[RELEASE] Hub Watchdog - Simple way to monitor if your hub is slowing down or not

First go into each device and fill in the 'Unique Identifier (Virt, Zwav, Zigb or Other) *' field to get rid of those 'null'! :grin:

(sorry, had to do it!)

1 Like

Done! What next? :wink: (Thanks - that was bugging me, but I guess not enough to do anything about it)

1 Like

I did a soft reset. Seems to have resolved the issue for now.

2 Likes

I wonder if systematically selectively disabling devices in the Devices page might reveal the cause? say you suspect z-wave, maybe a device has gone "chatty" and is swamping the z-wave mesh and hub with messages. If you go down the list of devices and disable them one by one, or starting with one and work up to disabling all, see which one gets the hub to be responsive again when it's disabled.

(caveat, im not sure if disabling a "chatty" device with its disable check box would actually prevent it from still sending messages unsolicited to the hub and continue to cause mesh congestion and hub load)

I'm going for the record here. Does anyone have a worse case, without the hub seizing completely?

That is pretty bad by the numbers. It looks mostly OK by the data, but you must have some spikes where it really slows down. Just be sure that isn't the 2 AM reboot as that really screws with the data.

Any chance we could somehow ignore or get rid of the 2 AM outliers?

Probably the easiest way would be to use the "run every 3 hours" schedule, and try to start it so it'd be +/- 1 hour from running at 2am. Or use "run every 1 hour" and kick it off at xx:45 or something? Though it might get thrown off if there are any re-tests...

Why was my post hidden?

@jrfarrar

I flagged it. Would you consider posting it under a new topic in the lounge. And let this thread focus on @bptworld's Hub Watchdog app?

Was just composing a short note to you when you posted ....

1 Like

Please do, I didn't hide either post but please lets not turn this post into what the other became.

Thanks!

Edit: Thanks @aaiyar, you beat me to it!

3 Likes

Already done! New post in support.

3 Likes

Understood...don't want to get this thread closed too!!! Sorry!

This app has been very useful!

1 Like

Anyone have an answer for this? This is pretty important to me as I would like to use this tool as a quick glance of the performance over the last hour or day. As it stands now I would have to manually reset the datapoints every couple days which makes it not usable for this purpose.

There is no problem, the app works fine.

2 Likes

No issue here either. Maybe reinstall?

So just to be clear, when the 60 dataPoints in the HubWatchdog virtual device fill up, your device begins rolling data points over? Because once mine is full, it stops adding new datapoints.

Definitely happens for the three virtual devices that I use.

Hmm, ok interesting. None of mine do it. If there isn't a setting I'm missing, I'll try re-installing and see if that fixes.

Things have been reasonably stable for a while. However, I've seen some strange long delays every so often in the last couple of days.

It's never done it more than three times in a row, and it's always been just under 1,800. I rebooted the hub mid-day today and will continue to monitor. The two big changes I've made recently were the upgrade to 2.1.5.124 and adding the built-in app Mode Manager. Curious if anyone else has seen behavior like this?

Is the 30 minute delay happening at mode changes?