[RELEASE] GE 4xxxx / ZW3010 Enbrighten Z-Wave Plus Dimmer Driver

Ugh ... thanks for that last tip. Using the generic zwave dimmer driver, the Toggle function works fine. Actually and a few other things work better to from a dashboard standpoint. Like a dimmer template. Using the standard driver, now the icon changes more appropriately and when you "toggle" the icon is yellow when "on" and black background when "off". I really like the double and tripleTap with your driver though ... hhhmmmm .. something to think on.

I don't understand your comment on the dashboard... What exactly works differently with the in-box versus user driver on the dashboard?

I use the dashboards regularly, and haven't noticed anything majorly different - other than when some of the status update (i.e. I believe the in-box driver says off immediately, mine waits until dimming is actually complete). On mine, using the user driver, it is yellow when on and grey when off - just like any other dimmer.

Or do you mean that when initially adding the device to a dashboard it doesn't select the dimmer or bulb templates by default, so you have to manually change it to the dimmer or bulb template one time? If so, yeah - that's true. Doesn't seem like a big deal to me though, as you change it to the dimmer template once and you're done.

And are you sure you are using the newest/current version of my driver? It has been updated a few times in the last 2 months. EDIT: I was wrong on that, I was thinking of another driver. This one hasn't changed since 7/2019.

Lastly, what the heck does "toggle dimmer level" even do? How is that different than "set dimmer level"? I assume it 'toggles' from on to off, or off to on. I would never use that function/do my logic that way, though, so am guessing.

Yes, I have the v1.1 of your dimmer driver on my Hubitat.

On my dashboard,when I clicked on the dimmer template icon to turn off the dimmer/lights, typically it was hit / miss. When it did, the hour glass icon would show up but really never go away. To turn off the lights, I would typically slide the dimmer to 0%. That's when I started messing with toggle. The dimmer template background also remained black whether the lights were on or off.

Using the generic zwave dimmer driver, the dimmer template icon is yellow when the lights are on, black when off, and the hour glass and light bulb icons are reflected when necessary typically quickly. Clicking the dimmer on the dashboard is consistently clean on lights coming on and off.

Glad to hear yours is working as it should be. Mine well doesn't when using the driver :frowning:

No clue what "toggle dimmer level" means. From my messing around it seems to behave like "set dimmer level".

I don't think so.... I think it is supposed to turn it off if already on, or on if already off. Set dimmer always turns it on (unless setting to 0 I guess).

Anyway, good luck. Since everything is working on my end, I don't see how I can change/fix it. I'll keep my eyes open, though - always willing to fix any issue I can reproduce.

Is there a driver like this for the Motion Sensored Dimmer switch?

Not the exact same features, as they are different devices with different capabilities, but...

EDIT: Don't install 1.2.0, there is an issue with it. I'll fix it this afternoon and up 1.3.0.

Ok, v1.3.0 is up. Should work a little better. Some redundant zwave Get commands removed (reducing zwave traffic), and tested to work when dimmer is in SWITCH MODE (as I needed to put a dimmer in switch mode earlier today...).

I redid how it reports levels to Hubitat, so if you run into cases where it reports the wrong level after ON/OFF/DIM events, let me know. Worked correctly on my devices, but :man_shrugging:...

I also verified that all events report the correct physical versus digital command origin/type. If you see events that have the wrong digital/physical type in the event log - let me know.

Also, side note, I am probably going to find the time to add in the minimum/maximum Dimmer settings. I commented that code out originally, as I didn't have time to see how it worked. But after I poked around on it, I think I get it (stil send device 0-100%, but it scales the output on its side).

Note that there are now in-box drivers for this device as well. :+1:

@JasonJoel have you had any problems with the new 2nd gen enbrighten dimmers not being able to dim LEDs? I've now had to uninstall several of the 2nd gen and replace them with 1st gen dimmers, because they just made the LEDs flicker terribly. I saw from the Amazon reviews and some google searches that other people have had the same issue, but Jasco has been unresponsive.

Weirdly, I do have a couple 2nd gen dimmers that are doing fine with the exact same LED lights. But I realized that the common factor is that the 2nd gen dimmers that were working were all hooked up to 4 or more LED can lights. The ones that flickered were hooked up to 1-3 LED can lights. So maybe they have problems with smaller loads?

Anyway, it's frustrating because I otherwise really like the 2nd gen ones. The firmware has more options, and the shallower depth helps the install quite a bit.

I only have a few of the newest ZW3010 dimmers, but they seem to work on all of the LEDs I have them on. So no, I haven't seen that as of yet.

Uploaded v.1.4.0.

NOTE This version has a breaking change if you use double tap / triple tap. Because I added single tap button events, I had to re-number the buttons.

Previous versions: Double Up/Down = Buttons 1/2. Triple Up/Down = Buttons 3/4.
This and future versions: Single Up/Down = Buttons 1/2. Double Up/Down = Buttons 3/4. Triple Up/Down = Buttons 5/6.

1.4.0 (02/07/2020) - Added pushed, held, and released capability. Required renumbering the buttons. Now 1/2=Up/Down, 3/4=Double Up/Down, 5/6=Triple Up/Down

Uploaded v.1.4.1

• 1.4.1 (02/07/2020) - Added doubleTapped events and added doubleTap capability. Now users can use button 3/4 for double tap or the system "doubleTapped" events.
  • 1.5.0 (05/17/2020) - Added associations and inverted paddle options

As I don't use associations, that code is essentially untested. however, since I pulled it from another one of my drivers, and I believe it is working there, it "should" work.

Format for associations is a comma separated list of HEX id #s.

1 Like

Does this same driver work for the GE zigbee versions as well?

Nope. Only the new enbrighten versions, as they changed how button reporting works in the new models.

I've published other drivers on here for the non-Enbrighten devices though.

Example:

NOTE, I will get a new version of the driver posted soon that will be for 2.2.3 and newer and supports S2.

• The current driver 1.5.0 does not support S2 paired devices.
  • The upcoming new driver 2.0.0 will only work on hub at release 2.2.3 or newer, but will support S2
2 Likes

2.0.0 (08/07/2020) - Added S2 capability for Hubitat 2.2.3 and newer

• 2.1.0 (08/20/2020) - Fixed some command version issues
  • 2.2.0 (08/29/2020) - Added number of button config to configure

Hi, I have a question that I, hopefully, have not missed previously in this thread.

One of the things I would like to do is adjust the ramp rate of the dimmer. i.e. instead of dimming up or down slowly, I would like to have it instantaneous.

I have the settings "Adjust the speed at which the ramps to a specific value" set to Fast.

I've noticed that if I turn on and off the Dimmer via the Hubitat Device View that it's instantaneous. It's also noticed in the logs as [Digital]. If I use the off and on button at the dimmer it ramps up and down slowly (and shows [physical]).

Is there any way to have the physical act the same as digital in terms of ramp rate of the dimmer?

Thanks for the help