[Release] Holiday Lighting

I'll grab the update shortly. I'll also set up s Fake holiday schedule and test the lock in lock for you. I'll set it up tonight, but the next few days are my crazy days, so it'll be more of that happend to notice. It will probably be thursday or friday beefier i can deep dive it.

For my garage door i have a zooz zen 17 set up with their community app for a virtual device in conjunction with a tilt sensor.

Is that Under Illumination configuration? I dont see my lock as a option under any of those.

I do see both the Garage door as well as the Tilt sensor associated with the garage door listed as options, They must expose them selves as contact sensors as well.

When you install the version from that branch, do you see a selection field to pick a lock? If not, you probably don't have that version. If so but it's empty, I messed something up.

Nope, but I think I pulled it from the main. I thought you had merged it already. let me try it again.

EDIT
Guess that was it. when I went back and grabbed it from the branch it was there.

Heeeyyy that lock trigger works slick!! This is leading me down a whole other rabbit hole!

1 Like

Looks like after I tested it and unlocked the door last night, the lights never went back to holiday display. Seems like the whole thing became stuck in some kind of loop.

Summary

This text will be hidden

Thanks! Not so much looping as failing to schedule changes -- most of that is building the UI pages, so I assume you were interacting with the app. But there was a place where I was returning calculations internal to a method as part of the result breaking a subsequent method call; and I discovered that Java Periods aren't comparable to each other, while Durations are. Both those fixes are on the lock branch now, and I'll cherry-pick them to main momentarily.

No. I was at work . I set it up earlier in the day, and didn't
change anything after I tested the unlock trigger. (I wanna say around 2100) Around 0430 I looked at the logs (remotely) but didnt change anything.

Good Morning. I didn't change anything yesterday or last night (unfortunately its already dropped out of my logs). They turned on and off at apparently the correct times, but only in illumination. My test holiday display didn't activate, no colors were triggered at all. Lights cam on and stayed white all night. Is there an update I should pick up after the 5th?

There are bugfixes (both on the lock branch and main) that should fix the bugs you reported yesterday. There's also another branch where I experimented with adding Modes as an alternative to times.

1 Like

Picked up the update from the lock branch, so far seems to be working perfectly!

1 Like

Every thing seemed to work as expected. Turned on at the correct time. Switched to illumination with the lock triggers, switched back, turned off at the correct time. The test holiday I have set up currently is scheduled to run throught the 12th. I'll let it run it's course. I'll test the garage door triggers tonight, but honestly I don't expect to see any issues.

1 Like

Lock support merged to main, and the PR for HPM integration is pending. (If you wanted to try out Mode support, I'd love extra verification on that, too.)

1 Like

I don't normally use Modes much, but I will set up some test modes later and give it a try.
I noticed last night a slight lag (maybe 5-10seconds) between he lights switching to Illumination when the door was unlocked. I don't know if that is just a mesh issue or something in the app.

1 Like

Getting an error on groovy install....

Requires at least Hubitat version 2.3.2.128; that's the error you get if you're below that version. Install the latest system update, then try again.

Am I missing something here? Do I have to use modes, which I don't. I made a virtual switch thinking I could use that to turn the lights on. Nothing.

No, you can also set specific times.

Are there RGB devices selected on the first page? Are you getting "nothing" for holiday lights, or non-holiday illumination? A switch isn't currently supported for triggering the holiday mode, just the regular illumination; that's not a bad request, though.

If you turn on debug logging, it might clarify what's not working for you.

You need to set a color temperature and brightness to be pushed to the lights when the switch turns on; bottom of your last screenshot. I need to handle that in the code and warn about it, and/or pick some sensible defaults.