[RELEASE] Eufy Security (Abandoned)

Some weird (to me) things seem to be happening...

Looks like since I wrote the driver for the wired doorbell and the wired doorbell also acts like it's own station with a guard mode, it isn't handling the wireless doorbell correctly, which has the guard mode on the home base station. I pushed a fix in v0.0.4 that should handle the doorbell not having a guard mode properly. Let me know if that fixes the errors and presence problem.

1 Like

@amosyuen -- it worked! Great stuff, thanks for your work again!

Feature enhancement

This is just a thought, but since you are creating a device for the camera device could that device include the ability to be a virtual motion device. This would allow integration with something like the Tiny Cam app. I was testing and having good success with that application to bring motion events for the camera from my motion server into Hubitat.

3 Likes

Second that!

Unfortunately hubitat doesn't support UDP sockets or UDP requests with multiple responses. And looks like it's fairly low priority Persistent UDP - Feature Requests - Hubitat. So it looks like I won't be able to support:

• Write commands to devices connected directly to a station (outdoor cameras and wireless doorbells)
  • Motion device
  • Push notifications
1 Like

Understood, but what i am asking for is not that you receive motion detentions as part of your app but allow the capability to be on the devices like the virtual motion sensor that is currently avaliable. Then i could use a external event to send the command to activate motion on the virtual device.

The purpose would be to eliminate having two devices in hubitat for motion detection with one Eufy device like I would need right now. I can get motion detection into Hubitat with a smartapp called TinyCam Connector. That software simply listens on a webhook for the motion trigger from a remote device that monitors the camera. As the software name indicates it was written to use with the Android App Tiny Cam Pro, but can also take a webhook from any software that will hit the correct URL. I actually have Motion Eye on my unraid server triggering the event. It has actually been working well for some time since i set it up. Once the webhook it called it then well send the state to any Virtual motion device setup. If we could enable the Motion capabilty on your driver then instead of building a second virtual device, i could just point it to the device your driver creates.

3 Likes

Ah, thanks for clarifying what you meant. I'm worried that it might be confusing for other users to have a virtual motion ability that is meant to be controlled by some other app.

Having two different devices doesn't seem too bad in terms of user experience in dashboards and UIs, and might be good in the sense that it clearly separates out the two different data sources.

Hi @amosyuen,

I've noticed that you use capability "Battery" for Cams and Bases - but I cannot see/get any battery values... :thinking:

So... Are you planing to integrate the battery values in the near future (for the Cams it would make sense) - or is this just a false declaration in the driver code?

It's not supported yet but plan to add it once I figure out the correct values

1 Like

Just released v0.05 which sets the battery value now

2 Likes

Wow, that's great! :+1: :beers:

AWESOME - A gift @amosyuen Thank you so much.

Installed through HPM, not issues.

Connected up easily - found all 12 devices!

Has created 10 devices, but nothing for the Door/Window Sensors is to be expected?

Anyway to get the Door/Window Sensors working?

For the record it looks like the following were detected and Devices were created successfully and appear to be working

2k Battery Doorbell
eufyCam 2 (365 Day Battery)
2k Cam Pan & Tilt
2k Indoor Cam

Entry Sensor - detected on install but no devices created

I haven't created a driver for door/window sensors. Unfortunately I don't have any so can't test myself, but if you're willing to be a guinea pig I can write one based on other code out there and you can test for me. Since the updates ar polling though, the sensors will be a bit delayed.

I also don't have any indoor cameras, can you verify whether the capabilities listed in the first post ([RELEASE] Eufy Security (Alpha) - Community Apps - Hubitat) work for the indoor cameras?

Absolutely, more than happy to.

Will do.

Will return shortly

First of all it detected ALL Eufy Security devices in the house:-

I tested some controls on the Camera 2's and not entirely sure they are working.

I can turn OFF the Camera 2, I can see in the log that OFF has been passed to the Camera.

Kill iOS Eufy Security App and restart app and Camera is ON.

Same happens vice versa.

Same test with HE Device showing Camera is ON with Motion Detection OFF.

Same again with iOS App The Camera Settings are NOT reflecting the HE device Settings.
Battery level inDevice is the same as the Battery level on device.

Switching Camera to Surveillance from Battery on the Device settings has not impact on the Device.

Indoor Pan and Tilt Camera
The Camera has three settings for Detection - Person, Pet and All other motion, the DEVICE has only two settings Human and All.
The Pan & Tilt is only USB powered so has no Power Settings - but the DEVICE does.
Most of the controls in the DEVICE appear to have no impact on the Camera settings at all

For Indoor Cameras - Pan & Tilt

• Turn on or off - No
  • Get battery - Yes - It is showing current battery level (at time of initial install at least)
  • Get and set audio recording setting -No
  • Get and set motion detection setting - no
  • Get and set dection type setting - no
  • Get and set dection sensitivity setting - no
  • Get and set power mode setting - No (not relevant for USB powered devices)
  • Get and set record clip length setting - no
  • Get and set record retrigger interval setting - no
  • Get and set snooze - no

I am going to uninstall the Eufy Security HE App and devices and start form the beginning again to be sure.

OK Re-installed EUFY Security App.

Found all 12 devices I added only one of each type.

First I checked

Camera 2 House Approach

The HE Device reports Camera is OFF - EUFY App shows ON

**** Hang on The Camera is now showing as OFF

SO it is working - it can just take a very long time for EUF App to show it.

Retesting Indoor cams

Trying to set attributes through hubitat for Cam2's and other devices that are directly connected to a hub have known problems. Unfortunately this is a limitation on the eufy API. Reading attributes should work though.

Devices connected through wifi should generally work. But the indoor camera may use different codes for their params.

Ok at least getting Battery levels - I'll create a graph to see if they are being updated.

If they are that will be helpful so I can setup an alert when they are getting low if nothing else.

1 Like