[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

It is! :grin: :+1:

Even better, the screensaver remains off now when motion sensor activity continues through, and past, the timeout period. Living large!

@jpage4500 Joe I discovered a treasure trove of new images to use in the dashboards. I'm not sure how you would implement it for a device but I was creating notification tiles and discovered I can use all the emoji images that my phone has access to instead of text. Think you can implement that into some sort of image picker or whatnot?

Hi! Love this app so much!

This is an extremely long thread so forgive me if this has already been answered, but what I am trying to do on my Fire 7 is this:

1. In the normal day-to-day, default to a dashboard monitoring different devices. No PIN needed

2. When I have guests, manually switch to a different default dashboard that only has lights and entertainment (Spotify, TV etc.)-- and this would require a PIN to exit out of.

I know there was previously some talk of tabs, which I think would suit my needs better than folders.

I tried creating a Guest folder on the Dash, but I can't seem to make a PIN required for going back to the main Dash. Do I need to do it the other way around with the guest dash being the main one and have a PIN locked monitoring folder? If so, do I need to create the Dashboard I already made over from scratch or can I import it into the folder somehow?

Or is there a way to create multiple users of the Dashboard, so I could create a 'Guest' user?

1. Finally, and I'm not sure if this is even possible or if it would be of use to anyone else, but I have a 'Visitor' mode on my hub-- is it possible to switch to a visitor screen automatically when the hub mode becomes Visitor?

One option would be to make two separate dashboards (a second Maker API) and load that "guest" dashboard as needed...backed up to your hub of course. Then restore back to your default dashboard (also backed up to your hub) when needed.

3 Likes

The "Check for Updates" keeps disappearing for me - but only on my phone. My Chromecast devices still show it. I have never installed from the app store - only your link. Check for Updates is always there after a fresh new download and install, but disappears sometime after requiring that I re-download from your link and update periodically. Samsung Note 10 Plus.

@user1510 This is what immediately went through my head as well. Create two different dashboards, one for guest and one for normal use. No need for a second MakerAPI instance, unless you want to. Just hide the devices in the guest dashboard that you do not want to be available for guests. Then password protect β€œedit” so they cannot change anything.

To switch between the two you would have to use the backup restore functionality. With this option, you wouldn’t be able to switch between the two automatically, as far as I know.

There may be more elegant solutions out there as well.

1 Like

Just came back from vacation and noticed this. SUPER HAPPY!!!! Thank you Joe.

1 Like

Hmm.. I added a new check for showing 'check for updates' which is supposed to say if the app has install permission. I wanted to ensure it didn't show up on the Google Play or Amazon App store versions.

I'll remove that check - hopefully that will fix this for you

As a work-around, can you check the app info page and the 'install unknown apps' permission? You should be able to change that to 'allowed' and the 'check for updates' should re-appear

Great job @jpage4500 - Geofencing has been working perfectly on my pixel 6 pro.

Yes, changing that setting worked. Thank you.

ETA: Found the documentation!! Fixed disappearing shortcut issue (must backup prior to clicking on it). But is there any way to PIN lock a shortcut? I'd rather enter the PIN once to access the Admin Dashboard than enter it for every device

--

Okay, I tried adding a shortcut to the Guest Dashboard on the Main Dashboard and that works, except the shortcut tile disappears from the Dash once I use it. Is that a glitch?

If I could leave the shortcut up permanently and PIN code it, that would be perfect

OOOOO!!! Let me know what "version" (year) and how you rooted it, IF you root it.
I have several HD10 11th gen, and so far, as far as I know, there isn't a way to root them.... YET!

It appears that Blink cameras on Hubitat Dashboard no longer work with the latest update to @snell 's Blink API. Instead of displaying the camera icon (and providing the ability to invoke the Blink app by long pressing it) the Dashboard Blink camera icons now show 'image not available' superimposed on generic house icons. This appears to be a result of the Blink driver changes and not related to the version of Hubitat Dashboard; older Dashboard versions and the latest show the same issues, at least according to my experiments.

The latest version of the Blink API returns additional attributes and the BlinkChild-Camera driver added image capture capability.

Restoring normal operation of Blink cameras requires reverting to the prior Blink drivers and clearing app data for the Hubitat Dashboard app.

Okay, I've nearly got this working!! So, so close!!

My set up currently consists of the following on a Fire 7. I've also tried importing the files backed up on the Hub to my Android and get the same error:

I have the Guest Dashboard with the most basic functions, with a main menu along the bottom that shortcuts to individual Dashboards-- works great, aside from not being able to require a PIN!

As a work around, in my Sensor Dashboard, I added a PIN protected folder with a shortcut to the Admin Dashboard in there.

And this is where it gets weird. When I enter the folder screen, and click on Admin, it then lists the Shortcut to the Sensor Dashboard instead of the Admin Dashboard clicking this takes me back to the Sensor Dashboard.

BUT if I rotate the screen, before I click the incorrect shortcut, the ADMIN Dashboard loads perfectly. It doesn't matter which orientation the app starts it, it must be rotated. As you can imagine, this isn't ideal with a wall-mounted device.

Screenshots are from my Android Phone

Screen 1: Sensor Dashboard

Screen 2: Clicking on Admin Folder

Screen 3: What I get after clicking on Admin Shortcut before rotating device

Screen 4: What I get, if I rotate device

Sorry for the delayed reply.. I think I understand what you're trying to do but I might need some help explaining some of the details.

For the first question:

is there any way to PIN lock a shortcut?

I can add this - my original thinking was to PIN protect commands being sent to the hub and folders. But, that was before I added a way to create a shortcut to a new dashboard and it makes sense to allow PIN protection here too.

It seems like you've got 2 different dashboards already created and a shortcut from each one to the other. Is that right? I know that's a complicated process and I'd like to make it easier (although not exactly sure how).

Reading your most recent post it sounds like maybe there's a bug when clicking on a shortcut to load a new dashboard. Is that right? It works but only after you rotate the device? I'll fix that if it's something I can reproduce

1 Like

I'll update my Blink drivers and try it out - thanks! It's probably just the driver type or name that changed which the app was looking for so it's probably an easy fix.

1 Like

Yes, thank you! It's a great app!

I love the way this app is constantly developed and watch this thread daily for developments. Regarding the requirements for people wanting to select from different dashboards on one device, I wondered if it was possible to have more than one dashboard config file and some sort of (optional) dash selection/launcher screen at start up? This is how I envisage it could look/work. I've woken early due to jet lag from a trip across the pond so feel free to disregard my pondering!

• A single instance of Maker would be set to authorise all devices that were needed within any dashboard
  • At app start a (optional) launcher screen would show available dashboards/or automatically launch a designated default dashboard
  • The links to each of the dashboards in the launcher/selection screen could be PIN protected. Clicking a link would start that dashboard via it's individual config file
  • Any alterations to a specific dashboard would save changes only to its own config file
  • A designated icon on each dashboard that returned to the launcher screen (also optionally PIN protected). Not so much a 'back' key - the tile would link only to the launcher/selection page
  • Selecting a different dashboard from the launcher/selection screen would load that separate config file

Maybe impossible/ridiculously complicated to implement, but I was just trying to imagine what might work..

This point in particular is something I think would be helpful.

What I'd like to do is auto-backup any changes you make to the dashboard to the last saved file you've used. But, also I want to be careful not to overwrite a backup. I know sometimes I'll do a backup and then mess with the layout knowing I can always revert if I mess something up. Maybe an option to auto-save which would be located in the backup dialog...

The other thing which I need to fix is if you switch dashboards (ie: from A to B), I need to make sure the next time you go into the backup dialog that the config file you're saving to is "B". Right now, it's the previous file you saved which could be "A" which is confusing and could end up overwriting the wrong file

Anyway, I'll try to think about this and the other points you made and see if I can come up with something that'll make it easier to manage multiple dashboards

2 Likes

@jpage4500, Since the last update (which may have updates for the past month) the app crashes on start. I've tried a couple of full power off/on and clearing the cache. Do I need to completely uninstall / reinstall? (worried about how recent my backup is)