[RELEASE] Follow Me - Speaker control with priority messaging, volume controls, voices and sound files!

Running just fine here, use it everyday for a bunch of different announcements.

I just went up and looked at your setup again. I've never used Bigtalker but don't see how it would make a difference. But let's take that out of the equation. Try making a rule in RM to send speech to 'What did I say' and see how that works for you.

Almost all of my speech comes from RM.

OK, I'll give that a try.

To simplify the test further, should I be able to manually enter text into the 'what did I say' device for this to work?

I will also try RM.

New version on Github...

V1.0.7 - 04/02/19 - More minor tweaks. Added import URL

Tried using RM to send speaker message but came through on the Front Room speaker regardless as to whether the virtual switch was on or off to activate the speaker. Really can't understand why this should not work for me.

New version on Github...

V1.0.8 - 04/02/19 - App now sends speaker status to the driver, can be displayed on dashboards

Follow%20me-what%20did%20I%20say

Is it only me that seems to be having problems!

I thought I would reinstall the app after the latest update and I find that I now can't install.

I try to install the Parent App and fails as I get the following error message:-

Metadata Error: Parent App 'BPTWorld:Follow Me' not found on line 53

Look like there was a problem when I updated it this morning. Go grab the code again.

Thanks

I have managed to install but still not working for me.

By the way, do I need to reinstall the 'What Did I Say' device?

When I change the switch that activates the speaker I can't see any status of the speaker in my 'What Did I Say' dashboard tile.

Yes, I posted an update this morning.

Finally I seem to have it working as far as the speaker activation is concerned, however the status indication of the speaker is not.

I have updated the 'What Did I Say' virtual device and reallocated my tile in the dashboard. Should I be connecting to a different attribute for Speaker Status?

Glad you to hear you got it working.

To see the speaker status on the dashboard, you should be using the attributes speakerStatus1 through 4 depending on how many speakers to display (5 per tile).

Those attributes are not available to me for some reason.

Try existing out of the dashboard completely. Then go walk around the house triggering all of your speakers. Then load the dashboard back up.

For custom attributes to show up, they have to be triggered once before they will show up. Just something I've noticed with any attribute.

OK Thanks, I have noticed that with other devices, I'll do a bit of a walk around to activate the various room speakers. I am using the Room Manager app to identify when a room is occupied to activate the speaker.

Still not getting that attribute, Get the below error in the log

dev:6122019-04-03 04:14:14.231 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method put() on null object on line 296 (sendFollowMeSpeaker)

dev:6122019-04-03 04:14:14.123 pm debugIn sendFollowMeSpeaker...sName: Livingroom Speaker - sStatus: true

dev:6122019-04-03 04:14:14.121 pm debugWhat Did I Say - Received new speaker status - Livingroom Speaker:true

dev:6122019-04-03 04:13:47.223 pm errorjava.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method put() on null object on line 296 (sendFollowMeSpeaker)

dev:6122019-04-03 04:13:47.133 pm debugIn sendFollowMeSpeaker...sName: Livingroom Speaker - sStatus: true

dev:6122019-04-03 04:13:47.126 pm debugWhat Did I Say - Received new speaker status - Livingroom Speaker:true

dev:6122019-04-03 04:13:36.591 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_BPTWorld_What_Did_I_Say_677.initialize() is applicable for argument types: () values: [] Possible solutions: installed() (initialize)

Update to the latest version of 'What Did I Say' please.

1 Like

Thanks! Now the Speaker Status attribute shows up.

1 Like

YES! lol

Glad to hear it's working!

I am getting the following error message in my log in relation to the follow me child task 'Master Bedroom Display'.

java.lang.NullPointerException: Cannot invoke method multiply() on null object on line 425 (lastSpokenHandler)

I can see the speaker becoming active, identified in the 'What Did I Say' tile, as well as the status of the speaker changing to 'Speaking', however I get no message coming out of the speaker.

Please update to the latest version.

V1.1.0 - 04/04/19 - More tweaks