[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (no longer SmartThings!)

Did you go into the HubConnect Remote Client on SmartThings and share it to your Server Hub? Does the device show up in the device list on your Hubitat server hub? I'm assuming you're using the HubConnect-Homebridge client on HOOBS? If so, you'll need to re-share the Garage Door controller from your server hub to your Homebridge client.

Where is the HubConnect Remote Hub driver? I'm not seeing it on the 2.0 download page.

It's in the "Hubitat Drivers" category.

1 Like

Thanks. I got it. Don't know why I didn't think to look there.

1 Like

Nothing is on Smartthings anymore. I integrated it into HOOBS. Just want it to show up on my Hubitat dash.

You can read in the Homebridge threads that Apple doesn't distribute devices 'outward'.

You have to virtualize it by creating virtual devices in Hubitat and sharing them into Homebridge. Then in Apple's Home app, create automations to 'copy states'.

In other words, for a GDO, you'd send a Virtual Switch to Homebridge and then couple the switch changes into the corresponding switch of MyQ.

1 Like

Dang it that’s right. I forgot I created virtual switches for each person in my home so I could make those show up on Hubitat and track how well HomeKit was working. I’ll just do the same with the garage door.

1 Like

Hi @srwhite
I've just updated and things went well.
One thing I have noticed is on my Remote HE hub I have a driver called "HubConnect GVOmniSensor".
I cannot see an updated driver for this. Has the name changed to something else?
Thanks.

1 Like

Yes, it got renamed, and is Hubitat ONLY, therefore in the Hubitat Drivers folder.

2 Likes

@rich.princeau , I can’t believe you haven’t commented on this release. I hope you’re doing okay.

1 Like

I need to apologise. I was actually using the wrong driver and didn't actually need this one.
Things do seem to be running a bit slow since the update.
I've just rebooted both hubs and will see how things are performing.

EDIT: Backed up after the update and did a reboot of both hubs.
Things were definitely slower pre-reboot but the reboot of both hubs seems to have done the trick.

1 Like

2.0 RC1 installed without issue. Things are running normally. Thanks to @srwhite and @csteele for their tireless efforts on this.

5 Likes

Oh yeah, saw it this morning. got busy with some family things (covertly as we are "Locke down" here)
Will start the upgrade this evening.
Thanks for the concern. For now my OCD will be satisfied.

1 Like

I know what you mean. When I saw it, I installed it. I keep opening my rules and thinking 'I must be able to make these slicker '. :grinning:

2 Likes

I took the plunge and installed Hub connect V2.0. The install process is quite seamless, and the videos are quite good!

Tonight, I found that my HSM remained at day. I also saw the following error in my logs. This is new since the install of HubConnect. I did enable synching from the device showing the error to the server.

Has anyone else seen this?

[app:962] 2020-03-22 20:22:45.338 [error] Ignoring HSM change event... HSM changes are disabled on this hub

Yes. I have a ticket open on this and Steve is aware of it.

Perfect!

The difference for me is that I do not have HSM and mode changes enabled on my client hubs.

HSM doesn't have a day mode, but I assume you mean your hub/location mode instead. (I'm not sending/receiving HSM state between hubs so can't comment on that.) I also noticed this, and the solution was to go into the client/remote hub and choose "Receive mode changes from remote hub." I haven't used 1.6 in so long that I don't remember if this was also a setting in that version that somehow got un-set in 2.0 or if it's new (there is a setting on the server hub to send the changes, and that was set correctly).

I didn't submit a ticket because I wasn't sure if it was something I did, but glad to see someone did. :slight_smile:

Obviously the documentation has some holes since the work on that has been focused on the upgrade and installation processes, so there's a lot of new things and changes.

One of the changes, is that you have to set HSM and Mode changes in two locations...

If you are using Websockets or the HubConnect server, you have to set these in two places.

Server Instance
If you want mode or HSM changes from remote hubs to be processed on your server hub, you have to enable "receive" for each event type (HSM/mode) on each Server Instance..

Remote Clients
This works the same as the Server, in reverse.. If you want mode or HSM changes from the server hub to be processed on your remote hub, you have to enable "receive" for each event type (HSM/mode) on each Remote Client.

For HTTP connections, in addition to the receive option, you also have to enable the appropriate "send" option on each hub for which you want the events sent from.

i.e.

Send mode changes to the Server Hub?

The configuration is more flexible from what it was in v1, but with flexibility comes a little extra bit of complexity.

1 Like