[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (no longer SmartThings!)

Just tried that. Same error.

I think I'll just remove everything and start over to see if it does anything different.

Maybe I was unclear. I have this installed on my HE "Server":

1. HubConnect-Server.groovy -- App Code
  2. HubConnect-Server-Instance.groovy -- App Code
  3. HubConnect-Remote-Hub.groovy -- Driver Code

On ST, I have the following installed:

1. HubConnect-Remote-Client.groovy -- ST SmartApp

Prior to the update this morning, everything worked. Now, I am getting the error described in my earlier post and devices are not showing in HE at all.

I think I'm making progress. I was able to successfully add a custom driver. It took a complete remove/re-install though. No amount of clicking done before re-installing worked/helped.

OK. Now... For attributes all I have selected is "thermostat" as attribute 1.

Q: Do I need to manually enter all thermostat attributes (coolingSetpoint, heatingSetpoint, temperature, etc) in attributes 2-8, or do those come along for free with attribute #1?

I completely uninstalled the app and resinstalled. I am not getting the error described earlier.

However, I am not getting any of the devices from ST to show up in HE at all. It has been almost 10 minutes since install.

I have two devices I am testing. Ring Doorbell Pro and ST Presence Sensor. Both devices have the Universal drivers in the HE drivers code. As info, both showed up in HE devices prior to the 1.1 update.

I am seeing the following in the logs:
[trace](http://192.168.86.5/installedapp/configure/829)Received ping from ST V3.

ST V3 is the name of my ST hub in your app. It appears to be communicating and shows Online in the App menu.

Anything else to try?

UPDATE:

It appears that when I connect to HE HubCOnnect Server from ST, it is not creating the driver in HE for HubConnect.

It also appears that HubConnect is not properly installing the generic driver in HE for the ST devices. For example, my Ring Doorbell just tried to send an event to HE and received the following warning:

[warn](http://192.168.86.5/installedapp/configure/829)Ignoring Received event from ST V3: Device Not Found!

However, the HubConnect-Ring-Doorbell.groovy driver is installed in HE drivers code.

Yes

@csteele, this is what I have:

ST V3 is my Smartthings Hub as a client.

ST SmartApp HubConnect Remote Client is showing as Connected to HE as well.

Well, I didn't and all of the thermostat attributes seem to be passing to the other hub... Not that I'm complaining.

Edit: or maybe I hit SYNC and the states all showed up... Can't remember, need to poke around some more.

I only had to do two attributes on the custom driver setup in the hub, thermostat and my custom attribute I added to the driver.

They all seem to be updating at this time, but I had to leave the house so only had a minute or two to look at it.

I'll look at it a lot closer tonight after dinner.

1 Like

Sync would do it.. that's exactly what it's there to do. :slight_smile:

Yeah, but is that a one time thing, or will those states be updated after pressing sync (without having to press sync again)?

You can certainly press it as many times as you want :smiley: It's grabbing what the "real device" knows.. I've had real devices add attributes over time.. I have a recessed door sensor that has a tamper switch.. but it did not expose that til I caused a tamper event. A sync before is not going to know MORE than the device itself.

1 Like

Sigh .... If the Thermostat setting in attribute slot #1 doesn't actually transfer anything automatically, then I don't have enough attribute fields to get what I need. There are 8 attributes I need.

@srwhite Any possibility of getting a few more attribute slots on custom drivers?

Or make the "thermostat" attribute pull across one of them by default - like temperature?

I really need all 7 standard thermostat attributes PLUS one more - 8 total.

Me too...

And I have lots of pings in my live logs:

app:3892019-03-26 03:54:54.208 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:53:55.082 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:52:54.243 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:51:56.358 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:50:54.350 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:49:54.350 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:48:55.145 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:47:54.240 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:46:55.471 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:45:54.214 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:44:54.273 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:43:56.166 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:42:54.786 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:41:54.506 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:40:54.347 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:39:54.878 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:38:55.628 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:37:54.283 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:36:54.291 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:35:57.627 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:34:54.577 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.
app:3892019-03-26 03:33:56.389 pm traceReceived ping from ZeeSmarts.

As well as a Device per Remote Hub:
19%20PM

On ST, I have ONE local device.. that RGBW Qubino Controller:

And I also have the Device on 'coordinator' as well:
59%20PM

Using the specific Stub Driver it needs. (HubConnect RGB Bulb)

On ST, the Real Device has a set of Attributes:
09%20PM

While on 'coordinator' has the set HubConnect has generically defined.

Current States

color : #000000
colorTemperature : 6246
hue : 0
level : 100
saturation : 0
switch : off

I reinstalled everything. I now have a HubConnect Remote Driver showing in Devices in HE. (Was not showing before).

I can now successfully send local devices to ST, but ST will not send devices to HE.

All universal drivers are installed on HE as well.

sorry for the piecemeal pasting of all the screencaps.. I wanted it to be in one message for "future readers" :frowning:

@spalexander68
What device are you trying to send from ST to HE?

I will hunt for a spare device to add to ST and watch the process again. Especially the logs... which I didn't retain from yesterday.

@csteele,

I have a ST Arrival Sensor V4. Also, a Ring Doorbell Pro. Both generic drivers are in the HE drivers code section.

Here's the deal. Prior to the update this morning to Version 1.1, it worked perfectly. Something in 1.1 seems to have broken the ST to HE process.At least for these two devices.

I'm getting an "unsubscribe" error at line 291 in ST when I tried to remove something and save it:

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script_app_12345averylongstringofcharactersandnumbers12345.unsubscribe() is applicable for argument types: 
(physicalgraph.app.DeviceWrapperList, java.lang.String, java.lang.String) values: [[Bedroom TV Iris (ZBr), Crawlspace Plug (ZBr), Entry Closet (ZBr), ...], ...]
Possible solutions: unsubscribe(), unsubscribe(java.lang.String), subscribe(physicalgraph.app.InstalledSmartAppWrapper, java.lang.String, java.lang.String), subscribe(physicalgraph.app.DeviceWrapper, java.lang.String, java.lang.String), subscribe(java.util.Collection, java.lang.String, java.lang.String), subscribe(physicalgraph.app.HubWrapper, java.lang.String, java.lang.String) @line 291 (subscribeLocalEvents)

Any idea what thats about? I have seen things show up from Hubitat on ST, but not the reverse (pretty sure I did something out of order, so I'm not too worried about it - might start over later)

Edit: I also don't see a "Connected" status in HE

OK, I did find an Iris door sensor to try...

Updated to latest version today - everything is working well for me. brought over 107 physical ST devices through hub connect.

Can control ST devices through HE as well as HE is receiving updated status of ST initiated changes

Thanks for this great app. It is really going to help me as I move more devices to HE from ST.

1 Like

Custom thermostat driver just doesn't seem to work 100%. Attributes that are specified don't seem to show up in Current States. Numbers come across, enumerations/text don't seem to (at least not reliably).

And I have debug logging turned on at both ends, nothing in the logs. I see EVENTS on the replicated device for some parameters (like "thermostatFanState" mentioned below), but there is no Current State for it... don't know why.

For instance, I bring across the attribute "thermostatFanState".

Here it is on the actual device:
Capture

Notice no "thermostatFanState" on the replicated device (note, thermostatOperatingMode wasn't there either until I hit sync, but it doesn't actually update automatically):

Here is the custom driver def: