[RELEASE] GE/Jasco 26933 Motion Dimmer Wall Switch Driver

If the use case is there they make sense. I have 5 total in my house. Many more Inovelli dimmers/switchs. Because not every application fits. The other place I have the switch version of the Jasco is the switch on the stairs down to the basement. Because this guy is so fast by the time you turn the corner it's on. However that guy stays in Occupancy mode ALL the time. Then I have a Zooz and an Enerwave in the laundry room keeping the lights on as long as someone is down there. The Zooz also serves to track humidity down there.

My masterbath is similar to yours. The Jasco can't see the whole thing, it's just by the door. So this gets the lights on quick. Then an Aeon 6 in the ceiling seeing the toilet and shower area (shower is pretty open so this works) and humidity for controlling the fan.

I'm crossing my fingers for the HE official app....

I was hoping by the end of this yr, but its almost over.

I still stuck with the good old fan timer. Its just easy enough to hit the button for 15 minutes or w/e and not worry about it.

But I also have a separate fan only, my lights are recessed.

Me too.. I specifically decided to let the occupant decide if a fan "event" occurred and turn ON the fan (switch, in my case.) However, OFF is left to Hubitat: 4 mins after motion stops, the fan will go off.

Took me 3 times reading that and then I laughed.

I'm using this:

So it still handles all "events" by the user turning on a fan and an auto off time.

That made my day.. :smiley:

This driver shows up in the button controller app however, I have not been able to get it to work for Double Tap. Am I missing something?

I never did anything with double taps on this driver. Sorry.

Thanks.

Since the motion dimmer (and switch) don't support double tap in hardware, you likely won't find it in many Hubitat drivers (user or other).

You have options, though.

1. There is a ST driver for it that supports triple tap in software (has to be triple tap, because when in occupancy mode the motion sensor counts as the first "ON" event). You could port that to Hubitat.
  2. You could ask a developer to add it to the driver (make a new user driver that supports it). May/may not have success there.

@jrfarrar

I am seeing Null Pointer errors on this driver and can't seem to figure out why. I know you haven't touched these in awhile and maybe this doesn't affect any functionality but hitting the refresh button doesn't seem to do anything and I suspect this is the reason. any suggestions?

Motion Dimmer:

Motion Switch:

LJ

@jrfarrar

I have confirmed that refresh is not happening at all, not automatically, nor when I hit refresh. If I hit each setting button on the device screen individually the state refreshes. But otherwise not.

LJ

@jrfarrar

It also doesn't seem to be recognizing a Button 1 press. I am trying to build a rule which needs Button 1. Botton 1 press never gets logged.

Sorry, have been busy with work and kids lately. I did nothing with the buttons when I ported it. Something must have changed on the HE side that is no longer compatible with the methods the driver uses. I'll try to take a peek at it.

fixed refresh error on motion dimmer driver. new version in github.

1 Like

What?!? You can’t have a life outside of developing. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thank you for your continuous contributions.

@jrfarrar

I second @aaron. You guys with the development skills I no longer have make these products what they are. I really would appreciate getting Michael Struck's full functionality working. I am in the process of porting over my SmartThings and in a couple of rooms I made use of buttons, Association groups, and the functions setMotionSenseOff() as well as Med, Low, High. Also Used setTimeout(), Occupancy and Vacancy. Most important is button press.

Thanks so much,

LJ

the switch (not dimmer) code was updated too. I've never worked with the buttons and not sure I'll be any help there. Sorry!

Thanks for this driver. Exactly what I needed. Integrated driver does not expose the important features of this switch, which is setting things such as occupancy mode for zero lag pir to switch lights instantly. Thank you for your work.

1 Like