[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (no longer SmartThings!)

ST is cloud. Perhaps Samsung is messing with their cloud?

I just rebooted the hubitat hub and now it's showing online properly. Weird.

I've reported on here that I've had problems when updating to 1.5. Things just go slow and don't work.
I decided to bite the bullet and delete all the Huconnect devices on my remote and server hub and the apps. I kept and updated all the Hubconnect device handlers.
I then followed the instructions for an install. This went extremely well apart from one thing.
I'm not sure if this has been reported before or if this was causing my issue but when I tried to install motion devices they would not be created on the client hub.
I opened live logging on the client hub and tried again and received an error (I should have made a note but didn't) on the client which basically said it could not find the device type "HubConnect DomeMotion Sensor".
When I opened the device type I could see it was defined with a space between the 'e' of Dome and the 'M' of motion.
Like this "HubConnect Dome Motion Sensor".
I deleted the space and now everything worked OK.
I thought I'd better report it in case this is something that needs to be addressed.
Things are now looking good though so I can only assume that things must have got somehow corrupt (user error probably :smile: ) when I did the initial install months ago.
Great app and thanks again.
Just tagging @csteele and @srwhite for info.

Just updated to v1.5, worked 99% perfectly, using websockets for HE to HE. Thank you!

One edge case confounds me. There are two device types (DomeMotion and SmokeCO) where:

• the latest device driver is installed on the server
  • the logs show error messages "XYZ device cannot be created" because the driver is not found
  • when I run your very handy "system version report", everything is up-to-date, except those two drivers don't even show up.

It's as if Hubconnect thinks those two drivers aren't installed, but they are (at least looking at the Hubitat UI).

I've deleted and reinstalled the two device drivers several times. I've deleted the primary server device and then recreated it. I'm out of troubleshooting steps and have read everything above (scary!).

Any ideas? TIA....

I updated the Repo.. please re-Import those two drivers.

Driver Code -> click the driver -> click Import -> click Import -> click Save

Eureka, that did it.

This year, I am grateful to you, to Steve, and to camping. :grinning: Oh yeah, I love my family also.

1 Like

I have locks paired with smartthings and cannot seem to control them thru Hubitat when linked with HUbConnect. SHould this work?

@srwhite I am thinking of using HubConnect as I am adding a 4th hub. My question is that each of my hubs connect to an Iogear WIFI to Ethernet Adapter so I am wondering if this will cause any problems? Thanks

Fixes were posted for control of some devices for SmartThings on Wednesday. Please make sure you're using the latest update for SmartThings.

As long as the hubs are on the same subnet there won't be any issues. Even if they aren't HubConnect won't have an issue. HubConnect doesn't generate a lot of traffic so it should play well with the extenders.

Great, thanks. I will give it a shot.

1 Like

I am using the latest. I thought this would fix it. But it doesnt seem to

The HubConnect lock driver was updated with the 1.5 release, and both Server, Instance, and SmartThings Remote Clients should be 1.5.3.. I just tested and locks are working with SmartThings.

My apologies, just started working. Guess I needed to be patient. Thanks

Haha... The joys of the SmartThings cloud.. Glad it's working now.

2 Likes

I'm trying to link my Rachio on HubConnect but can only seem to get the valve driver to work which isn't much value if you cant turn it on or off. Anybody else had luck with another driver that will pick up the switch attributes on Rachio?

You will probably have to do a Custom because there isn't a standard driver with Valve + Switch.

You create a "stub driver" by making a copy of the closest you can find.. either HubConnect Valve.groovy or HubConnect Switch.groovy and make your own. Install it as you normally would.

Then on HubConnect Server, create the Custom Driver telling it the name of the driver you just created and a couple of Attributes.

Perhaps am missing something. Got my HubConnect and HubConnect Homebridge setup. Can access all of my devices on iOS Home app without issue! Excellent. The problem is when I move outside of my local network I lose all connectivity. I have searched (perhaps not enough!) to see if there is a setting that I am missing, but have come up empty. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to enable this feature? Thanks in advance for the help!

Best,

J

iOS Home works "remotely" via an always on Apple "HomeKit hub" -- apple TV, HomePod or iPad. Which ever one you setup will use your AppleID to connect to Apple's cloud... Then when you're out and about using LTE or someone else's Internet, your iOS Home App will converse with Apple's cloud, stacking up a list of things to do. Your HomeKit hub will have previously made the connection and the list will move inside your home.

Thanks @csteele for the quick reply. I was running the old homebridge-hubitat plugin prior to update without issue (either remote or on home network). After installing the hubconnect, only the home network is working. My HomeKit hub is an AppleTV. As soon as I go remote, I get all devices reading error. Is there a certain port that is needed for communication to outside that I am missing in my port forwarding router setup that may be the culprit? Signed in and out of iCloud with my appleTV and no fix. Still responding as missing when I am not at home.