device count without 'on' device count. With the relocation of the 'On' and device count bubbles to the bottom right of the stacked folder view, they now overlay the bottom right icon (with some icon styles it becomes almost completely obscured when both bubbles are showing).

If it is no longer possible to separate 'On' and count bubbles, can they be relocated to the center of the folder icon when the folder view is set to unstacked?