[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (no longer SmartThings!)

I looked it up on Amazon and found:

Purchased 1 time.
You last purchased this item on March 23, 2016.

I never got it to work back then, but haven't any need of it, since I'm using Pico's or WallMotes since.

It should just be a button device, much like a WallMote, which I know works across HubConnect.

Which 'real' driver are you using for this on your Remote Hub? And what HubConnect driver for your Server Hub?

On the remote hub I am using the Enerwave ZWN-SC7 7-Button Scene Controller 0.70 by Adam Kempenich and the HubConnect Button driver on the server.

The device driver works fine, but the button driver for HubConnect doesn't communicate over the bridge. I'm sure a custom button driver is needed, but so far not i'm not having much luck creating one.

Again, I don't have one (powered/installed) but I do have a couple of WallMotes.

app:748 2020-04-24 10:41:27.157 am info Received event from ZeeRadioFront/Aeon WallMote: [released, 3 null]
app:748 2020-04-24 10:41:24.667 am info Received event from ZeeRadioFront/Aeon WallMote: [held, 3 null]
app:748 2020-04-24 10:41:24.623 am info Received event from ZeeRadioFront/Aeon WallMote: [held, 3 null]
app:748 2020-04-24 10:40:04.406 am info Received event from ZeeRadioFront/Aeon WallMote: [pushed, 3 null]

The logs above are on my Server via HubConnect Button driver.

I created all the modes in SmartThings and enabled "Send mode changes to remote hub", but it is not working. Changes are not getting sent at all.

I have turned on logging on both sides and see nothing happening about modes.

Running HC 2.0 btw.

6f9fef94-4840-43f5-b90c-4a5c8c38d9b2 5:55:05 PM: debug Received mode event from server: Day
6f9fef94-4840-43f5-b90c-4a5c8c38d9b2 5:54:59 PM: debug Received mode event from server: Away
 5:54:51 PM: info Waiting on events...
 5:54:51 PM: info For past logs for individual things go to the My Devices section, find the device and click on the Events link on the device information page.
 5:54:51 PM: info This console provides live logging of your SmartThings.

Those are SmartThings logs...

Which is of course a Remote Client hub.

This is how the Server Instance is config'd on my system...

so i see this in the HE logs

Sending mode change event to SmartThings: Home - Night

But nothing happens on the ST side. Nothing in the ST logs around the time the mode change happened, which was at 9pm.

EDIT

ST Logs show this:

9:00:02 PM: error java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method sendEvent() on null object @line 373 (remoteModeChange)

I'm wondering if there's a Spelling or Case difference in the modes on each hub.

I did a copy and paste from HE right into ST.

Help with connecting a hubless ST environment.

I moved to HE about 3 weeks ago and sold my ST hub. Still have a few cloud devices on ST that do not seem to have a workable HE driver\solution so this seems to fit the bill.

Most of the docs seem to address version 1.6.X where the connection to ST is easy through the IP address of the ST hub and the ST SmartApp. But in a hubless environment using RC1 I do not see any connection method, which must require my ST cloud identity. I'm also unclear if the proxy server is required or just offloading for performance reasons.

This is what I have installed (perhaps more than I need)
Drivers
HubConnect Remote Hub

Apps
HubConnect Remote Client
HubConnect Server for Hubitat
Hubitat Server Instance

ST Apps
HubConnect Remote Client

Don't need a lot of detail, just a pointer for the RC1 and hubless ST scenario.

Thanks.

Everything you need is right here: https://hubconnect.to Check out the knowledge base.
Also here: https://hubconnect.hubitatcommunity.com/

5 Likes

Can anyone help me with this error code that I am getting? I can send any other screen shot if you need. Thanks.

What's going on when this occurs?? Is this from Thermostat Scheduler?

Or are you pushing buttons on the face of your physical Thermostat?

I ask because when I click:

Screen Shot 2020-04-25 at 7.15.47 PM

on the Device Info page for my Honeywell Thermostat, my logs show:

app:1 2020-04-25 07:13:23.882 pm info  Received websocket event from server/Honeywell Thermostat: [thermostatMode, cool null]
app:1 2020-04-25 07:13:05.865 pm debug Requesting device sync from server: Honeywell Thermostat
app:1 2020-04-25 07:11:32.348 pm info  Received websocket event from server/Honeywell Thermostat: [thermostatMode, off null]
app:1 2020-04-25 07:07:58.526 pm info  Received websocket event from server/Honeywell Thermostat: [thermostatMode, auto null]

So far, I'm unable to duplicate.

I have an Ecobee 3 thermostat and I don't manually touch it at all. Everything is automated. When I click on the red error code, it takes me to this screenshot but I have no idea what am suppose to do or fix from here.

refreshLRM is is "last Running Mode" which, as far as I know, is used for Google Home compatibility.

Is that a factor in your situation?

No I use Amazon Echo's. I don't have a Google Home.

@csteele

Mode changes in HC2 are not working. I just create a new "test1" mode in HE and the same on the ST hub. I then changed the mode in HE manual to test1. HE logs show "Sending mode change event to SmartThings: test1" and ST logs show " java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method sendEvent() on null object @line 373 (remoteModeChange)"

My tests between Hubitat seems OK...

I have 4 Hubitat Hubs and on Server I created a new Mode called "test1". Did the same on Hub#4, and did NOT create it on either of the others. Got exactly what was expected: the hub with all the modes worked, The Hubs without the test1 mode threw an error when switching to test1.

app: 2020-04-26 11:31:16.600 am debug Received mode event from null: test1
app: 2020-04-26 11:30:57.540 am debug Received mode event from null: Day
app: 2020-04-26 11:30:19.877 am debug Received mode event from null: test1

And on the hub(s) without test1:

app:1450 2020-04-26 11:31:10.817 am error Received mode event from null: test1 does not exist!
app:1450 2020-04-26 11:30:51.774 am debug Received mode event from null: Day

For ST, again, I created "test1" and then changed modes on HubConnect Server to test1. ST logs show:

6f9fef94-4840-43f5-b90c-4a5c8c38d9b2 11:39:13 AM: debug Received mode event from server: Day
6f9fef94-4840-43f5-b90c-4a5c8c38d9b2 11:38:54 AM: debug Received mode event from server: test1
6f9fef94-4840-43f5-b90c-4a5c8c38d9b2 11:38:44 AM: warn Not changing mode to Day because location Home is already in that mode
6f9fef94-4840-43f5-b90c-4a5c8c38d9b2 11:38:43 AM: debug Received mode event from server: Day

So.. for me, I'm unable to duplicate in the way I use it. On the other hand despite having mode passed between all the hubs and Mode Manager running, I never actually use Mode. The only reason I have Mode 'built' is to support questions like this re: HubConnect.

I'm using 2.0 to connect to HOOBS. For some reason that I can't figure out, since updating, HomeKit doesn't show the correct instances of switches anymore unless I reboot HOOBS. I've uninstalled every other plugin in HOOBS. I can't seem to figure out the issue. I only notice the problem if I use the Home app do to anything. Siri has yet to tell me she can't do something. Any suggestions?

What about the "resumeSchedule" function for Thermostats? I have my Honeywell Prestige (linked as Honeywell 9000 Wifi on SmartThings) and can't run another thermostat be cause of how many wires are needed (to control humidity, additional heating/cooling options, etc) - I'd have to run a new wire. I see that the SmartThings app has the resume schedule function, but no idea how I'd call that via HubConnect virtual Thermostat.

NOTE: As a workaround, I can use your Honeywell TCC app on Hubitat to resume schedule, however I've been unable to adjust the temps via this app.

"resumeSchedule" isn't a feature of any Capability. It's a command added over and above the Capabilities.

You would need to create a Custom Driver in HubConnect to send that command to ST.