[Release] HubDuino v1.1.9 - Hubitat to Arduino / ESP8266 / ESP32 / ThingShield Integration (ST_Anything)

If the contact sensor is changing quickly, then HubDuino is working fine. The problem must be within your rule or the light device.

Ok, I will open a new thread, the motion response is fine but doing different rules for the door all are slow. Thanks

Amazingsauce, glad to see you've got this going! I'll be over here in a little while, after I get the bulk of my "commercial devices" migrated.

1 Like

Hi Dan,

On august 7, my door (and apparently) water sensors stopped working. I looked at my devices today and I had 2 (or in one case) 3 hubduino sensors for each actual sensor. And one of those was getting the new results from the Arduino (I'm using the thingshield).

All of them (including the ones that had the names of my doors and water sensors that were no longer working) had different device network IDs. (The four digit number was different.

I went through and deleted all the named ones and the extra generically named ones and then renamed the generic ones back to the correct names and then had to set up all my apps and monitors that used them to point to the new ones.

Any idea what might have caused this?

Thanks!

Todd

Assuming that the sketch has not been changed, the only way I can imagine that this could happen is if the Parent Device’s deviceNetworkID (DNI) somehow changed.

I have never seen that happen. The child devices get their DNI from their name in the sketch combined with the parent’s DNI.

That is weird. I do not even have the Arduino hooked to a computer. It is plugged into a USB power adapter. So, the sketch has not changed.

I do think I did a hub update on the 7th. But I've done updates before without any issue.

Well, hopefully, it will not happen again. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I'll be the first to say the two different ESP8266 Blinds DTHs I have tried did not easily convert over to HE. And considering what a gigantic enormous pain in the sweaty arse it is to climb up, adjust the blinds and align the servos, I think maybe I'll keep them on ST and wait until someone else has sorted it out. :sunglasses:

1 Like

Hey Dan,

Sorry the weird request but could you add to the hubduino driver the option to turn off the debug?

Now with the past logs it gets full fast mostly with hubduino debug.

Thanks.

I understand the request. However, I don’t have an internet connection due to Hurricane Florence.

For now, you can simply comment out the log.debug statements in the groovy code.

Sorry to hear, hope everything goes better soon, thanks for the tip!

Edit: I commented on all log.debug(many), working fine as expected, thanks again.

1 Like

I believe ESP8266 board support 2.4.2 was released 1st of August which fixed the memory leak.

A ST user tried it and said it was still problematic. I haven’t had time to really dig into it. If you decide to investigate, I’d appreciate any feedback you can provide. It looks like they now have two flavors of the TCP/IP network stack that can be chosen in the zArduino IDE.

I'll take their word for it for now. :slight_smile:

I've got a photoresistor set up. Looks like it's refreshing every 60 seconds. Remind me what the fields represent here?

static st::PS_Illuminance sensor1(F("illuminance2"), 60, 20, PIN_ILLUMINANCE_2, 0, 1024, 0, 10000);

Documentation can be found at the top of each device’s .h and .cpp file.

1 Like

Thank you - works like a charm. :slight_smile:

1 Like

@ogiewon

Potential project I would like to do with Hubuino.

My home is completed outfitted with wired smoke alarms. The issue I have is if there was a fire and we are gone there is no way to be notified.

I am wondering if you or anyone in the community have connected into a wired system and relayed an alert if the detectors go off. Any guidance is appreciated.

I havent got to it yet, but I plan to connect my wired smoke alarm to my nodemcu as a later project. My detector is in a hard to reach area of my ceiling so it's way down my todo list. Check out this link if you plan to use Konnected/Esp8266 nodemcu as your microcontroller for this project. It's what I will be using when I'm ready to move forward.

https://help.konnected.io/support/solutions/articles/32000022629-wiring-smoke-co-detectors

You could easily connect your existing smoke detectors (assuming they are all wired together) into a single NodeMCU ESP8266 running HubDuino. I believe you’ll need a relay that attaches to the smoke alarm wiring. Then wire the dry contact of the relay to GND and whichever GPIO pin on the NodeMCU you want to use. The sketch is very simple using an IS_Smoke device.

Here is an example of the relay module I have seen others use.

@aaron Another very simple way to get an alert that your Smoke Alarms are going off is to use a $20 WyzeCam. The WyzeCam is a great little 1080p camera with no recurring fees. One of its features is to alert you if it ‘hears’ a smoke or CO alarm going off.

While not tied into Hubitat, it will alert you on your phone. They do have IFTTT integration and Alexa integration.

https://www.wyzecam.com/product/wyze-cam-v2/

Dan, I got a question for you. I'm migrating some of my stuff from Konnected to Hubduino. One of the pins was used for a motion detector. I believe it only transmits open/close so works well when set up as a "contact sensor". What would be the easiest way to have it show up as a motion sensor in Hubitat though? I know it's rather a cosmetic issue but still. Could I write/modify a driver to accomplish this or would I have to dig deeper?