[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (no longer SmartThings!)

Where can I find the beta?

I just got my HE and am interested in HubConnect, so I figure why start with 1.6 if 2.0 is so close.

1 Like

I know this is really late in the testing process, but is it possible to include a link in the Hubconnect driver to the real device in the other hub?

I cant remember which hub my devices are on, and I'm always going to the wrong hub. Drives me batty.

1 Like

Not exactly what you're looking for; however, the IP address of the Hubitat/ST hub with the real device is indicated in the HubConnect device ....

So at least you can get the correct hub.

2 Likes

As @aaiyar said, on Server's hub, the Device list has the DNI column. And under v2.0 it looks like:

I looked at my v1.6.4 Server and it looks quite similar. It is the same on the Remote side.. if you're like me and have multiple HubConnect Servers running, the Remote's DNI has the IP of Server.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this is the correct place for this. I’m using the thermostat driver to control my NST manager from ST. It has been working for a week or so. However, I’m seeing this error in the logs. An advice would be great.

2020-03-13 10:56:20.301 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_shackrat_HubConnect_Thermostat_354.currentValue() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String) values: [thermostatMode] on line 249 (refreshLRM)

1 Like

I'd suggest changing line 249 of "HubConnect Thermostat"

def tm = device.currentValue("thermostatMode")

(add "device." in front of "current")

2 Likes

I have been trying to install HubConnect for a while now. I tried following the instructions but I think I missed a step or something. First I am trying to sync a Hubitat hub as my server to my Smarthings hub as the client. In the Hubitat Server Instance configuration, when I try to connect to a remote hub, When it asks for the Private LAN IP of the Client Hub, is it asking for the Smarthings LAN IP or the Hubitat server IP? Either way it does not seem to work.

When I go to the Smarthings classic app, I enter the Local LAN IP of the Server (Hubitat) and paste in the connection key that I got from the Hubitat config, I get "Not Connected :: Error: Not Found in the bottom of the Smarthings Classic App. What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

OK I managed to get the Hubitat server hub connected to SmartThings in that now my Smarthings devices show up on the server. How do I get my server devices from HE to show up in SmartThings?

1 Like

Are they on the same network? (Usually the first three numbers of the IP match.. 192.168.2.x, where both devices share the same number except for the x.)

Yes.

The Server wants the IP of the Remote Client and the Remote (ST in your case) wants the IP of the Server. They must be on the same subnet if you are choosing LAN.

1 Like

The same way. In the Server Instance for your ST, select devices. BEFORE clicking the final DONE, make sure you ADD HubConnect drivers to ST for the device types shown.

You will see something like this list on either/both the Server Instance and the Remote Client, detailing which Drivers are needed on the Other hub:

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 9.22.39 AM

If you wish for Human Control of the devices on ST, you will need to use the drivers from the SmartThings folder which have Tiles added.

1 Like

Is there another ST smartapp I should install beyond the HubConnect Remote Client? Where do I find the code? It was not in the instructions so far as I could tell.

1 Like

Did you spend some time with these instructions, and videos??

http://hubconnect.hubitatcommunity.com/

1 Like

I did I promise I did. I think I am close I just am missing a server smartapp on ST that I cannot seem to find

1 Like

You're extrapolating a need. There is no "server" for SmartThings.. it can ONLY be a Remote.

So... what do you think is missing that a "server" might provide? :slight_smile:

Your Hubitat Server would look similar (greater or fewer Instances) to mine:

Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 9.29.56 AM

Clicking on the SmartThings Instance:
Screen Shot 2020-03-14 at 9.30.57 AM

You'd click the "Connect Local Devices..."

1 Like

LIES!

Sorry, I couldn’t help myself. :rofl::joy::rofl:

1 Like

LOL. OK I understand ST has no server. Here is what I have by clicking around the HE.

1 Like

Did you install the remote hub driver on HE? Is your ST hub on the same LAN as HE? You should be able to copy the connection key, switch apps to the ST classic app, paste the connection key and click done all the way out of the ST app. Then switch back to the HE app and see if you have a connection. It still says HubConnect Server Instance, which means setup isn't complete. It should change to whatever you named your ST hub when setup is complete.

@csteele , does that sound right to you? I'm so used to the beta that my memory is a little foggy on 1.6.4. Steve needs to release the new version before camping season starts.

1 Like

OK I simply did not successfully complete the last step of setting up ST to HE. It is working now. Man that process could be improved or docs could be made clearer. Thank you guys for your help!

2 Likes

Steve got the Flu a little more than a week ago, so he's been at Sloth speed. :smiley:

There's one bug uncovered in Beta 6 so I think it's: "very soon now" "won't be long now" "right around the corner"

I had forgotten v1.6.4 and had to revert my Development pair, just so I could remember. :smiley:

2 Likes

Now would be great as we all in San Jose are supposed to stay home because of Corono virus. (I've already watched all the movies on Amazon Prime that I wanted to see)
My OCD is killing me.

2 Likes