[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Here is a request: Instead of more info on a tile, make the tile dynamic.
With a motion detector, you have the ability to display either motion, or temperature (for those devices that support that)

What would be great is if you could change attributes for a tile, to be different if in a different folder
-for the motion tile in my Garage folder, I want to know motion activity
-for that same device in my Temperatures folder, I want to know temp

Would this be possible?

It's already there :grinning:

Tap the tile, tap Edit and then Device Type. You'll see the list of capabilities and just select temp instead of motion and viola!

I thought, though, that the device type propagated through all of the folders.
I want the tile to be different depending on which folder it is in.

Make a copy of the tile change the device type and put it in your folder. You can make as many copies as you like.

I vote for read-only, too.

1 Like

I like this idea the best. Maybe a double-tap to unlock the tile or something similar?

1 Like

Has anyone found a good source for PNG icons that work properly?

I've just started using the app. Would it be possible to allow 2 lines of text at the top of a button? For rooms with long names, it gets cut off.

Also, is there a way to have a fan control button that would provide access to low-medium-high options as well as on/off? On turns the fan on to a default speed or last speed used. Off, turns it off.

Thank you, but unfortunately this does not work for me on iphone. I get haptic feedback but nothing happens. Is this droid only? Thanks

As the topic title says, this is an Android app. No iOS.

The author of this app, @jpage4500, can speak to if its "possible" or not. But you can rename devices in the app, without effecting it on HE. So instead of having "Living Room Coffee Table lamp", you can just have "Coffee Table" Or "LR Coffee Tbl"; you'll be able tell its a light by the icon. Simply long press the device icon, choose Edit, choose "Device Name".

crap i wasn't paying attention thanks

1 Like

Finally got around to buying a tablet to use this on and the resolution is 1280x800 as a result the with the default settings I get about 3.75 rows on the screen. Is there aany way to adjust the height of the icons to be slightly less so that an even number of rows will be displayed?
I tried a few different tile sizes apart from the default one. The device is a Huawei mate pad t10 if it makes a difference

version 1.0.942 (beta)

• support color temperature of lights
  • minor changes to color selector
  • misc fixes
  • I spent some time with color light (RGB) and temperature (CT) support. If the light supports either one you'll see a little icon in the top-right corner now (which can be hidden)
  • Click on it and you'll get the color selector with a new color temp slider
  • It's not obvious, but if you click on the "Color Temperature" label you'll get a dialog with some common color temperature presets
  • Lastly, I changed the color picker a little as well
3 Likes

I've tried to think how to do this before.. the icons are square today so without changing that the only other option is to add space. I like how Finder (Mac file manager) does this in icon view. I think that's the best I could do without making the rows different heights
https://s2.gifyu.com/images/finder-tile-sizes.gif

Google Images is my go-to place to look for images. Click on Tools and for color select "transparent" (basically only PNG's are transparent)

1 Like

I tried adjusting the spacing but that didn't work.
One thing that I can think that would work is if the size of the icons was adjustable with a pixel size slider, and then being able to specify the gap horizontally and vertically, or even doing the gap automatically.
On my resolution the icons would be spaced closer together top to bottom that they would be left to tight.
If that makes sense.

At the moment the same icon spacing is done horizontally and vertically to the same distance, which is what I think the problem is

yeah, I was thinking about that too - the row spacing doesn't have to be the same as the column spacing. I can have 2 sliders - 1 for vertical space and 1 for horizontal space.. it wouldn't be the more user-friendly but seems doable. Ultimately, I'd love to implement what Finder does though with 1 slider that adjusts the spacing until there's enough room for another icon

btw - forgot to mention this changes is in one of last few beta versions.. a switch with "lamp" in the name will default to a light device type

I've been watching this thread for quite some time now and finally took the plunge now that RTSP support is available. Its really impressive and FAST which is what I am loving about it.

I've installed the version from the play store (1.0.892) and was wondering if a quick fix could be added.

I've got a folder that has 3 devices in it, and to make the layout work correctly on my phone I've added 2 space tiles and that works well.

However, when looking at the folder icon itself, its showing the space tiles on the folder icon instead of the 3 real contac sensor devices I have in there. Is it possible to ignore the space tiles on the folder icon when its displaying the devices in the folder itself?

1 Like