[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (no longer SmartThings!)

All, I just released a new version of the homebridge-hubitat-hubconnect plugin, no major changes. Here is what is new v0.2.8:

• fixed tile status for fans that report a level of 100 even though they are off (Hampton Bay Fan Controllers are known for that)
  • show an warning symbol if a garage door has an unknown status

Hi all, Im new to Hubitat from smartthings, firstly many thanks in advance to all the devs and helpfull users here, so I'm having a hard time configuring the smartthing smart app to handshake with the Hubitat remote app, I've migrated all my devices to Hubitat but will like to have the devices appear back in smartthings so i can use my harmony remote home control buttons and also the smartthings classic app for the missis until i can create a dashboard!

@srwhite or @csteele Any ideas on what is causing the coordinator hub to be all jacked up? On top of this issue >>> Mode Manager stuck on Evening

Now the coordinator logs are logging all the events from the remote hub?

This is with the toggles turned off on the both hubs.

With those toggles off I'm able to manually put the remote hub "mode" back to day and it will stay, however on the coordinator even with the toggles off it remains on Evening even after manually setting it to Day?

HubConnect logging has no automatic OFF (or on) -- each instance has it's own toggle for logging. There is also a server button to enable of disable all, in HubConnect Utilities:

04%20AM

I clicked disable on my 'coordinator' and saw:

app:1 2019-06-27 08:29:00.517 am debug Disabling debug logging on ZeeSmart Online
app:1 2019-06-27 08:29:00.511 am debug Disabling debug logging on ZeeRadioUpper Online
app:1 2019-06-27 08:29:00.503 am debug Disabling debug logging on ZeeRadioLower Online
app:1 2019-06-27 08:29:00.493 am debug Disabling debug logging on ZeeHomebridge Online
1 Like

ahhhhhhhh.. too quiet in the logs!

app:1 2019-06-27 08:37:45.775 am debug Enabling debug logging on ZeeSmart Online
app:1 2019-06-27 08:37:45.769 am debug Enabling debug logging on ZeeRadioUpper Online
app:1 2019-06-27 08:37:45.765 am debug Enabling debug logging on ZeeRadioLower Online
app:1 2019-06-27 08:37:45.760 am debug Enabling debug logging on ZeeHomebridge Online

log humor, right?? :smiley:

I have no idea what is going on.....I have the other issue going on, but for some reason those logs just started appearing on the coordinator......now they have stopped and I haven't changed any settings....

We shall see after I get this mode issue figured out on the coordinator if there's still an issue.

where did you get that driver from ? as i dont see it in the driver drop down menu

Dont worry ive found it

1 Like

@csteele
I am actually playing with custom drivers right now. And it doesn't work for me either. Here is what I see:

1. I can successfully define a custom driver on my coordinator
  2. The custom driver shows up on the remote clients
  3. The driver does not offer to select any devices

Some more detail though: Looking at the apps settings, I can see that there is a random string added to the selector in the custom driver:

The custom driver I added had a main attribute of battery with the custom attribute "angle".

From what I can see, this random string in the selector would prevent the remote client app to actually find a device.

any ideas on why mine isn’t saving or what I might do to get this working?

Any ideas why I can't add the HubConnect thermostat to Google home?
This is the server log, the physical device it's in another hub.

Thanks

@srwhite, @csteele

Would it be possible to add capability "ReleasableButton" to the button driver and app code?
Using a Philips dimmer here and Released wasn't present, it is now (I added it) but would be great to have it as standard. :+1:

Cheers
Roy

I don't understand....

43%20AM

I see "releasable button" in the universal driver.

I have an Aeon WallMote using the built in driver that exposes:
42%20AM

Looking at Wallmote on my server (using HubConnect Button universal driver) I see:

07%20AM

Very odd, as I'm using the latest, yet mine didnt handle Released,

Component Type Platform Installed Latest
HubConnect Server for Hubitat app Hubitat 1.4.0 1.4.0
HubConnect Server Instance app Hubitat 1.4.2 1.4.2
HubConnect Button driver Universal 1.2.1 1.2.1
HubConnect Contact Sensor driver Universal 1.2.1 1.2.1
HubConnect Dimmer driver Universal 1.2.1 1.2.1

Possibly updated and I didn't update at the start?

Both drivers have "ReleasableButton" as Capabilities and both have "released" as Attributes.

1 Like

Ah well then please do ignore :smiley:

I am an Expert at ignoring.

However....

What did you add to get it to work?

It wasn't working, you invested some time and effort to get it working.. but I can't see what to do. :slight_smile:

Not needed, but added the Command. The "Released" to the attributes in the Instance and Remote Clients.

"button":			[driver: "Button", selector: "genericButtons", attr: ["numberOfButtons", "pushed", "held", "doubleTapped", "button", "temperature", "battery", "released"]],

Sorry forgot. Also updated the Released to be release, rather than released,
parent.sendDeviceEvent(device.deviceNetworkId, "release", [btn])

/*
released

Releases button #<btn>.

*/
def released(btn)
{
// The server will update released status
parent.sendDeviceEvent(device.deviceNetworkId, "released", [btn])
}

I’m using this to publish a few motion sensors to HomeKit. When I check In HomeKit they are always showing as triggered, but in Hubitat I notice it’s showing as no motion. I’ve tried a couple of them - a Besense ceiling motion, a Bosch Zigbee Motion, and a Monoprice Zwave Motion.

There aren’t any updates for the Homebridge plugin, devices are accurately reporting in Hubitat. Any ideas on what I’m missing?

Do you capture the output of homebridge somehow? Like in a file? That could greatly help trying to track that down

Or differently asked, how do you start homebridge?