[RELEASE] Follow Me Driver

Since drivers do not retain their import links the way that apps do, is there anyway you could put the github link at the top of the driver in the comments? This would make importing new version a lot simpler. Instead of having to go find the raw page in github again, you could just copy/paste the link from the driver's own text.

4 Likes

New version on Github...

V1.1.0 - 04/05/19 - Added importUrl to driver header. Added speaker status to 'Reset All Data' switch

2 Likes

New version on Github...

V1.1.2 - 04/12/19 - Fixed length of message typo

New version on Github...

V1.1.4 - 06/09/19 - Code changes to better handle priority messages

Please take a good look at how things are working after updating. This was a huge change to the message priority section. Getting ready for some new goodies in 'Follow Me'! :sunglasses:

New version on github...

V1.1.5 - 07/15/19 - Minor code changes

New version on Github...

V1.1.6 - 07/22/19 - Found bug in priority handling. '%20'is replaced with ' ' in any speech received.

I'm creating a dashboard and wanted a tile to have the last set of notification messages spoken. After I install the driver and create the device, do I select it in a RM rule Notification Devices, Speech Device or Music device?

That would be Speech Device.

It seems I'm tripping over something:

18%20AM

Sorry about that, try the new version.

New Version on github...

V1.1.7 - 07/22/19 - Second try at fixing bug in priority handling.

It seems to be working now! What's the largest font setting?

Awesome! There is no set range in the driver, so whatever you want to put in the font setting should work.

New version on Github...

V1.1.8 - 07/27/19 - '%5B'is replaced with '[' and '%5D'is replaced with ']' in any speech received.

Good one!! I posted a pull request for the Google Assistant Relay drivers. [CC] is used in that driver all the time. Never thought of it being "urlerized" to something different. Nice one!

Getting the following error on hub reboot.

I don't actually see the initialize method in the driver. Doesn't it have to include that?

Thanks, I added it in.

@storageanarchy, I added in deviceNotification but not sure if it's what you need. I couldn't find much info about it. Please check it out and let me know.

New version on Github...
V1.1.9 - 08/03/19 - Added initialize section, added deviceNotification

New version on Github...

V2.0.0 - 08/04/19 - Changed up how speech is handled and sent to 'Follow Me'. Thanks to @storageanarchy for teaching me some new tricks!

NOTE: This version will be needed for the next release of 'Follow Me' 2.0.0 and above

Can I ask, and I mean no disrespect - but does this app add any strain to the HE device.
I assume it is just caching the text and displaying it on a tile, but does it take up any resources doing that ?

Every app/device puts a little more overhead on the hub. How much, nobody can answer. We don't have any kind of tools that would show us what each app/device adds to the system.

If you're asking if this app will slow down your hub then the answer is no.

1 Like

thanks brian

1 Like