[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (no longer SmartThings!)

On the HE server app, click the ST hub name, then this

Remember to install the drivers needed in ST first before clicking done. Good luck.

2 Likes

The devices still do not show up in ST, both HE and ST show connected to each other.

Did you installed the HubConnect drivers in ST?

Wow I feel like such a newbie, I forgot to publish them.

One last thing, Is there a way to pass the system status of HE Safety Monitor to ST

Ahh, good one, not directly but problably creating a virtual switch and a rule to change the status of the switch for each HSM status will do the trick.

1 Like

That was my work around. And currently using

Also there are 2 Drivers that do not work. Button and Keypad Gave an error when adding them. (I removed the affected devices as I don't have to have them)

I believe those 2 needs some work, thanks for the feedback, I'm sure @srwhite will take care of it. The buttons are implemented very different in HE so that's why the drivers don't work on ST yet but they will.

If you are referring to SmartThings, both drivers work fine in SmartThings. They're universal however, so they have no tiles interface and do not work in the apps. You can still build automations using events that they trigger. @csteele and I are working to get as many native ST drivers finished as soon as possible.

2 Likes

When trying to install 2 drivers it errors out and will not let me add them. Here are the 2

HubConnect-Keypad.groovy

Java.lang.RuntimeException: Metadata Error: Capability 'SecurityKeypad' not found

HubConnect-Button.groovy

Java.lang.RuntimeException: Metadata Error: Capability 'PushableButton' not found.

“PushableButton” is the Hubitat ‘spelling’

I don’t know for sure but I’m thinking the same for “SecurityKeypad”

I’ll want to look it up

Should would be nice, if this could work on Vera as well, just so I could then have a $300 indoor siren, instead of a paper weight :disappointed_relieved::pleading_face::frowning_face:

I know......wishful thinking...lol

The HubConnect Remote-Client API is pretty simple... the same one that Dan.T followed to get Homebridge to work.

Have a go :smiley:

I assume Vera has a way to install a HubConnect-Remote-Client in some language.

@srwhite,

Is there a way to push a fan from HE to ST? I don't see it for any of the devices.

Also, I have a water valve and I copied the valve driver to ST but it is not showing.

1 Like

As a Dimmer, yes.

Regarding your valve:
ST needs to use HubConnect-Valve driver. It's a Universal Driver, so there are no Tiles within ST, til we complete converting them.

1 Like

LOL....WAAAAAAY above my skillset, that was part of the reason I dumped them as you needed a decent skillset (which I don't have) just to do basic rules.

I've installed the Universal valve driver, but it is not pushing the device to ST. I will try again.

One thing I noticed too, is that it does not tell me to install the driver beforehand (like the other devices do).

1 Like

@dan.t
just started getting the following error. not sure what is going on. The last thing I did was move a contact sensor from one of my slave hubs to the other one. deleted it on the slave hub and the coordinator hub, then added it to the other slave hub and then back to the coordinator hub. then added it to homebridge via hubconnect and restarted homebridge. then I got this:

Error: Cannot add a bridged Accessory with the same UUID as another bridged Accessory: 704736be-841a-4b4a-a34d-4614f9f16b4b
    at Bridge.Accessory.addBridgedAccessory (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/Accessory.js:268:13)
    at Server.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/lib/server.js:416:24)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge/node_modules/hap-nodejs/lib/util/once.js:16:19
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-hubconnect/index.js:179:13
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-hubconnect/index.js:166:21
    at HE_ST_Platform.processDevices (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-hubconnect/index.js:113:23)
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-hubconnect/index.js:157:18
    at /usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-hubconnect/lib/he_hubconnect_api.js:148:21
    at IncomingMessage.<anonymous> (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/homebridge-hubitat-hubconnect/lib/he_hubconnect_api.js:67:17)
    at IncomingMessage.emit (events.js:194:15)
    at endReadableNT (_stream_readable.js:1125:12)
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:63:19)

It has to do with caching that Homebridge does. The easiest right now is to stop Homebridge, delete the file ~/.homebridge/accessoires/cachedAccessoires and start Homebridge again. I am working a new version of the plugin that makes the plugin a dynamic platform that can deal with those cache entries by itself but it is a bit more work. Hopefully I have something by the end of the week.

Hmm, didn’t work. It recreated the file and initialized all the devices, but then threw the same error. Other ideas?