[RELEASE] Google SDM API - Nest integration

@a4refillpad -- I believe it should work with UK models, yes.

@potts.mike -- No command in the API so far to control the doorbell chime

1 Like

So glad this is out there, I have Nest cameras, doorbell and would love to go back to my nest thermostat.

I am stuck at when I click on the Auth Link, I enter my google credentials taht it asks then it says this below.

Please let me know how to troubleshoo this

Thanks

Something went wrong

Please contact the developer of this app if the issue persists

Hi all everything seems to be working okay but I get a number of warning messages in my logs....see attached, my question is is it anything to be concerned about?

Thanks.

I know it’s not a specific answer but it works in the UK with my 3rd gen.

@sal.occhipinti I'd start by double-checking that you have the same OAuth IDs shared in your GCP and Device Access projects.

@jon.d.tyler no specific concerns for these messages... I'm working on how to better handle these cases so that these messages can be suppressed

Yes that was it, its all fixed and workjing now thank you!

I have both a 3rd gen and a Therm E in the UK. Neither legacy WWN integrations or using badnest via home assistant work with the therm E with heat link for UK users. It's a known issue, hence me asking if SDM is any different.

Any documentation or links? This would help to determine if there is a problem with your setup and SDM.

As far as WWN vs SDM, the dividing line is whether you have a legacy Nest account or have migrated to a Google account

There's plenty of discussion in the HA threads, plenty of people like myself found that the UK version of thermostat E doesn't work with badnest.

I'm hoping the SDM provides a route for this.

Per the Device Access program page,

All Google Nest Thermostat models are supported in the Smart Device Management (SDM) API

This statement is accompanied by a picture including both 3rd gen and Thermostat E models (though I am accessing and referencing the US website). Hope this helps -- I know we have some UK users for this app, perhaps one of them has an E model and can chime in?

I think I'll bite the bullet and give up my Protect integration and try this....

I get this as well. The credentials seem to match.

Chris,

my issue was that indeed I was using the wrong creds. Specifically the project id, so go to https://console.nest.google.com/device-access/project-list and verify that its the right project ID

Sal

what should I be putting for my Oath Client ID?

I found all the instructions very confusing and I dont recall exactly what path I followed to finally get it right, BUT try this (maybe some one else can chime in):

Go here:

then click on the blue icon that says enable api and get Oauth. Here I selected the project that I had, created the credentials and downloaded the json file which I used in hubitat. That did it for me,

Good luck

The prompt you posted looks like the Google SDM Project side, you should copy the client-id from
GCP to SDM

I got it to worked!!! thank you!!!

So I just ran into a small issue and I’m hoping someone here might have some insight into how I might correct it. I lost internet, and of course when my Hubitat flipped from away to home the thermostat never received the command to turn off eco mode as a result (thanks Google for making this cloud only...). Is there a way for me to capture whether or not the command sent to the Google API failed? I would like to implement some sort of “retry” but I only need to do so if the Hubitat can’t reach the Google api.

In the handlePostCommand method, this block: google-sdm-api/sdm-api-app.groovy at master · dkilgore90/google-sdm-api · GitHub handles response errors. However, in this case, we would not get a response... so we may need to handle in deviceSendCommand above. If you could provoke the failure, the logs would show the error being thrown, so I could better advise on how to catch/handle it

Having difficulties receiving the token. When I enter the curl command. It just pulls up the coding for the google logo lol.

Any tips?