[RELEASE] HD+ - Android Dashboard

Don't know if this a bug or the way it's supposed to operate so... :slight_smile:
I have a vurtual button device with 8 defined buttons.
In the app it only shows a 4 button square and not 8. When I tap on the right bottom corner icon of a "remote" it opens a new overlay showing all 8 buttons which work fine.
Why do I not get all 8 buttons on the first screen?

Another odditiy is once in the larger overlay of 8 buttons I can hit "Options" and edit. That takes me to an Edit screen showing 2-4 button tiles. These don't seem to represent one for push and one for hold.
Also, if I try to change the button icons I just seem to get one big icon that covers the whole 4 button pad.
EDIT: Another thing maybe amiss? Changing the icon can't be set back to null and setting different icons for On or Off doesn't seem to work; again it just places one big icon over top of the pad.
Never mind, found the Reset button :wink:

I saw the update and got giddy. I had plans on tweaking with the system this weekend - will update with the results!

Thanks again for all your hard work.

Truly wanted to sayone of the best hubitat apps out there.
Just What the community needed.
I'll gladly buy you a coffee

Just sent the logs now.

I'm going to have to give this app a try when I get some time. With a Wireguard Vpn being able to jump from cellular to WIFI seamlessly, I think it's what I'm looking for. No cloud and easy to work with app looks nice too from the pictures

1 Like

Thanks for the logs! I don't see anything obvious to indicate your Thermostat is using Celsius. Oddly enough my Nest thermostats (using this driver) have an attribute tempScale: FAHRENHEIT.

Anyway, I think maybe I could just look at the setpoint values.. If the value is < 50 it's probably C and all I'd be doing anyway is making the up/down arrows increment by .5 instead of 1

I deployed this change - version 1.0.904 (beta)

1 Like

Thanks for the kind words! I really enjoy this stuff and am happy that I can contribute!

I started this project because it was something I wanted and will always keep it free (no ads, etc). I hadn't taken donations in the past but the more I think about it I'd be crazy not to and it'd be much appreciated. I'll add a donate link to the first post on this thread: PayPal.Me

thanks!

I really appreciate all the incremental ease-of-use refinements you've added, for example including the little device function icons before the device name in the 'Select Folder Devices' screen. Before I could never tell whether I was adding a temperature device or a motion device (or a camera, for that matter) when their names started off with the same location name.

RE: RTSP video streams - the URL example for including username/password is wrong. It should look like this: rtsp://user:pass@192.168.0.110:8080/path/to/video.sdp. That's the standard way and what the app is looking for. I just tried it using IP Webcam and it worked.

It's much faster then the MJPEG video support which starts to lag after a while.

I was able to make some changes and now MJPEG is as fast displaying video as RTSP. I'm testing on a Pixel3a so not sure how that will translate to all devices..

Also, the RTSP library I'm using mentions these features.. I wanted to mention it in case you're wondering if it'll work with your source or not:

- Android min API 21.
- RTSP/RTSPS over TCP.
- Video H.264 only.
- Audio AAC LC only.
- Basic/Digest authentification.
- Supports majority of RTSP IP cameras

Last note.. I'm not handling audio right now; it might make sense to handle audio when you click on the video to view full-screen though.. I'll add that to my TODO list

I'm only showing a max of 4 buttons on a tile at once. More than that would be difficult to hit/tough individually IMO. The popup was meant to cover all of the buttons as well as give them more friendly names. Thinking more about it - would it help if you could pick which buttons you wanted on the main tile? That would allow users to customize it more -- and if you wanted all 8 buttons to be displayed you could do that too by first making a copy of the device and having the copy show buttons 5-8. That's more complex but at least would allow for all 8 available on screen at once.

Another odditiy is once in the larger overlay of 8 buttons I can hit "Options" and edit. That takes me to an Edit screen showing 2-4 button tiles. These don't seem to represent one for push and one for hold. Also, if I try to change the button icons I just seem to get one big icon that covers the whole 4 button pad.

I'll try this out - I don't have any devices with 8 buttons but I can create a virtual one I believe and see how this looks

Using the secondary popup is fine as it's only for me selecting various states I want my equipment to be in. I guess the tile can't have 8 and you make the horiz and vert size even bigger? You already provided a doubling feature for fat fingers :wink:
Creating a second tile is no big deal either, I just change the WebCore code to look at the 5-8 returned on the second tile.
The icon changes still confuse me as they don't relate to each button square but the whole tile.
That's just pretty stuff so as long as I get funtionality I'm happy :slight_smile:

Is updating from the 'About' screen supposed to work on the Relay? I just tried it out (from 1.0.898) and got "There was a problem parsing the package" (the download does appear to complete OK, it just won't install). Updating to 1.0.904 works fine when doing from the link the in the forum.

thanks for the reminder.. I've been meaning to test this out myself now that I have a Wink Relay (w/out Play Store support) too.

1 Like

Anyone figured out how to show Eufy cams and doorbell in this app??

I don't know about Eufy -- I have Wyze -- if it's similar, I use TinyCam Pro and feed from there. Wyze has am installable firmware for RTSP. However, I like the additional functionality of TinyCam.

I've got a Eufy doorbell and I'm not aware of any way to get video from it. There's some talk about Eufy supporting RTSP in the future but nothing today AFAIK.

For the other Eufy cameras, do they support RTSP or some other way to view these w/out using the app?

There's now 3 different ways to get video into this app (RTSP, MJPEG and WEBVIEW) so hopefully one option will work for most devices.

Can I ask for screen saver integration.
Fully kiosk for some reason doesn't work with your app. Unless I'm doing it wrong.
Also I noticed when not on a local connection, the app said cloud when checking connectivity, yet also shows or cannot connect to the server. So I am unable to control my devices.

Also can I suggest rather if connected to a certain Wifi ssid as apposed to enabling gps for cloud to work.
Now when I have the cloud token. It wants gps on all the time to assertain if I am home or not.
Otherwise seamlessly switching won't work.

Lastly.. sorry, I'm not nitpicking..
When trying to recover my hidden items.. it is I'm. Numbers and not the description.so very tedious

Do you have the "Screen On" option set? That will keep the display on during the hours you set. But, if it's disabled the screen will go off according to your Android OS settings (display timeout).

Also I noticed when not on a local connection, the app said cloud when checking connectivity, yet also shows or cannot connect to the server

When not on local WIFI the app goes into cloud mode (assuming you have it enabled). At that point the app routes traffic through cloud.hubitat.com. I haven't tried it in a bit but it should work. You can try it yourself by going to the Maker API app settings and look for the cloud URL links.

Also can I suggest rather if connected to a certain Wifi ssid as apposed to enabling gps for cloud to work. Now when I have the cloud token. It wants gps on all the time to assertain if I am home or not

The app doesn't access GPS or location data at all. I know that's the permission that is asked for.. it's because Android won't let an app query the WIFI Access Point name without location permission. The app only checks the Access Point name while it's running and only when the screen is displayed. If that AP isn't the same one you used on logging in, the app goes into cloud mode.