[Release] HubDuino v1.1.9 - Hubitat to Arduino / ESP8266 / ESP32 / ThingShield Integration (ST_Anything)

I’m stuck again. Trying to implement a TimedRelaySwitch but the child device does not get created. I’m sure I’m missing something easy. I do see the following line show up in the log:

results = [[name:relaySwitch1, value:off], [name:all, value:relaySwitch1:off]]

So the communication between Hubitat and the ESP8266 seems to work fine. Any ideas?

You do have a HubDuino Service Manager App installed and configured to use the Bridge Device, correct? If so, you should be seeing some debug in the logs from the Service Manager app, since it creates the Child Devices.

I knew it was something stupid. Sorry for wasting your time.

1 Like

No need to apologize. I am happy you have it working.

All,

It appears that firmware 707 may have changed the handling of spaces in a URL. This results in issues sending commands to the Arduino/ESP board. I have updated the Hubduino Ethernet Bridge driver in my Github Repo with a simple fix. Please upgrade your driver and be sure to save it. Afterwards all should be back to normal.

I am running a simple Illuminance sensor but it keeps dropping off the network every 3-4 hours and needs rebooted. Any idea what I’m doing wrong?

Are you using an ESP8266? If yes, revert the Arduino IDE Board Manager version of ESP8266 to v2.3. v2.4/v2.4.1 has a nasty memory leak. Not an issue with ST_Anything code.

1 Like

I must have overlooked that. I reverted back to v2.3 and its running perfectly. Thank you

I’m looking for a way to control blinds without spending a fortune. Also an excuse to buy a 3d printer, but that’s another story. This seems like an ideal option. Has anyone already used an esp8266 board and motor to accomplish this? I’ve found some solutions online, but a more local to hubitat solution would be ideal.

I picked up a creality 3d CR10s printer at the end of December and I love it. I am currently working on making my own electronic drum set and am able to print the drums, clamps for the rack, just about everything. I absolutely love it.

You probably didn’t overlook the memory leak issue… I just added those details to the ReadMe yesterday after you pointed out the issue. I really thought that the Arduino ESP8266 developers would have released an updated version by now. Since they haven’t, I though it best to update the documentation.

I have never attempted to add Window Shade control to ST_Anything, probably because there have been so many other ST projects dedicated specifically to that task.

Dan,
This is cslee. I'm coming over from ST to hubitat. I've followed everything to the T in your instructions. However, in the " Verify your Child Devices are automagically created" step, I cannot see the child devices created. I checked the sketch and mac addresses and ip address etc.... with the experience gained in ST. But I did not see and child devices being created.

One obvious question is:
Is the sketch for the arduino different between ST and hubitat? I just change the hub ip address assuming that's all the difference.

thanks,
cs

I think I found the issue. The port is different between ST and hubitat. It that necassary ?

Yes, the port number change is required. The Hubitat hub listens on a different port. This is not something users can change.

I discovered a bug this morning with the refresh() command not being sent correctly from Hubitat to the microcontroller. This bug was caused by previous 'fix' to the HubDuino Ethernet Bridge Driver.

You can find the updated version below. Just copy the raw text from Github, paste over top of your existing driver code, and click save.

https://raw.githubusercontent.com/DanielOgorchock/ST_Anything/master/HubDuino/Drivers/hubduino-ethernet-bridge.groovy

@ogiewon, Dan,

The Thingshield support works perfect! You are really an awesome asset to the community! Thank you for your great support!

Todd

2 Likes

All,

HubDuino v1.1 has been released. This version utilizes the recently released Composite Device Driver design. The Svc Mgr App and Bridge Drivers are no longer required.

I have updated the ReadMe with new instructions on how to install and configure the HunDuino software within Hubitat.

NOTE: All Child Device Drivers have been updated to support this release. You must update every Child Driver, and add the new Parent Device Drivers as well.

See the first post for more information on this release.

Thanks a bunch for this driver. My house came pre-wired for an alarm system, so it's gonna be awesome to finally use the stuff. The contacts are working great. And I'm planning on putting some extra switches where there would normally be control panels.

I'm having some trouble getting the button feature to work though. I just wanna make sure I'm understanding them correctly. This is on a NodeMCU. Using an edited [ST_Anything_Multiples_ESP8266WiFi.ino] sketch. I'm trying to connect 2 buttons. button1 is between D3 and GND. button2 is between D4 and GND. I set Number of Buttons=2 in the DTH.

The problem I'm having is if I press button1 my routine will trigger once. But it wont trigger again until after I press button2. And vice versa. Are the buttons supposed to be tied together in this way? I'd like for them to be independent of each other.

Update: To get it working for my case. I had to change [HubDuino Parent Ethernet] line 87

results << createEvent(name: value, value: namenum)

To:

results << createEvent(name: value, value: namenum, isStateChange:true)

1 Like

Thanks for the testing and the fix! I’ll update the GitHub repo shortly.

[Update] Changes uploaded to GitHub.