[RELEASE] Follow Me - Speaker control with priority messaging, volume controls, voices and sound files!

I'm experiencing very strange problem in the new version.
I can't pass input validation stage for the virtual speaker selection. When I select a virtual speaker with required "What Did I Say" type the app don't allow me to save the child(red frame around selection). I've even created another virtual speaker with the same required type, but it also can't be validated.
Also if Message Priority selector is on, the same input validation problem with two other choices: Speaker Volume for Medium and High Priorities.

Edit: Actually I can't pass validation on any parameter. When I click save all the required parameters are shown with red frame. All the parameters have values which are correct and should be validated.

If you miss any required fields, all required fields will get that red frame. That's a HE thing not something I can control.

I literally changed one word with this release, a 'false' to a 'true', to allow multiple switches. Nothing else has changed. I just created a new child multiple times without issue. My guess is that you are indeed missing one of the required fields. If the problem persists, please take screenshots showing the entire child.

Thanks

Since I was looking at this anyway, might as well add in some features that I've been working on. :grin:

New version on Github...

V1.2.0 - 06/26/19 - Added more sound options. Gave voice and sound options their own pages and added Test buttons to each.

Hi Bryan,
I don't know what have happened, but input validation is working now with exactly the same input parameters as before.
I've installed the latest version and it looks like something is broken. I see two errors in the log

WhatDidISay
dev:18282019-06-26 14:48:09.991 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_BPTWorld_What_Did_I_Say_983.playTextAndRestore() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, null) values: [[F1]Office Motion started at 14:48;[F2]Office Motion begins at 14:48, ...] Possible solutions: playTextAndRestore(java.lang.Object) (playTextAndRestore)

Follow Me Child
app:15822019-06-26 14:42:59.721 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_app_BPTWorld_Follow_Me_Child_643.textToSpeech() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.util.ArrayList) values: [This is a test, [Joanna]] on line 742 (appButtonHandler)

The error with the child app is fixed...

V1.2.1 - 06/26/19 - Fixed problem with testing Random Voice

Looks like I'm getting an error in 'What did I say' too. Doesn't seem to effect speaking as all my announcements are going through. Will have to dig in and figure it out. :grinning:

Strange. In my case it affects speaking and no sound is coming with the error in the log. I tried both Google Home and Alexa speakers.
Here is the simple rule for testing

dev:18282019-06-26 15:53:48.180 errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_BPTWorld_What_Did_I_Say_983.playTextAndRestore() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, null) values: [[F2]Office Motion begins at 15:53, null]

Edit:
Your new very convenient Voice Testing feature doesn't work with Alexas

dev:15842019-06-26 15:59:32.099 warnUh-Oh... The playTrack() Command is NOT Supported by this Device!!!

@aryvin, Ok go ahead and open each child app and hit 'Done' to resave it.

You're using Echo's with Speech Synth? I only support Echo's using the 'Echo Speaks' app, which uses the 'Music Player' option.

I've reopened child app and resaved it, but it didn't help. Same error message in the log when True action in my test rule is called.
I'm using Echo's with Echo Speaks app, and there is no choice in Voice testing option.

Ok, now you're really confusing me, which isn't too hard these days. If you're using 'Music Player' option you shouldn't be able to see the voice options. Are you saying you can? If you have 'music player' selected and CAN see the voice options, please post a screenshot so I can fix it.

Again, voices and sound are only available when using 'Speech Synth' as stated in the first post...

• Change the Voice based on message priority (speechSynth only)
  • Send a sound file prior to speaking the message (speechSynth only)
  • Ability to Test each sound/voice (speechSynth only)

Thanks

Bryan,
I'm not trying to confuse you :slight_smile:
Probably I must make myself more clear. I'm not talking about the main child app interface when there is a choice between 'Speech Synth' and Music Player. If I select the Music Player only echo devices appear in the select list.
I'm talking about just the New window for voice testing that you implemented today. In this window both Echo and Google speakers currently appear, so if you are not supporting Echo Speakers in Speech Synth mode you should remove them from the selection choice.

Hopefully you'll be able to find the reason of the error I posted before.

Again, you can only see those options if you choose 'speech synth'. The new window isn't even visible if you choose 'Music player'. Please show me a screenshot of your child app.

I can confirm that I see voice select and testing option only in speech synth mode, but echo speakers in the list for speech testing appear anyway, but probably should not

Ok, I've added some wording in the speaker selection section to hopefully stop any confusion. There is a NOTE for each selection, Speech Synth and Music Player.

example:

If one chooses to try echo devices with Speech Synth then there isn't anything I can do about it. Errors will happen.

Hope this helps. :sunglasses:

Just saw this error for the first time:

dev:4492019-07-06 08:27:49.067 am errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: user_driver_BPTWorld_What_Did_I_Say_385.initialize() is applicable for argument types: () values: Possible solutions: installed() (initialize)

Only thing I can think of that I changed was the latest update.

I should have a new version out today. Hopefully that will fix it. :grinning:

1 Like

New version on Github...

V1.2.3 - 07/06/19 - Complete rewrite of the speech handler. Should handle volume restore better on devices that support it.

3 Likes

Hi,

I have updated followme to the latest version and found I can't setup the 'Message Priority Feature' settings. I have setup some google home devices as 'Speaker Synth' devices but find I can't setup priority voices etc.

I have tried removing completely and then re-applying the app but to no avail.

Can you show me some screenshots of how you setup the speaker portion please? Do you not see the Speech Options section at all?

Thanks

Perfect, thanks.

New version on Github...

V1.2.4 - 07/16/19 - Fixed problem with Speech Synth options.