[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

this should be fixed on the latest version, 1527

1 Like

I had fixed the max tile height to 4 - mostly because I saw some display issues with tiles that were taller than the screen height. But, I updated this in the latest version to 10

this should be fixed on the latest version, 1527

OMG. I've had to hand edit all my tiles because I rely on names. I can't wait to see this! I'm already having spasms over the ability to adjust my columns I was stuck at 8 when 9 was the perfect value... and now this?!
Sending coffee!
(and I can't wait fast enough... damn that google play store - Come on Play Store - UPDATE UPDATE ....LOL

1 Like

YESSS! :+1: :heart_eyes:

Maybe I'm not doing this right, but I just DL the APK. Are those versions the same?

Yes, the direct apk link is the same apk that's uploaded to google play

Wow. This just keeps getting better. Looking forward to this update showing up.

And. Are you still looking to improve the RTSP handling. That subject dropped off the discussion a while back. I tried it recently but still have problems with maintaining a good feed. For me all is not lost though. I finally found a reliable way of using TinyCam with your dashboard that works really well.

Love the device "name" toggle. So smooth in operation, just one tap and it sorts itself all out. Now I just have the long slog of swapping names and labels on the hub, and seeing if the devs will allow us the same option for the Google Home integration - else I have to edit all those by hand :frowning: Would have been far easier just to allow us to sort by Name on the device page...

I've been trying out the wake on device for the screen saver. I couldn't get it to work. I tried it on two different Samsung motion detectors. With the motion detectors selected, I verified that they were working with both the Hubitat app and the Dashboard app. With screen saver enabled and the camera wakeup working, I added the motion sensors. Watching the state of the motion sensors on a separate device with the Hubitat app, I tripped the sensors so that they would see motion. They both showed motion on Hubitat but the Dashboard app did not wake up. I moved in to activate the camera on the Dashboard app and that woke the screen up. Both sensors showed active on the Dashboard app when the screen woke up. So... The dashboard app saw the activie sensors but the wake up function didn't work. I repeated all of this with just one motion sensor and got the same result.

Joe, I have mine set up as pictured here and it's not affecting the screen at all but the Test function shows the expected activation.

Since I can't see what it would do if it were working I'm assuming that it invokes the screensaver. Would it be possible to turn the screen off, like Stay Awake does?

Is the "Idle Time" setting set to anything other than "Disabled" like in my screenshot above? That needs to be set in order for the screensaver to ever be seen. I set it to "1 minute" for testing.. then, just wait a minute for the screensaver to kick in.

I just tested it now.. I set the 'wake' device to be an outlet and then turned the outlet on and the screen woke up.

I know all of these settings are getting confusing.. I'm always trying to think of ways to simplify them and/or group them together to make more sense.

EDIT:

For example.. the screensaver options go together with the 'stay awake' options. If you have the device "always" awake - then no matter what you do you'll never see the screensaver. The screensaver is only going to kick in when the screen isn't kept awake.

Here's how I'm using it:

• I have my tablet set to stay awake from 7 AM to 11 PM ('stay awake' options).
  • Then, I have the screensaver set to 5 minutes and to wake on motion or activity from several nearby devices (doors, motion sensor)

What happens is - after 11 PM the tablet would normally have turned off. But, with the screensaver set, it will now just dim the screen as much as possible and will wake up for 5 minutes anytime one of these occurs: motion, device activity, touch the screen. After 5 minutes of no activity (and still outside of 7 AM-11 PM) the screensaver will kick back in again

I did the same and waited several minutes and nothing happened so I set it back to disabled. Trying again with 1 min...

Still not working with the Iris V2 motion sensor so I tried with a ST plug-in switch and still nothing. Samsung Tab 4, Android 4.4

To be clear, the screen stays ON

I just tested this doing something similar to what you did and the screen woke up. It's hard to debug this but if you're interested in sending me the device logs I can take a look.

I have a post about sending device logs.. there's a new part in there about putting the app into debug mode. That's necessary in order to see the events that I'm looking for.

Anyway, what I'm looking for can be seen in about -> view logs; There's a line in there about a device updated event waking up the screen.

FWIW - there's still some tweaks I need to do.. right now any update from the device will wake up the device. Of course, I imagine there's lots of updates I should ignore such as battery updates..

What is the 'stay awake' setting?

With this setting the screen should go off after 1 minute and kick on the screensaver

My bad. I forgot about that one so it's working now.

I suggest you move all the screen-related settings under More Settings to the Display options, and perhaps renaming some.

@jp4500 howdy. so... I'm having a heck of a time - I open playstore and it shows 'update'. I've done this many many times, I click it, then i get an 'update' option, I click that, and my app updates.

Today, it won't. I get an 'open' option not an update option. I'm in the Beta group if that matters... any thoughts? I tried uninstall and reinstall (and hosed myself in the process... ugh) but got it all back together and still no joy. Hoping you see something on your end...

Can you just download the APK?

@jpage4500, have you solved the image cropping problem noted here? [RELEASE] Hubitat Dashboard - Android dashboard app - #2805 by Pantheon

Has anybody figured out a way to pin this on firestick yet. So close to being the ultimate firestick launcher. I have been playing with an app called Troy point. It's an app installer for non firestick apps. Within it is an app for custom launchers. It appears to be able to use the dashboard as a launcher but it doesn't work. Wondering if the dashboard needs a few tweeks to work, @jpage4500 if you got this working there, this dashboard could be the top firestick alternative launcher. You dashboard is far more customizable and advanced than the launchers currently available.

A couple issues I've noticed with firestick. Video, Radar, Image, and Web tiles are hard to navigate as the "curser/selector" highlight disappears when you cycle through them. Maybe they need some sort of border?

Setting device order doesn't work right, once you select something and move it there is no way to unselect it and do anything else other than revert back. Currently I'm just renaming things alphabetically to get what I want.

Rader doesn't auto locate and manual doesn't work without a - minus sign. (Loaded my fire dashboard on the phone and used auto locate, than reloaded back to fire to make it work).

Anyways here's what it looks like right now, I actually don't use much of the smart home stuff which keeps clutter down on the firestick. Maybe I'll add things based on rooms folders.