[RELEASE] Fibaro Smart Implant FGBS-222

Thank you for the quick reply.
So does that mean that indeed the analog child is only meant to report the voltage, and nothing else?
I tried configuring the minimal change to report and also the periodical reports, but they never get through, only when I click refresh.
I tried including the device again using S0 authentication and had the same problem.
I have a C7 by the way.
@christi999 any chance you could help me further by pm? don't want to clog the thread with stupid questions, this is my first time wiring a sensor like this. Thank you

This is how I wired it:

Red wire to +24 (8), Blue wire to GND(6), Green Wire to OUT2 (-). I tried the green wire to out2 (+) but it was giving me a constant voltage.
I programmed the gate for OUT2 to become "on" when the gate is open, which reflects with the 2v, and 20v when off.
I don't understand what should I be doing differently.
Thank you again!

Yes, you could still link actions to it when you get a report. I never used it that way personally, I use polling.

Was the input set to "analog input"? That was working fine when I tested them, you can enable the debug log and check the logs to see the reports sent by the implant.

If it were me, I would connect a 24V DC mini relay ( I assume that's what is coming out of the OUT terminals) between OUT +/OUT- and connect the relay contacts to the implant input and ground.

I also thought the implant input was limited to 10V, just wondering if 24V could damage the implant?

Anybody here using the implant on a C7 hub?
I'm starting to think that my issues with reporting might be related to the hub and not the device or drivers

I just bought 2 of these smart implant, 1 worked fine, with parring mode blinking yellow after 3 clicks. But the other one just starts of by blinking blue, and I can never get it in pairing mode... any suggestions?

Is the device defective? I cant find fibaro support mail anywhere

Did you try resetting to factory defaults (https://manuals.fibaro.com/content/manuals/en/FGBS-222/FGBS-222-EN-T-v1.2.pdf:

7.4: Resetting to factory defaults
Reset procedure allows to restore the device back to its factory settings,
which means all information about the Z-Wave controller and
user configuration will be deleted.
i Resetting the device is not the recommended way of
removing the device from the Z-Wave network. Use reset
procedure only if the primary controller is missing or
inoperable. Certain device removal can be achieved by the
procedure of removing described.

1. Press and hold the button to enter the menu.
  2. Release button when the device glows yellow.
  3. Quickly click the button to confirm.
  4. After few seconds the device will be restarted, which is signalled
    with the red colour.

Yes, it turns solid yellow, and afterwards nothing... if i powercycle it flashes blue again :frowning:

That doesn't sound good. Blue is not even a code color they mention...

@christi999 Recently I had some issues with the open/close status of my gate. It's strange as it was working fine for a long time and stopped working somewhere in August for both my smart implants...

Today I decided that I will reinstall those, so I updated all drivers to the newest ones you uploaded. I deleted and excluded my smart implants and included them again. Now I don't see 7 child devices only 4 and they are named generic component button controller.... Any thoughts?

It looks like you might be using the built-in driver instead of mine. Change the driver to mine and then press the "reinstall" button.

i was having trouble with the one i bought too it just shows me 68deg f for the internal temp sensor and nothing else works ( but i can link it and see it in HE)

i dug around but finally found it
i sent them an email on the 28th and got a reply that they received the email then an automated one with an account creation ( FIBARO Customer Care user activation)
its the 31st and nothing yet
an agent has been assigned the ticket too i can see her name and even reply to the ticket.......so i hope it helps

"support@fibaro.com" support@fibaro.com

It's seems its picking those automatically now.
Done the reinstall but receiving an error.
Screenshot 2020-10-31 at 13.22.29

Hmm.. maybe enable logging, "reinstall" again and post the log here...

And just so everybody knows, there seems to be a problem with reporting on the C7 hub, I was told by hubitat support it would be fixed on 2.24. So if that's the issue you're having, then don't bother trying to fix for now

One smart implant is working again.
The second implant:

• child switch is working
  • digital input status current states is empty
  • analog input, the voltage values are changing by closing or opening the gate

Any idea why current states is empty? (input operating mode set to Normally open alarm input)

No but did you correct the problem from your previous post?

Best way to track the problem is to enable debug logging and check for errors/missing messages there (when doing a "reinstall", "configure" or open/close the gate...).

Also, did you check the wiring of the contact?

yes, I deleted the smart implant again. Afterwards again included.
By default the system selects the other smart implant.
So I had to manually switch the type to "Fibaro FGBS-222 Smart Implant" -> Save Device > Reinstall "yes"
This time no error message.

For the logs I opened the gate by Output 1 -> checked analog input 2 and voltage changed -> opened digital input 2 and states is empty -> closed the gate by Output 1

The wiring is ok, as analog shows gate closed as 0 V and opened as 11.34 V

The only other thing I can think of at the moment is that the input is not configured correctly, that happens sometimes (e.g. buffer overruns in bad radio conditions), Did you check the log when doing a "configure" to make sure the implant acknowledged correctly all the configuration parameters?

Howdy @christi999, thanks for writing this driver pack.

I got a Smart Implant today (replacing a zConnect which wouldn't behave) and I've hooked it up and installed your drivers over the top of the official ones (from HPM and then using the re-install option).

It's connected to my Garage Door Motor and a single Normally Open Magnetic Security Contact Sensor. Despite configuring "Input/Output 1 - Local Device Protection?" to option 2 and setting Auto-Off to 5 (1/2 a second), Closing my Garage door still results in Digital Output 1 being set to Closed, instead of acting as a de-coupled momentary switch.

Digital Input 1 is working perfectly and shows contact : closed / open as it should using "normally open alarm input".

Any Ideas?

EDIT: I used the Basic Zwave tool to take a look and found that some config is not being set:

ConfigurationReport- parameterNumber:156, size:2, value:0
ConfigurationReport- parameterNumber:157, size:2, value:0

I then forced it to

ConfigurationReport- parameterNumber:156, size:2, value:5
ConfigurationReport- parameterNumber:157, size:2, value:5

But the Local Device protection doesnt seem to be configured via zwave parameters (from what I read in the manual) and I cant find a way to force this setting.

Hmm, after doing another reinstall (using the button), the output is staying off, however it's not triggering my garage door either (and yes I double checked I'm using OUT1.

If make a dashboard switch and press it, it sits there saying sending and nothing happens.

I have a few implants but don't use the outputs. Do you use native driver ?