[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (no longer SmartThings!)

Looks really great, @srwhite ! I'm looking forward to the simplification of my ST<->HE integration. I don't see any mention of modes. Will HubConnect sync HE and ST modes?

1 Like

Yup, I use it in a few apps.

1 Like

It does. I guess I missed that in the feature list. Modes are pushed outward from the server hub to the remotes. This includes SmartThings too.

4 Likes

I may hold the release for another day or two in light of the fact that my stickless coordinator hub also locked up. I want to be sure that HubConnect is not going to exacerbate the issue before the HE team can identify the fix.

Also, since @csteele was kind enough to create a Thermostat driver stub, I'll include that capability in the first public release... Just for you. :smirk:

3 Likes

Aww. You're the bestest. :slight_smile:

No worries on timing for me (not that you, or anyone else, is scheduling things around me. Lol). I have to go to London tomorrow for a quick work trip so won't have time until next weekend.

1 Like

Bring a coat, wet and cold here :+1:

2 Likes

Even worse, I have to run over to Wales, too, Wednesday... And it seems that it is ALWAYS wet there. :smile:

2 Likes

You should be OK as they have just won the Rugby Grand Slam so they will still all be too drunk to even notice you. :wink:

5 Likes

Hi all...

Quick update here.. I just pushed out what I hope to be a final update to my beta testers. This one will have bi-directional Thermostat support based on standard thermostat attributes and commands.

I plan to let this soak for a day or two and will release it if nothing significant comes up.

10 Likes

I'm not a beta tester here too. Xiaomi blessings..... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I hope to see this soon.

1 Like

I've tested it and it's perfect... Ok that's how it went in my head, I'm not a beta tester :crazy_face:. I'm switching from ST and this will make it so much easier. Thanks for the work, can't wait to use it.

1 Like

It is just about ready to be released. We can thank the Hubitat team for distracting me with eye candy in the form of the new Dashboards. :slight_smile:

Seriously, found a minor issue last night to be fixed, otherwise I'm putting the finishing touches on an installation guide. I hope to get this released before tonight.

9 Likes

No pressure. You still have 7 hours left. :grin:

4 Likes

Documentation? What a concept!

2 Likes

It's three pages long too.

A tree consumer for sure. :smiley:

1 Like

This might get released today if @csteele stops pointing out my mistakes in the installation instructions. :exploding_head:

1 Like

shouldn't have told me you HATE technical writing :grimacing: Only one guy that hates it more... ME

1 Like

Ok, I think it's good to go now.

Anything people find now is my fault for not catching... C I'm Steele'ing myself. :smiley:

1 Like

Great. We're doomed.

1 Like

It is released!

7 Likes