[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (no longer SmartThings!)

It sounds like if you're going to go through the trouble of wiring it, you might as well just make it an access point.

Life360 has proven to me to be the most reliable, albeit not a perfect choice... I combine that with Hubitats app and HomeKit and have a near-solid presence detection solution.

Do you use Presence Governor or anything like that? Or do you just have ~3 different presence devices for the same phone?

Asus lost me about a decade ago after a rash of motherboard power regulator failures that were caused by placing them too close to the CPU heatsink. The second time it blew I stopped building PCs and switched to Mac. :slight_smile:

In theory it would be nice to be able to move around without having to switch networks. Also each WAP cuts your wireless network speeds by half (but I suppose that really depends on your overall Internet speed and what you’re doing with it.)

Same. I’ve encountered that on ASUS MB’s with some massive temperature readings that I thought were false only to to have catastrophic failures. My most recent build is an Aorus MB and I’ve been happy with it since this summer. Unfortunately, I do 3D work and my builds are highly customized so Macs are not the best software match (unless I really wanted to run Bootcamp and pay a massive Apple premium.)

2 Likes

Ok, I was able to track this down in MY case to not following instructions. :slight_smile:

The Custom Driver works for ME and the very top line was my area of failure. :slight_smile:

Attribute Class Name (Letters and Numbers Only)

My first attempt, where I was able to duplicate your selection list of Zero was due to me entering "Luxuriant Illumination" as the class name.. spaces are NOT allowed and thus the selection result is empty. I deleted it and created it only as "Luxuriant" and I had lots of devices to choose from, including Luxuriant.

Is it possible you have a space or underscore or dash?

Question. Do you have a weather device driver or would I use the custom driver for it?

@srwhite or @csteele What does this error point towards?

It means that the hub is trying to process and event for a device that it does not have any record of. That generally should not happen unless the mirrored HubConnect device was deleted outside of HubConnect.

It’s not a critical issue unless of course you expect that device to exist.

1 Like

Gracias. I had a space indeed.

1 Like

Anyone here using LIFX bulbs? So far I'm unable to share them. I suspect it may not be as cut and dry as other devices, due to them relying on an app. @rob - is this a cucumber or a pickle?

Which driver are you trying to use in HubConnect and which bulb do you have? I have no trouble sharing my Hue bulbs which uses the same attributes when looking at the LIFX bulb drivers.

Ah, it's working with the RGBW driver. Thanks. I'll see how they perform remotely, with the hopes of being able to take the LIFX app off the remote hub.

1 Like

Unless there are some special commands available only to the LIFX bulbs they should work just fine with then RGBW driver.

I’ve only tested it with Hue and Sylvania but see no reason why they shouldn’t work.

Yes, they do work. Rob has some additional parameters in his drivers but they work otherwise.

1 Like

HubConnect 1.6.3 has been released!

This is the Christmas Release and it is all about the gift of music and brightening the holidays...

This release includes the device report grid (experimental) and two new drivers! To reduce the possibility of introducing bugs over the Christmas holiday, no other features, changes, or bugfixes have been included in this release.

What's New?

• Hub device report (experimental, server only) displays a grid of all of your connected hubs indiciating where your devices are coming from and being virtualized to... It even has a Christmas-sy feel with bright red and green colors to celebrate the holidays.

What's Changed?

No changes.

What's Fixed?

No bugfixes in this release.

New Drivers (Hubitat):

• HubConnect Speaker - A virtual driver that is the perfect gift for owners of Sonos and other LAN connected speakers.

• HubConnect Bulb - A bulb driver that supports using changeLevel attribute & commands. Brighten up your Christmas with a festive startLevelChange()! :smiley:

Upgrading to this release is easy... Import the code, starting with the Remote Clients first, then the Server Instance, and lastly the Server. Go into the server app and press [Done] when prompoted to upgrade.

That's it!

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah!!

9 Likes

No idea why that should be, I've not tried HubConnect. I do have HubLink installed but not really done anything with it.

@srwhite I get the following error on the grid after the update.
Merry Christmas.

An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.

Error: No signature of method: user_app_shackrat_HubConnect_Server_for_Hubitat_97.httpGetWithReturn() is applicable for argument types: (org.codehaus.groovy.runtime.GStringImpl) values: [http://192.168.69.51:8080/device/listJson?capability=capability.*]

3 Likes

That's what I get for working on this from on the go.. Sorry about that. I've pushed the file with all of the correct code now. :wink:

5 Likes

No need to apologize, I wasn't expecting a reply until after the holidays.

But, that did it. I like the grid. I tested all of the stuff for the wife. So far it's working great.

I appreciate all that you do. Because I sure couldn't do it.:crazy_face:

1 Like