[RELEASE] Fully Kiosk Browser Controller

Not sure what is needed for an unmute, but if it's anything like the volume adjustment, it's over the top. I truly don't understand why 10 commands are needed.

SmartThings is choking on the flurry of commands, then ignoring them. They have some sort of monitor that stops threads they consider "abusive". Volume control is the only thing I don't have working in ST. I'm going to contact Fully to see if there is some way around this issue.

I'll take a look into the mute/unmute. The logic is around what unmute should do when pressed. You have to save the previous volume but one if somebody sets the volume and then you press unmute. It's just a but of logic and thinking that had to go into it. As I would need to add code to volume adjustment as well. It's so much easier if they just set the volume to 0 and restore it to whatever. But will take a stab at it.

As for the volume sending 10 commands. I have to look further into this. I couldn't figure out what channel controlled the volume. It felt like it was switching for me. So I just set them all. It's not like volume is really set often enough to flood it. But I guess ST is different. Hence why I don't want to mess with it. I may just make it a configurable item.

I'll take a stab after work tomorrow. Just been slammed these last few days.

Based upon email below I'm test with 9 and 3 only.

Email from Alexy at Fully regarding streams
an Android device has many audio streams for different purposes. The common stream IDs are as follow.

/** Used to identify the volume of audio streams for phone calls */ public static final int STREAM_VOICE_CALL = 0;

/** Used to identify the volume of audio streams for system sounds */ public static final int STREAM_SYSTEM = 1;

/** Used to identify the volume of audio streams for the phone ring and message alerts */ public static final int STREAM_RING = 2;

/** Used to identify the volume of audio streams for music playback */ public static final int STREAM_MUSIC = 3;

/** Used to identify the volume of audio streams for alarms */ public static final int STREAM_ALARM = 4;

/** Used to identify the volume of audio streams for notifications */ public static final int STREAM_NOTIFICATION = 5;

/** Used to identify the volume of audio streams for phone calls when connected on bluetooth */ public static final int STREAM_BLUETOOTH_SCO = 6;

/** Used to identify the volume of audio streams for enforced system sounds in certain * countries (e.g camera in Japan) */ public static final int STREAM_SYSTEM_ENFORCED = 7;

/** Used to identify the volume of audio streams for DTMF tones */ public static final int STREAM_DTMF = 8;

/** Used to identify the volume of audio streams exclusively transmitted through the * speaker (TTS) of the device */ public static final int STREAM_TTS = 9;

/** Used to identify the volume of audio streams for accessibility prompts */ public static final int STREAM_ACCESSIBILITY = 10;

I hope this helps you to find a proper stream ID.

Alexey

--
Fully Kiosk Solutions for Android
https://www.fully-kiosk.com

Based on my testing
TTS stream is 9
MP3 Sounds is on 2, not 3

What device do you have. On my fire hd I went through each one and noted what changed. Looks like 3,8 and 9. But I can't do them independently.

0 = no change
1 = no change
2 = no change (set system & notification volume)
3 = changed tts/beep (set media volume)
4 = no change (set alarm volume)
5 = no change (set system & notification volume)
6 = no change
7 = no change
8 = changed tts/beep
9 = changed tts/beep
10 = no change

I have Fire HD8s and a old Samsung phone also used for a display in my office. I've been testing on the Samsung, where 2 worked for mp3s and 9 for TTS. Just tried on my Fires and it worked as expected with 2 and 9.

Are you saying the various devices you have use varying streams? That would be a real issue.

I've also tested my version on SmartThings where everything works except Tile sliders, and sound control. This version also allows the device to be used as an Alarm device.

I am having an issue getting the siren and beep working. I have placed the proper sound files in my HD10's Download folder. I am using the following 2 url's.

Tone Audio File URL - file:///sdcard/Download/chime.mp3
Siren Audio File URL - file:///sdcard/Download/siren.mp3

When I press the Siren or Beep button the following error shows on the tablet:

Failed loading sound: Wrong URL or unsupported format?

I just installed the device code today, so it is running v1.10

Any ideas what is wrong?

I’m really not familiar with how paths are handled on Android.

I put the file in the root of my sdcard and this is what I have to use it. This is on my amazon kindle.

You can try move it to the root or add the download in the path.

file:///storage/sdcard1/DoorNotification.mp3

Hopefully that helps.

Perhaps something occurred and the files were compromised? I have some working files documented and linked on the ST side documentation Notes section of this app.

i did the same and im getting the same error message

Something's weird. Format file:///sdcard/Download/siren.mp3 works for me in ST and HE with the files in the Download folder on two Fire HD8s and an Android smartphone.

Just noticed there is a Fully update dated April 30 queued on all my systems. Perhaps it is Fully?

What version of Fully are yu running currently?

BTW, I am using those same MP3's from the ST site.

1 Like

Just updated to Fully v1.31 and the sounds now work. I was running v1.30 before and there was just an update on Friday.

1.30 on the Android
1.29 on the Hd8s

will try updating fully now

im already on the latest ver 1.31

Sometimes I get a 408 return code from fully when issuing a screen brightness change and sometimes I don't:

dev:2572019-06-13 08:21:42.613 pm trace [sendCommandCallback] response.status: 408

dev:2572019-06-13 08:21:42.544 pm debug [sendCommandPost] [uri:http://192.168.1.45:2323/?type=json&password=xxxxxxx&cmd=setStringSetting&key=screenBrightness&value=200, requestContentType:application/json, contentType:application/json]

dev:2572019-06-13 08:21:42.540 pm trace [sendCommandPost] cmdDetails:cmd=setStringSetting&key=screenBrightness&value=200

dev:2572019-06-13 08:21:42.538 pm trace [setScreenBrightness] value:200

dev:2572019-06-13 08:12:15.519 pm trace [sendCommandCallback] response.status: 200

dev:2572019-06-13 08:12:15.089 pm debug [sendCommandPost] [uri:http://192.168.1.45:2323/?type=json&password=xxxxxxx&cmd=setStringSetting&key=screenBrightness&value=1, requestContentType:application/json, contentType:application/json]

dev:2572019-06-13 08:12:15.087 pm trace [sendCommandPost] cmdDetails:cmd=setStringSetting&key=screenBrightness&value=1

dev:2572019-06-13 08:12:15.086 pm trace [setScreenBrightness] value:1

Any suggestions?

Hmm. I'm not on the latest Fully release and I did notice on the Fully site just now (Fully Kiosk Browser Lockdown | Android Kiosk Mode App) that there have been reported issues with screen brightness not working reliably on FireOS. I'll try upgrading to see if it helps but I may have to handle dimming at night a different way.

408 looks like its a timeout issue. The device probably isn't replying in time for whatever reason.

I've really come to not like the Amazon tablets. Especially for this. I wake up every few days with it rebooted with an update, or just not responding to commands or whatever else that I have to reboot it to get it working again. I really notice this as I use it as my door chime.

I can't remember if FKB has dimming built into the app itself (instead of doing it via HE). If it does you may want to use that instead.