[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

I'm also seeing this with 2026

EDIT:
It may be too early to say but 2029 appears to have fixed this.

Same problem here. I have to restart my phone. Also, when the phone first reboots it displays the status my dashboard was showing before the last patch. After a few seconds it updates to current status of my devices.

Unrelated, I can't figure out how to disable presence tracking in your app. I know I've done it before but it really needs a switch to turn it on and off. Looking a bit deeper maybe a quick change for an on/off for each of the items in the more settings menu would be nice.

Can you try the latest version - 2029? I pushed it yesterday so it should be available in Google Play. If that doesn't work let me know and I'll figure out what else changed

I was posting an edit at the same time you posted this. :crazy_face:

2029 seems fine

@jpage4500 Unfortunately 2029 shows same behavior. :slightly_frowning_face:

Not fixed for me so far just tried it out.

Let me know what you need to investigate.

Thanks

ok good. I changed some of the endpoints that I was calling on MakerAPI in order to make responses faster. I'm using an semi-undocumented endpoint in local mode which was working great for my testing. In cloud mode I use the /devices/all endpoint which in my testing was faster than fetching device status from each device individually.

I'm tracking the overall time it takes to update all devices and logging it if the app is in debug mode. If anyone still has issues it would be helpful to me if you could enable debug mode, test for a little bit and then send me a device log (see this)

I'll keep testing/monitoring it though and if there's any better options I'll investigate

Since this update my Life360+ dashboard device show the opposite of what it should? In the Life360+ driver the presence is listed as "not present", but the dashboard shows it as "present"?

Driver:

Dashboard:

Do I need to change something .... or do you? Thanks.

One way is to delete the geofence(s) but if you're looking for a faster way you can just remove location permission from HD+. Just change it to "Allow only while using the app" and that should prevent the app from using geofence.

I'll have to test to make sure the app re-adds geofences when you re-enable though.. you might have to go back into the location screen and hit the 'save' button to get it re-added

I did change something regarding presence states -- but I think (hope) the real issue is just that you're on version v2026 which will be fixed in v2029

-- version 2026 wasn't notifying the existing tiles there was an update so they didn't refresh.. it was a 1-line change but clearly an important one :slight_smile:

Not so much...2029 is not responding to the selected motion sensor events to wake from the screensaver.

Does anyone know of a way to prevent an app from updating automatically? It would be nice to remain on a stable version until the bugs are worked out of newer ones.

you can prevent google play from updating individual apps automatically.. there's an option in the menu when you view an app in google play ("Enable auto update")

you could also use the production version too :slight_smile:

1 Like

As I said, 2019 isn't working as expected. Devices status don't get updated and can't be turned on/off without restarting HD+.
Hubitat Safety Monitor is out of sync as well. Not usefull. Devices which get changed manually get updated.

Let me know if you need any logs.

Thanks

yes, please send logs...

@jpage4500 Just sent you a log file by email.

Mode tile isn't working either. I know my hub is in work mode but my cloud dash is showing home. It also changed into being a display only tile, no option to change mode.

I made sure I was on 1.0.2029. The Life360+ tile in HD+ shows the opposite of what the Life360+ driver is reporting.

Thanks.

I think I see the problem.. it would affect sending commands and the device state after that.

I'll keep testing it out and check in a fix soon

2 Likes

version 1.0.2038 (beta)

• fix device state/update bug
  • handle invalid Life360 avatar URL
  • fix presence not displaying correctly

This version should fix a couple of issues that were introduced in yesterday's build. I'm going to add a few geofence/location changes in the next day or 2 so if you see any other issues let me know and I'll make sure to include them

4 Likes

I have the same issue and posted about this in the life360+ thread and it got moved here but never resolved. Not complaining, but just pointing out there's something amiss.

Another thing I noticed trying to resolve it, was MY old "Work" location in life360 10 miles from my wife's current "work" was being used by my wife's present work location status ?? IOW she was at her work 2.5 miles from our house and the map was showing her 10 miles away at my work.

My new work location (the airport LOL) wasn't being used. Odd. I updated the locations in the circle and it did update her true location.

We use the free version of Life360 for just the 2 of us.