[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (even SmartThings!)

community_app

That fixed it, thanks.

I had only the first 3 status' on the device page for HubConnect. I pressed "on" and then the the bottom 2 appeared, and now the motion sensor are working.

Ok, multiple instances of not sending... yea, you have something very basic 'missing.'

41%20AM

The yellow was missing in the device page, for some reason. After pressing "on", they appeared.,

That happened to me once or twice before when I was developing the homebridge integration. You will never have to press that again....

"hidden feature" :smiley:

@csteele and @bertabcd1234

I am thinking that the group doesn't send back the necessary attributes so it hangs in limbo.

I was composing a message in my head earlier today.. "is there an open question that I've lost track of?"

Thanks for reminding me.. I installed Groups and Scenes on my Dev Hub and compared Capabilities, Attributes and Commands and thought they were well aligned to Hubitat's Virtual RGBW Light driver. The error @bertabcd1234 pasted indicates "setColor" may not be accepting the values as given.

@csteele just too much to keep track of!

My issue doesn't necessarily have to do with color. I have a set of white dimmable bulbs and a set of color bulbs too. Both experience the same issue with Alexa. I'll try and pull the logs for you but my specific issue is that Alexa comes back with the Device is not responding message when i ask for the lights to be turned on or off.

If the lights are OFF in the group and I ask for Alexa to turn them on it turns the lights on then waits and responds that the device is not responding.

If I then ask Alexa to turn the lights off the lights turn off and I get a response that it worked.

Now if the lights are ON in the group and I ask for Alexa to turn them off it turns the lights off then waits and responds that the device is not responding.

If I then ask Alexa to turn the lights on the lights turn on and I get a response that it worked.

So a sendevent that Alexa is expecting is not being set

I tried this again hoping to find some logs that help and didn't try Alexa because @bertabcd1234 suggested it wasn't... but I wasn't able to duplicate it.

I installed Groups and Scenes on the same Hub as a Real Hank bulb (RGBW) and then created a group ("testAgroup") and a virtual device was created with that name.

06%20PM

I then added that to HubConnect. On the server hub, where I have Alexa (but didn't use) the HubConnect device appears and seems to work fine. Changes made to the HubConnect RGBW device show on the real Hank Bulb.

I'll have to give alexa a try.