[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Hi @BorrisTheCat, HD+ doesn't do that in the app natively but the building blocks are all there to have HD+ display what, I think, you're asking about. You can create a rule in RM to update a hub variable show the person's location in readable text. For example, I have many locations setup and I call them 'at Home', 'at Work', etc, and set the driver to report the text 'away' if I'm not in any location. Then in my RM rule any time there is a location update event I update my hub variable to read 'Mark is at Home', 'Mark is at Work', 'Mark is away', etc for display on my HE dashboard. You can add the hub variable to Maker and HD+ will create a tile for it showing that person's status.

Separately, the driver can also send a present/not present event for one of your locations, presumably your home, but it can whatever location you want.

2 Likes

Yes this is what I'm after, could you show me a example of your rule please?

I already do the last bit for home :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sure.
I have a string variable, a MyLocation device, and a rule for each family member. The rule is quite simple, I trigger on a location name attribute change from the MyLocation driver then build the hub variable string. Then that string sits on my dashboard along with the map location (I use the google maps driver and the lat/lon, too) and on HD+.

Now, I will say there's an anomaly with HD+'s display of the string. Sometimes the whole string doesn't display. The string is always correct when I check on the hub and it displays properly on the dashboard. It's so minor I haven't bothered @jpage4500 about that yet, but if more people use this example then maybe it'll need to be looked at.

1 Like

Hi @jpage4500, pursuant to my above comment; the string tile, I'm seeing, doesn't appear to do update on initial open all the time then stays stale until an update comes along. I believe your app opens the local cfg file then updates all the data, but the string doesn't always. In the example below the hub variable for Monica is fine but doesn't display fully. (I think when I originally configured the tiles and made a backup I wasn't adding the 'Monica is' to the string which is why I think it opens the cfg file and for some reason doesn't see the a need to update). As soon as a fresh update comes along it will display properly but not until then. I've tried the pull down refresh but that doesn't help either. Lemme know if I can get you any more info.

That reminds me of something I want to add.. right now that HD+ Device driver can be used to push messages to a phone. It is ideal for phones because you don't have to have the the HD+ app running or even the phone screen on to receive the message and play TTS.

But, as I noted it doesn't work with Amazon Fire tablets because they don't support FCM (Firebase Cloud Messaging). That said, if you have a Fire tablet that's always running HD+ I can come up with a much simpler solution to use it to play TTS. It would never be as good as an Alexa/Google Home device in terms of sound/speakers.. but, if anyone's still interested I think it can be done

version 1.0.2231 (beta)

• Blink Cameras: support images
  • Blink Cameras: update Arm/Disarm and motion enable/disable commands

This release is all about Blink Cameras -- changes that stem from the Blink driver now supporting
fetching images. Right now these images need to be manually fetched (there's a command in the driver) so I'll keep an eye on how useful this is and can make updates later if it makes sense.. for example -- maybe to automatically have the driver update the image every X mins/hours? That's something that could be done on the driver or Hubitat side too but the theory could be that there's no need to update it when no one is actually viewing the images..

1 Like

HI @jpage4500. I just installed the latest beta and the latest Blink driver. I can see the thumbnail of my cameras, but I only have "Details, Activity, and Edit". I'm missing "Arm System, Motion Detection, and Update Image". Did I miss a step?

The Update Image option is new but the other 2 (arm and motion) have been around for years so it's not the version of HD+

Can you check the device type to make sure it's a Blink Camera? Also, what does Details -> Type say? It should say "BlinkChild" for the Blink cameras. If it's not, let me know what it does say and I'll try to add support for it. Maybe you have a different Blink device than I do and that's why

@jpage4500 Hi Joe, just updated HD+ to the latest version and also updated to the latest Blink driver earlier today. I don't see a thumbnail. I just see the camera icon. My Device Typ is "Blink Camera" and the Details Type is "BlinkChild".
Do I have to reset the icon anyhow to see the thumbnails of the cameras in HD+?

Thanks for any help

That might be expected actually.. I believe today the images need to be manually fetched.. meaning the driver has a "GetThumbnailImage" command and you have to hit that to retrieve the latest image. That probably makes sense too because these devices are battery powered (at least mine is) and I wouldn't want it to wake up every X seconds/minutes.

I'm still trying to understand how to best utilize this in HD+ and what makes the most sense.. Do I automatically fetch the latest image (call "GetThumbnailImage" command) when you click on the camera tile? And/or offer the option to call that command every X minutes? Haven't quite figured all of that out yet so let me know if you have any thoughts/ideas.. but I am happy the option to get the image is there!

1 Like

Which Blink driver do you use in HE for the Camera? "BlinkChild" or "BlinkChild Camera"

Oh, that might be why it's not working for you.. I installed the Blink app years ago and HD+ is looking for "BlinkChild". I'll add support for "BlinkChild Camera" too.

HD+ also looked to see if the command "EnableMotionDetection" existed and I noticed the new driver (at some point) changed that to "MotionDetectionEnable". That's probably why it's not working for you.. it's an easy fix and I'll get it out shortly

1 Like

Gotcha, tried it out and see the thumbnails now in HD+

Makes totally sense what you wrote about the sequence of requesting new pictures.

@jpage4500 Another question came into my mind. Currently my battery is draining more than in the past. I was wondering if this could be driven by the new "HD+ location tracking". I would like to play around a bit with this. How can I disable location tracking without interfering with the presence tracking?

Type is "BlinkChild-Camera".

1 Like

Even better this is exactly what I was after

name : Work Hotel

So it does do what I was asking. The "name" field matches the location name from the app. So I can now fire rules or whatever from that name or stuff it in a string variable like you do to show it on the app. :+1:t2::+1:t2::+1:t2::blush:

1 Like

@sblock23 As far as I can say that's the reason why you don't see the additional settings. I had the same problem and changed to "BlinkChild" Type.

As Joe mentioned he wants to update HD+ the catch both types. Not sure what's the difference between those two type drivers.

1 Like

Glad it's working out for you!
Yea, @jpage4500 did a great job on this app and is continually adding functionality to make it even better. I like to keep thing simple so I was happy to also be able to remove a couple apps and rules by using all the newer features.

1 Like

I'm a bit behind the times - I know HD+ continues to set a new standard - Can someone give a basic overview of the steps to get a cell phone working with HD+ for location?
all I get so far is 'null' returned. I run HD+ on a desktop in portrait - i've setup a new HD+ maker API for my cell - and want to use location + on it for home/away. I tried and use a few others including life360 which - truthfully not even sure it's working right but my email spam folder is taking a pounding!
thanks!

Can this be offline? I replaced my fire tablets with cheap Chinese ones but don't trust them. I would like to block them from the Internet at the router level. Any chance it that?