[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (no longer SmartThings!)

So looking at your earlier server screencap "ZeeRadioLower" - you have "Connect local devices to Client Hub" - I am still not getting this even after cleaning everything off completely. Also not getting the title displayed "ZeeRadioLower Online" either..

I believe those are two symptoms of the same thing. No connectivity, no options :smiley:

I'm having the same problem, even after reinstalling all the apps (and the remote driver) and trying to set up everything again. I don't understand the code well enough to know how clientURL is supposed to get set, but that appears to be the problem here since it's null and thus hiding this aspect of the UI (see line 675 of the server-instance app). My screenshot looks exactly like yours.

No errors in the logs that I can see, even with debug logging turned on. In fact, the server repeatedly logs being able to ping the client. If I should see the same in the remote client, I don't, but the green "Connected" text is there in the UI.

(EDIT: So probably the same situation for me as in the post below now.)

Yeah but now my hub on both server and client say online, and the remote hub name shows up in the list where it did not before and I am getting no errors in the logs..

I hate to say this but in the section around line 675 try changing "clientURI" to "clientIP".... all instances under dynamicpage - just for testing of course.

You're a bit safer then me. I changed it to if (true) to test if that would really do what I thought. (Never actually tried to use it that way to see if it worked, but the UI appeared.)

clientURL is the assembly of the IP + api + token.

I wouldn't mess around too much with that :smiley:

Well maybe not "safer" - I replaced every instance in dynamicPage() with clientIP and like yours it showed up properly. Will do some more testing but everything seems to be working... with variables like clientURI & clientIP I assumed I could get away with it.

OK, so my clientURL is null, or at least I don't see it in the app's "gear" page and a log.debug for it gives me blank output. Do I have some sort of connectivity problem if that never gets set, or did a last-minute refactor or similar take out something that would have set it? Thanks for your help so far!

I'm looking at that now.. :slight_smile:

clientURI is set for me. clientURL is not.

1 Like

Right thats what I meant.... :crazy_face:

ClientURL - NOT set for me either

they are for the two directions, I believe.

I've just copied the code in again from the repo.. just to be SURE, sure, that I'm on the same code...

Then I clicked on Server (App) and through to one of the hubs and then Done'd out.. Logs show:

HubConnect Server Instance Updated with settings: [enableDebug:true, pushModes:false, clientName:ZeeRadioUpper, clientURL:http://192.168.7.68/apps/api/837/?access_token=5xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx7, clientIP:192.168.7.68, remoteType:local]

Looking at the data I could set it to what you said should be in dynamicPage as a temp workaround.

I removed the instance and added it back in - here are my logs:

HubConnect Server Instance Updated with settings: [enableDebug:true, clientName:Main Floor Hub, clientIP:10.10.3.90, remoteType:local]

Mine just shows:

HubConnect Server Instance Updated with settings: [enableDebug:true, clientName:HubConnect-C5, clientIP:10.1.1.9, remoteType:local]

So...guess @ertrek and I once again have the same problem. :slight_smile: clientURL is nowhere to be found here.

My controller hub is a C5 if that makes any difference.

My controller is a C3 and my client is a C5, but I got the same behavior with my C4 client I haven't bothered to test again. (Yes, I apparently decided I needed every hub. :laughing: )

1 Like

It's something to do with the Key.. The Server isn't going to know the App ID# (837 in my case) of the remote hub. That is sent when they converse. The fact that my Server knows the Remote's App # is simply proof that they converse. :slight_smile:

Again, the symptoms are continuing to make me think it's connectivity.

I have a C3 and a pair of C4s

15%20AM

Your Server has one Child, and if you go into that child and click the Connect to Client Hub button, yours matches mine in intent (not the specific letters and numbers, obviously :slight_smile: ) ?

Yes that's what mine looks like.