[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

@jpage4500
If I want to create a dashboard for a specific tablet device, do I first have to create it within Hubitat and then push it to the device with a unique URL, or do i create an independent dashboard for each device on said device?

As a side note, it would be great to incorporate a digital picture frame function when in screen saver mode!!!

That’s probably ready achievable. There are options in Fully Kiosk for sleep, wake on motion etc so there should’ve no need for there to be a separate screensaver within HD+

@johnwill1 Except that I have no interest in using a cloud based service...want to keep it LAN only.

@user7145 Your device screensaver shouldn't need to use any cloud service. I don't use Android other than for HD+ but I presume a screensaver can be configured from images on the device?. Fully just allows options to automatically turn off and wake the screen based on motion. After a predetermined time of inactivity your device would start the screensaver (of your image(s)), when the device wakes it would restore the Fully home page (configured to be your dashboard).

Edit: I've just had a look at the options within the Fully settings. There's plenty that can be done locally:

Screensaver settings:

• Screensaver timer
  • Screensaver playlist (select files to show)
  • Screensaver wallpaper (local url of a file on the device)
  • Use Android screensaver (instead of Fully's)
  • Use Another app (set another screensaver app to launch)

Motion settings:

• Enable motion detection with front camera
  • Motion sensitivity
  • Trigger only with faces detected
  • 'Acoustic' Detection (uses microphone)
  • Exit Screensaver on motion

So what you want is possible with Fully and all carried out locally.

The website is out of date. You can see the last few versions and changes here:

https://jpage4500.s3.amazonaws.com/hubitat-dashboard/version-beta.txt

I only save the last few versions to keep the file from growing too large

I remember thinking this would be a good feature to add to the screen saver. The question would be what would the source of the images be? I use a Google Photos driver for my dashboard background. That would be an easy option to support.

I'll look into adding it

@jpage4500 That would be great. Firsts thing the "Boss" asked me was "can we use that tablet I dont want on the wall as a digital picture frame as well?"

Still waiting on clarification from you on the dashboard question. Seems like every time I logout of the app, I am required to re-setup all the tiles, links, etc in the app. Just wondering how I go about properly setting up a custom dashboard on a per device basis without loosing all the settings when logged out of the app?!

@jpage4500 would it be possible to use the new tasker abilities to pass a variable back and forth between HE and mobile device?

I, too, would be interested in seeing ideas on how to use Tasker with HD+. Not sure whee to even start.

Hi, I am trying to add the HD+ Device, and when I do, it shows up in HD+ as a media player with no option to choose "push notifications" or to change the device type to "HD+ Device".. I added it based on the website instructions.
Thanks!

Joe,

On a folder, is there a limit for the displayed icons at 4? No matter what I do I cant get more than 4, even if folder has more than 4 and set to tiled. Increasing tile size just scales the 4 icons to be larger.

that's correct - the max icons on the folder cover is 4. I have a TODO to support more but haven't had time to work on that yet

You're talking about this driver, right? What version of HD+ are you running? It's supported in 1.0.2196 or greater I believe

Yes that driver. It seems i'm on version 1.0.2181 which explains it, but that seems to be the latest version of the app in Google Play Store.. any ideas?

Will App Cloner work with this app?

Thanks, sorry if I missed that someplace.

Separate item: My video cam rtsp feeds are wide angle, and they generally fit well in a 2rx1c title for aspect ratio/close enough, Selecting a video tile enlarges it to 'full screen', but on a cell it winds up stretching vertically to fill in a highly distorted view. Probably fishing here if its a standard player, but is there a way to rotate the video (landscape) in full view?

I've never tried but it seems like it could work

Yeah that's something I've wanted to work on but never had the time. I wanted to offer an option to either show full screen or keep the aspect ratio of the video. It wasn't easy to do as I remember (I'm using 2 different video drivers so each one would need to support it too). The other question I had was -- what if the dashboard tile is landscape (ie: 2 x 1) but when clicked it shows full screen on a device in portrait mode (tall)? I'm not sure how easy it will be but I'll make sure it's on my TODO list and if I can figure something out I'll get it in

1 Like

Maybe I haven't pushed the beta version to production since adding this? I'll check and push it if not.. it would be overdue anyway

version 1.0.2266 (beta)

• option to show folder title instead of back button
  • remove option to hide back button
  • allow section device to change icon/text color
  • allow folder title to change icon/text color
  • fix push notification icon
  • support multiple stock symbols on stock tile
  • better handle low memory

5 Likes