[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (no longer SmartThings!)

Here's another thing I noticed if it helps you in any way.

If I use ST Classic app, it allows me fill in the blanks (before I get the error). However, if I use the new ST app, your app shows but does not allow any entries at all.

1 Like

I ran both Link to Hub/HubLink on all my hubs in parallel to HubConnect for many weeks.

1 Like

That's good to know. I was just trying to eliminate a possible conflict.

I'm starting from scratch and hopefully I just missed a small but important step :slight_smile:

1 Like

I've been able to replicate.. Should have a fix shortly.

1 Like

HI all, this issue is fixed. It was caused by some last minute refactoring over the past couple days. You know, when I should have been leaving things well enough alone. :slight_smile:

Both the Hubitat and SmartThings remote clients have been updated. Please re-import that code and retry the connection key.

2 Likes

Slowly getting this setup, I noticed my Iris Keypad v2 wasn't coming up under Keypads and can't figure out how to get it to show. I tried to remove motion sensor off the driver and the app coding but didn't seem to help since it doesn't have a motion sensor on it, any other suggestions to get it to show?

Here's the attributes:

Current States

• alarm : off
  • battery : 100
  • codeLength : 4
  • maxCodes : 20
  • securityKeypad : disarmed
  • tamper : clear
  • temperature : 76.79

State Variables

• armMode : 00
  • entryDelay : 0
  • armingMode : 00
  • sensorTemp : 76.79
  • exitDelay : 0
1 Like

I figured it out, line 1026, changed to capability.securityKeypad

input "genericKeypads", "capability.securityKeypad", title: "Keypads (motion, temperature, tamper, alarm):", required: false, multiple: true, defaultValue: null

Could use Alarm too but securityKeypad is probably better.

2 Likes

That wasn’t working for my keypads in 2.0.6. I’ll have a look to see if it’s working consistently on mine and add to the next release.

1 Like

Testing server in my 3rd hub and 2nd hub dedicated to Xiaomi and Tradfri as remote, tomorrow will play with 1st hub(my main hub now) and ST hub. Thanks Steve.

2 Likes

WOW.. 4 hubs.

1 Like

Just got this installed and (half) working on two of my hubs! Very neat. One question: I don't see a way to "push" devices from the server hub to the client hub, only the other way around. Looking at the code, this appears to be something I'm supposed to be able to do from the server instance app, but line 675 or so has that protected by an if (clientURL) check, which mine presumably fails because, as far as I can tell in the app settings page, clientURL does not exist. Am I doing something wrong?

1 Like

Within each Server Instance there’s a button for Connect local devices to Client Hub

2 Likes

I'm not finding this option anywhere, do you have a way to get a screenshot?

I can't figure out how to get the mode to update from the server to the clients either, is the mode supposed to be sent too?

1 Like

There should be, but I meant there's not. Unless I change line 675 to if (true) instead of if (clientURL), I don't see it. (Yes, I know this is dangerous on a dynamic page. I just wanted to test and see. :slight_smile: ). I don't see it since clientURL does not exist in my instance as far as i can tell. Was this name maybe changed and those of you who have been running it for a while still have it hanging around in your instance?

This is also where the mode sync options live, so I think @bfara83 above is having the same problem.

1 Like

I am getting the same behavior I think.. on the remotes it says they are connected..

1 Like

Yes, that is what I see, too. My remote clients also say they are connected.

1 Like

Clients should be Online:

1 Like

That's cool - I must have done something odd in the setup..

1 Like

No Online Client is what is suppressing the Option to pick devices to send to the client. Nothing to Sync with either, so that Mode option is suppressed :smiley:

Live logs will have:

app:42 2019-03-22 07:20:31.084 am trace Received ping from ZeeRadioLower.
app:41 2019-03-22 07:20:31.048 am trace Received ping from ZeeRadioUpper.

On a Client, under Connect to Server, you should see Connected:

46%20AM

1 Like

"Main Hub" is one of my client hubs..

1 Like