[RELEASE] HubConnect - Share Devices across Multiple Hubs (no longer SmartThings!)

It does but can be easily remapped to motion with a custom driver or simply using on/off instead of active/inactive.

I originally used my ST hub to send events to HE but the delay was too much to be used with a lighting automation. The Alexa->HE virtual switches were MUCH faster and more consistent.

1 Like

In Alexa, it exposes the doorbell as a Camera type. For Routines, you have a choice of motion or button press.

But, I get what you are saying about native device types in HE based upon button and/or motion sensor and that makes perfect sense.

2 Likes

@srwhite Sounds pretty interesting. I'll be interested in seeing if a thermostat device type is doable within your architecture. I'm guessing that it might not since you need >8 variables for a thermostat device type.

Cool development, though!!!

1 Like

the 8 limit is for 'custom'. There's no limit for a built-in / native HubConnect driver.

To ALL NEW Readers of this topic...
This topic is 3300 posts long and covers items and issues that may be 2 years old and fixed. Skip Forward to maybe #2800

Skip To here

2 Likes

Bad assumption on my part then. And now that I look closer it seems the smoke/co has 10. Cool. Will look forward to taking a peek at this after released (and I'm back on the same continent as my hubs).

1 Like

I don't own a ZWave Thermostat. but using the Virtual Thermostat as a guide, I found only these 7 attributes:

"temperature", "thermostatFanMode", "thermostatMode", "thermostatOperatingState", "thermostatSetpoint", "coolingSetpoint", "heatingSetpoint"

My 'real' Honeywell WiFi Thermostat also shows the same attributes.

What are the additional >3 you see?

You are right on the properties (although I have at least 1 more than you listed - I miscounted the 1st time). If you include commands (again, I haven't seen the actual app so I don't know what is possible), there are more....

Commands (12):
AUTO, COOL, EM HEAT, FAN AUTO, FAN CIRC, FAN ON, HEAT, OFF, Cooling SP, Heating SP, Fan Mode (enum), Thermostat Mode (enum)

Properties (8):
coolingSetpoint, currentSensorCal (that is specific to my thermostat drivers), heatingSetpoint, temperature, thermostatFanMode, thermostatFanState, thermostatMode, thermostatOperatingState

1 Like

A Virtual Thermostat shows:

Current States
coolingSetpoint : 75.0
heatingSetpoint : 68.0
supportedThermostatFanModes : [auto, circulate, on]
supportedThermostatModes : [auto, cool, emergency heat, heat, off]
temperature : 68.0
thermostatFanMode : auto
thermostatMode : off
thermostatOperatingState : idle
thermostatSetpoint : 68.0

And when I pass that over HubConnect, I get:

Current States

coolingSetpoint : 75.0
heatingSetpoint : 68.0
temperature : 68.0
thermostatFanMode : auto
thermostatMode : off
thermostatOperatingState : idle
thermostatSetpoint : 68.0
1 Like

Yup, those are the 7 states I have. And I have one more custom to my thermostat drivers. So 8 total properties for me.

I miscounted the 1st time, thus my comment on >8.

No point in my speculating any further at this time I guess. I'll see what it can all do when it gets released. Looking forward to it.

1 Like

Do you use currentSensorCal in an automation or Dashboard? If not, then it's absence won't matter :slight_smile:

1 Like

Looks really great, @srwhite ! I'm looking forward to the simplification of my ST<->HE integration. I don't see any mention of modes. Will HubConnect sync HE and ST modes?

1 Like

Yup, I use it in a few apps.

1 Like

It does. I guess I missed that in the feature list. Modes are pushed outward from the server hub to the remotes. This includes SmartThings too.

4 Likes

I may hold the release for another day or two in light of the fact that my stickless coordinator hub also locked up. I want to be sure that HubConnect is not going to exacerbate the issue before the HE team can identify the fix.

Also, since @csteele was kind enough to create a Thermostat driver stub, I'll include that capability in the first public release... Just for you. :smirk:

3 Likes

Aww. You're the bestest. :slight_smile:

No worries on timing for me (not that you, or anyone else, is scheduling things around me. Lol). I have to go to London tomorrow for a quick work trip so won't have time until next weekend.

1 Like

Bring a coat, wet and cold here :+1:

2 Likes

Even worse, I have to run over to Wales, too, Wednesday... And it seems that it is ALWAYS wet there. :smile:

2 Likes

You should be OK as they have just won the Rugby Grand Slam so they will still all be too drunk to even notice you. :wink:

5 Likes

Hi all...

Quick update here.. I just pushed out what I hope to be a final update to my beta testers. This one will have bi-directional Thermostat support based on standard thermostat attributes and commands.

I plan to let this soak for a day or two and will release it if nothing significant comes up.

10 Likes

I'm not a beta tester here too. Xiaomi blessings..... :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I hope to see this soon.

1 Like