[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

@jpage4500 what is going on with space tiles. My dashboard is set to 12 columns and I put an 11 column wide 1 tall to fill the space left by the 1x1 back tile in all of my folders. Problem is these space tiles are also showing up on my main page and seem to be linked to the one in the folder. Without being able to resize the back tile every folder in my dashboard looks terrible. That leaves empty times to clean it up but they are getting weird. Thoughts?

Allowing the back button to be resized is on my TODO list but will require some time to implement (I don't save the 'back' tiles but instead insert them dynamically so it's a bit of a design change).

Not sure why a space tile in a folder shows up on the main dashboard. I just tried it myself and I don't see the space tile anywhere outside of the folder I added it to. I'm also not able to move empty tiles into or out of a folder either so I'm not sure how I can reproduce that one.

If you're able to send me your config file I can possibly see what you're seeing. The only caveat would be to first remove the access token from it - that should be the only sensitive piece of data in it unless you have some URL's with passwords which I won't need either. But all of the rest can be simulated w/out needing an actual Hub to connect to. I should create a guide on how to do that but basically just do a backup to the Hub and manually edit the file before sending it. Anyway, that's usually the best way to fix things -- being able to reproduce them

I'm also getting blank tiles showing up in more than one folder. I create it in one and get a duplicate in another. Deleting the tile removes it from both places.

The same thing happens with the section separators.

In my case I have folders with folders in them. Adding a blank tile to one bottom level folder will also create one in a completely different bottom level folder.

I can't recall when it started happening. I've stopped changing layouts because fixing one folder breaks another one somewhere else.

On my fire tv the command to my fan isn't send.
When I move the slider, no command is send and the speed indication stay over the screen even after I change the dashboard. Someone else had this bug?

I'll check it out.. using the remote control works differently than touch so I've had to do several tweaks just for the remote control

1 Like

If you can send me your config file that might be the easiest way for me to reproduce & fix this. You should remove the auth token and I can put together a little guide for doing this if it'll help

I've tried adding spaces to different folders and haven't seen this. The only thing I can think of is somehow a single tile is messed up in the config file. You don't happen to have more than 100 of any particular type of tile like spaces, do you? That was the limit I had set and I can see issues if there's more

RE: geofencing / presence

I've been testing this daily and am getting close to releasing an update. After each test I've been looking at the logs to see what works and what doesn't - making changes and then re-testing. I'll keep going until it's reliable!!

3 Likes

Joe I changed out all of my space tiles at the top of my folders to date/time tiles. Those appear to be working properly. I can't really send you my file since i removed all the issue tiles but maybe you can look at the difference between empty and date tiles. That may illuminate the issue.

I don't think I had 100 space tiles like I did with apps but is it possible space and other tile types share that 100 count limit?

This is probably a temporary design change for me but I do kind of like having the date/time at the top of each folder, but will probably remove it once you redesign the back tile since screen space is at a premium.

Long time ago I asked about the possibility of a list "folder" that works like the battery tile. My individual lights for example are a mess. Have you put any thought into it?

Below is a pic of my individual light folder (the one that I'd love just a list with on off and maybe whatever other features that may make sense. You can also see how the date/time tiles look to fill the space with the back button. You can also see how cramped that back button is with 12 columns on a phone screen.

Something else I've noticed since you implemented the Geofencing (I think), though I have it off right now. My screen is showing icons "refreshing/flickering" randomly every few seconds to 10ish seconds. Honestly it looks like the dashboard is visualizing when a device refreshes or something. It's not the same tiles every time and it even does it on individual preview icons on the folders they reside in. When I'm inside a folder it doesn't appear to happen, it's just the main screen Anybody else seeing this behavior?

And as always thanks for your amazing app and all your hard work. Without your dashboard I would probably jump ship to Home Assistant and my HE would just become the coordinator. Your app really has become the backbone to the Hubitat ecosystem IMHO.

1 Like

version 1.0.1757 (beta)

• improve presence/geofence logic

The majority of changes in this build are around presence (geofence) detection. Granted, this is still a work in progress and I'm going to continue to test as long as it takes. But, I believe this version is a big improvement from the original version and worth rolling out to anyone else who wants to help test.

There's a few other smaller changes such as increasing the number of virtual devices that can be added (I had a limit of 100 not thinking anyone would have that many!)

1 Like

My motion sensor no longer affects the screensaver. Until this version I had no issues with it "waking up"

Crashes have become more frequent too, now up to 4 or 5 per day.

I'm having issues with the Samsung Geo location stuff with everything. Hubitat, Life360 and others. I excited to be trying this. How does location with device work? Does it just toggle the device? So, it doesn't matter it it is on or off? Thanks again for all your support.

I have some ds18b20 to monitor some freezers in our basement. I have the temps displayed on my dash. Is there a way to set it up so that if the temp would fall out of a certain range the tile would change color?

A bit more effort, but I set up an automation based on temp thresholds (I use WebCoRE but you could do this with Rule Machine) to turn on a virtual switch that I show as a "Temp Alert" tile on the Hubitat Dashboard. You can then specify a color and/or special icon for that tile when it turns on.

It doesn't toggle the device but sends arrived or departed depending if you've entered or exited the geofence area (assuming you're using a Mobile App Device type). If you select a switch I'm sending ON if you've left the geofence, OFF if you're arrived

What is the device? There's not many crashes being reported but I can try to narrow down which one it is by device or OS version

Thanks! This is what I was looking for. Thanks.

Sorry I think I missed this post earlier.. I'm curious why you have 12 columns when it looks like you're really just using 4 columns. Is it ultimately so you can make each tile shorter (ie: not square) and fit more lights on the screen?

I don't have as many lights as you but I tried to see how it'd look with 4 columns compared to 12. It looks like ~28 lights would fit w/4 columns vs ~44 so obviously it does make a difference. It's almost like it'd be easier to just be able to reduce the height of each row vs what you're doing to achieve a similar effect. I looked into something similar a while back and I'll check again.. just seems a lot easier than changing the tile size of every tile

Long time ago I asked about the possibility of a list "folder" that works like the battery tile. My individual lights for example are a mess. Have you put any thought into it?

I forgot all about it! I will add it to my TODO list now though just to be sure.

EDIT: I wanted to ask how you envisioned this working for a folder view? Would this list show up when you click on a folder? I imagine I'd make it a per-folder option and not global for all

My screen is showing icons "refreshing/flickering" randomly every few seconds to 10ish seconds.

Hmm.. that could be something I did recently. Are you on the local network or using cloud mode? The app shouldn't try refreshing very often (10 mins) but cloud mode does refresh every 5 seconds. Question - are you noticing the flicker on actual hubitat device tiles or virtual tiles like images/folders/etc? I was doing a lot of different things to figure out why one of my tablets wasn't updating. It's working perfectly now and I can start to change back some of the things I did which likely aren't necessary anymore

What about something like this? This is sorted by device name (A-Z) but would it make more sense sorted by state (on first, then off)? Clicking on the device brings up the toggle on/off dialog and long-clicking brings up the detail view

left: click; right: long-click

I use 12 for the flexibility it offers. Other folder have different size tiles. 12 is divisible by 1,2,3,4,6,12. That leaves me lots of options for a clean look.

The refresh is visible in all tiles but not every time it refreshes. I am in cloud mode. 5 seconds seems about right.

The list folder would be best as a folder I think. I envision it to be scalable so it can fit on one screen. Would it be possible to use attributes like the customer tile type, just in list form?

For lights which is where my main thoughts have been would be a slider across the bottom of the whole line for brightness. From left to right: name, on/off (maybe a toggle reflecting the state, than maybe fill the rest with clickable boxes that the user can preset some colors. Finally at the very right something to click that will pull up the traditional pop-up adjustment screen. Is that even possible?

The motion device is an Iris v2 motion sensor but I don't think it has anything to do with the app crashes.

The tablet is a Samsung Galaxy Tab4 with Andriod 4.4. What other info can I provide to help you identify it?