[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (no longer SmartThings!)

You would need a custom driver to add it. I made a bunch for my Ring devices and other devices where the drivers built in was missing attributes and commands that I wanted. Nice thing is custom drivers aren't too difficult at all to create on Hubconnect, I could create one for you if needed. Do you have version 2 or 1.6?

oh thanks cool, maybe I can do that for my Aeotec HEM too. I only get power not power1 power2 current curretn1, etc.

1.6 I'm pretty sure. If you could post a sample or screen shot I'm sure I could copy it.

Below is a link to the custom driver, I hope Steve doesn't care if we post custom drivers though (I can take down if so)?:

Instructions on 2.0, not sure if 1.6 is different since I haven't used 1.6 in such a long time but I think it's pretty much the same or will vary a tiny bit:

1. Add this custom driver to your Hub you want this driver to be on, usually on server hub unless this device is on the hub that is your server.
  2. Go to the hub that HubConnect Server is on and open the HubConnect app.
  3. Go to Manage Custom Drivers
  4. Go to Add Driver
  5. On "Attribute Class Name (letters & numbers only):" section, fill in: ringrangeextender
  6. On "Device Driver Name" section, fill in HubConnect Ring Range Extender
  7. Attribute 1 that is a dropdown menu, pick "battery"
  8. Click Add Input to add another attribute and input: acStatus
  9. Click Add Input to add another attribute and input: batteryStatus

Screenshot of what it'll look like on 2.0 version but 1.6 should look similar:

1. Click Save Driver and driver should be saved now.
  2. Click Next to exit Custom Drivers Then Done to exit the HubConnect Server app.
  3. On the hub where this device physically connects to, goto HubConnect App on that hub now.
  4. Click on "Connect local devices to Remote Hub or Server Hub" depends if this hub is remote or server to add this device to HubConnect.
  5. Click on Custom Drivers.
  6. Find HubConnect Ring Range Extender on this list and click on it.
  7. Add your Ring Range Extender to this option then click Done.
  8. Click Next then Done to close out and this device should now be added to your Server.

These instructions can help anyone that isn't sure how to do custom drivers, I have 15 custom drivers on my HubConnect right now and I made all of them besides Echo Speaks driver that someone else made on the Echo Speaks post. The Attributes, you would add all of them that is like mentioned above on steps 7 to 9 in the driver, Echo Speaks has 37 attributes for example I have on the custom driver but I think Version 2.0 of HubConnect added option for more attributes that 1.6 would allow for.

1 Like

I thought you were asking about the Ring Extender version. My bad. I have HC 2.0 so this should work thanks!!! I will work on this today and let you know if I have trouble.

So I finished my ST to HE migration, the only Things on ST are my Echos, and the only SmartApps are Echo Speaks, HubConnect, and (an Empty) WebCore.

I have automations on HE using Echo Speaks to talk, working great. Is there documentation to follow to remove my physical ST hub? Can I just power it off? I wasn't sure if there was a migration to continue to use the ST portal, and my setup without the physical hub.

Thanks

@bfara83 got the Ring RE to work after following your instructions, thank you.

In trying to get my Aeotec HEM to work I installed the driver for it on the hub (not an HC driver I did not find one), and wrote the custom driver below. when I select the device on the remote hub and save. I get the following error and no device is created. I think it is due to no custom driver for the device. any thoughts?

Are you able to post the driver you wrote so I can see what is causing the error? It maybe missing something on one of the attributes like the "number" or "string" on the end in the driver.

I am using the driver post here. But I think that is the issue I have no clue how to begin the process of making my own.

How you are setting up the Custom Driver looks fine on your screenshot, see if this driver works for you:

same, error.

Do I need delete and rebuild it inside HC now that your driver is installed? tried, same error.

@csteele @srwhite

I'm getting the same error on HC 2.0 but can't figure out what would be causing it using the same device and driver I created above.

Do you know what is causing error on this one, line 577 on HubConnect Remote App has this:

Using the default HubConnect Power Meter driver works fine with this same driver/device.

1 Like

my error is on line 418 above if that matters.

I'm having an HSM syncing problem between my hubitat hub and homebridge that I was hoping someone could help me with. I feel like I'm missing a key step somewhere.

I'm able to push HSM changes from hubitat and that will sync with homebridge. But it doesn't seem to work the other way around. When switching modes in the Home app, it just gets stuck "Arming".

I also wanted to add that I have turned on this field in the hubconnect app settings:
Synchronize HSM status from this remote (client) hub to the Server hub.
Receive HSM changes from Remote Hub?

And the homebridge-hubitat-hubconnect config hsm setting is set to true: "hsm": true,

Thank you!

Which version of HubConenct, please? v1.6.4 or v2.0RC1?

Iā€™m using 2.0rc1. It seems like everything works except for the HSM.

Can you try an experiment for me, please? It's a one word change...

Server Instance Code, approx line 724:

String hsmState = (localConnectionType == "socket") ? params.value : (params?.name ? URLDecoder.decode(params?.name) : "")

Please change the word "value" to be "name"

String hsmState = (localConnectionType == "socket") ? params.name : (params?.name ? URLDecoder.decode(params?.name) : "")

2 Likes

Quick HC question. If I change the name of a device connected to a remote hub is it possible to push that new name to the master hub or do I have to manually rename each?

Yes, manual. :slight_smile:

There's no requirement that it match from a 'computer' viewpoint. We humans would prefer they match. True.

EDIT: I thought that you could do this, but if @csteele says you can't - you probably can't...

Original text:
After you change the name, go through the same process you would to add a device, but just don't add anything. (I think you'll have to click on "done" up to the point where you are back to the Hubitat Apps screen.) I remember seeing this question in this thread before, it should be as easy to find as a needle in a hay stack at this point... :wink:

Ah thank you! That worked. HSM states change instantly from Home app now.

3 Likes