[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Thanks -- just ordered two of those 10' fire tabs.

That isn't occurring for me. In HE the BlinkAPI device only shows:

• Camera-231374
  • Network-148739
  • SyncModule-158084
    So I assume my problem is with the Driver for Blink API and not the Dashboard. I'll probably just disable it until they get live video working.
    Thanks.

Fully Kiosk browser does this and works really well. It would be great if you could incorporate camera movements into your app to add this wake up feature. I really don't want it on all the time so just waking it up as I walk up to it is a big one for me.

I have a Fire Tablet and like you said, I think the lock screen was messing with the schedule settings and it was fighting with it. On that note, I would not recommend someone buying a Fire Tablet to use as a dashboard. I cannot get the Pushover Notification app to work or even the Hubitat app to fully work with it for notifications. Your app besides the scheduling worked great but trying to do other things like notification sounds just won't work for me. I would need to do the hardware method to root it so it is not worth it to me.

I love this app! One silly question: I would like to use it on a Wink Relay Android device, but it runs Android 4.3 and this app requires 4.4 or newer. Would it be possible to get a version that runs on 4.3? Even in limited form? TIA!

Yes, please. And maybe the Garage Door opened and closed?

I would have used it on mine but the touchscreen just stopped working..

Anyway, there's nothing (I believe) in my code which couldn't work on 4.3. But, there was at least 1 library I'm using which had an API19 min version. It may have been okhttp, the networking library I'm using.. I even had to keep it from being updated as newer versions use a later 'minSdkVersion'. I'll add this to my TODO list (checking what it would take to lower the min SDK version) though

Regarding fan support.. I have some of this work done but need some help in what these devices actually look like (JSON). Basically, I'd like to know how the light is represented and how do you turn it on/off separately from the fan.

The easiest way is to send a log from the app (about->support) but another option is to view the MakerAPI app on HE and click on the link below. Then, either DM me either the results or just the fan's details

1 Like

Yes, so far, the Play Store and the beta both cause a Parsing Error early during installation. This app would be perfect for this little screen. I'm happy to test for you as needed. ;-). Thank you!

yes please! I want to handle a fan with and without a light. I do support garage doors but it might be the myQ driver I'm using.

anyway, if you send the JSON for today too I'll support it

I feel like the same thing happened to @John.Herron with his kindle.. if you know how to get a device log it would probably say what is causing the install error

No idea how to get a device log off this Wink Relay... not a friendly device :wink:

Will do!

So just make sure my fans are included in MakerAPI and appear in your dashboard, and then send you a log from your app.

Done!

I'm using a Zooz Z-wave 3 contact relay along with a window sensor on the door; using this with the garage door app code written for it (by @krlaframboise). This works great and it uses the Dashboard's garage door icon for both open and closed. The only thing it doesn't have is an icon for opening / closing, but that doesn't bother me. I've been very happy with this relay, and a $38 it is steal! Works with most garage doors as it just uses the same two contacts that run to an existing manual push to open switch.

Now I just need to think of a use for the other two relay contacts.

OK, I can see screenshots in this thread with Garage Door icons. Why can I not find these Icons? I open the desired tile, select "Change Icon". Search everything I could and can't see any garage doors... Help!

I can add this.. my setup uses IFTTT to get the MyQ garage door status so I don't think I have an 'opening' or 'closing' state. That said, IFTTT isn't very fast and will likely stop working anyway so I will need to figure out a better solution.

with a window sensor on the door

I wasn't sure how well a contact sensor would work.. I've heard people talk about using a tilt sensor though.

I see.. I looked at the JSON and I see 2 devices with 'garage' in the name - a contact sensor and a relay/switch.

For the garage door icons and to have both the open/close state along with controlling the door you'll want to find a garage door driver which has a "GarageDoorControl" attribute. I think this is the one @John.Herron is using from his above post.

I have MyQ openers so I'm using this driver. I need to use IFTTT because the MyQ API doesn't allow querying the state of the door for Hubitat directly; but does for IFTTT

Totally unrelated -- the search on iconsdb.com is terrible! When looking for fan icons I only found 1 looking for "fan" -- this one:

However, when searching google images I came across another fan icon and couldn't believe it was on iconsdb.com too.. how does this image not come up with a "fan" search??

I don't have a MyQ garage door. Just a simple Chamberlain. This makes it a lot easier to automate as it just using two wires to trigger an open or close by with a push button switch or momentary contact relay. With the z-wave Zooz relay garage door drivers the Window sensor works just fine; it integrates the sensor and relay. The driver with HE just assumes it takes so long to open the garage door (I think it is 5 seconds), it doesn't know it is done.

I have a tilt sensor on the door to tell me if it's open or closed. I was hoping to have an appropriate icon. My opener is a Z-wave relay. This has been working and looking well in Hubitat, Smartthings, VeraEdge and Homeseer. This app - I can't find an icon for "garage" to assign to the tilt sensor. No MyQ, no IFTTT. Just can't find Garage icon in the app.