[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

I haven't tested these types of lights in a long time but I'll pull one out and play with it a little bit. I kind of remember looking into a separate CT only device type but I don't remember why I never added it.. I feel like there was some reason though. But, let me get familiar with it again and see.

Also - can you provide a hard version of the Mobile device icon or tell me where it is?

Are you talking about the icon in the top-right of the image below? Sure, I can make it selectable with the other built-in images.

Recent changes stopped my presence display on my mobile item.

The latest version should have fixed all presence issues but let me know if one still exists. I've got several presence types on my dashboard for testing and they all look accurate to me.

NOTE that if you had any custom icons or background colors for these devices they're going to need to be changed. I previously was considering 'away' to use the 'on' state icons and vice-versa but flipped that to be more consistent with other apps/drivers.

Meaning, if you change a presence device to have an orange background for the 'on' state - it'll look like this (where before the on state would have referred to the Away tile)

version 1.0.2066 (beta)

• Life360 map changes: call/text/email user
  • support using installed app image for tile icons
  • support using any HD+ device image for custom tile icons

Life360 map changes:

• clicking on the user details (name/battery/updated) will expand it to show more info
  • clicking on the avatar brings up a 'contact' dialog - call / text / email (if user has phone or email address set via Life360)

Changes to images you can use in the app (tiles, background, etc):

• added installed app images.. you can use the image of any app installed on your phone!
  • added more built-in images.. basically everything the app uses for icons should now be available to select

6 Likes

Any updates about the remote access?
Still not working for me while in the car

I'm away from home now and checked the logs (about -> logs). I have debug mode enabled otherwise most of these entries wouldn't show up. That time listed is how long it takes to fetch all devices (~60) from the hub remotely. Most of them are < 1 second

In the latest version of the app, if any of these requests failed the app would use an alternative way of fetching devices. It will also log how long the entire request took too for reference (at some point I want to have the app try both ways a few times and use whichever was the fastest)

Anyway, if you're still having an issue can you send me that device log?

I haven't gotten to this yet.. hopefully I'll have some time Sunday. But, a couple of questions before I do..

• are you talking about 2 sliders on the main dashboard tile? I've been trying to move away from sliders and other controls on the main tiles as they're kind of hard to use on a small tile. I was accidentally adjusting the slider while scrolling through the list -- that's why I tried to move them to the long-press dialog.
  • Is your CT device driver reporting RGB capabilities? I'm not certain I have a light that supports brightness and CT w/out color so I might need to see your device details so I can try and identify it better. The device details won't normally show up in the device log but if you have the app in debug mode and just long-press on the light/device - it'll log the details

1 Like

Are you using a C8 hub?
I have tested the Maker API app on both C8 and C7.
Remote access is working fine on C7, but seems to be broken on C8.

Remote access on the C8 works for me. Just tested it.

I am using a C8 hub.
Remote access was fine a couple of weeks ago (one week ago?)
Something changed with HD+ and now it no longer works.

I know it used to work, as I tested out Android auto. This is where I also noted it not working, when the icons would not update on screen, or change device states.

1 Like

Thanks for confirming.
Most likely an issue with Maker API as I've tried an older version of HD+ app and the result was the same. Will have to wait for some opinions from the experts

I have the Hue White White Ambiance bulbs and they show up in HD+ with sliders for color temp and brightness. My guess is the driver you are using isn't for your specific bulb. Not sure what bulb you have, but I didn't see any Sengled CT bulb drivers included with Hubitat. You might need to look for a custom driver.

I can confirm that the cloud URLs started working again and remote access for HD+ app also working now for me.

I think working for me too.
Far away from home currently, and seem to be able to access devices.

@jpage4500 is it possible for your app to do some sort of Alarm clock function. Currently I have times set for different alarm times and i just turn on the one that I want. Unfortunately these are useless for custom times. Is it possible to set up a tile with a time and have that trigger a rule back in the hub?

Could use a time variable and have all your rules trigger at variable time but have a required expression of must be X time.

Then you could adjust the variable with this app?

1 Like

Is it possible to adjust a variable via hd+. I start with hd+ and take a detour via SharpTools to set adjust a time variable. And from that point same path as described by @BorrisTheCat .

I posted 2 theories in another thread - technically this thread is about an API that I don't use in cloud mode (/devices/*) but the logic would apply to any cloud mode API. Maybe the request isn't returned fast enough or the cloud API's don't allow more than a certain size response and anything past that will just fail.

The latest version of HD+ will try both endpoints now -- if the first one fails it'll fall back on the old logic which required a lot more API calls -- but each one has a very small response. Once a failure happens the app will use the old logic for as long as it's running.

Anyway, I'd still like to figure out the root cause and if I can - I can optimize the app for everyone.

2 Likes

It's been a while since I tested this but I think I support setting date/time variables

I remember there's logic to show both a time picker and date picker when both are set or just the time picker when only the time is set. Anyway, let me know if this isn't working and I'll test it out

1 Like

I saw some reported slowness with the hubitat oauth servers. Maker api uses oauth if i am not mistaken. Might this breakdown have been related to that?

will try it out and will let you know

Thanks, the app is really awesome.

No.

1 Like