[RELEASE] Error Monitor - Keep an eye out for errors that may pop up in the log

I'll need to see a debug log.

So in other words, all of us. :wink:

1 Like

I’m seeing ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException in the logs for the device every time it tries to run. I had debug logging turned on for the app, which didn’t show any messages, but alas, I didn’t have logging turned on for the device. I’ll try to post more the next time it occurs.

1 Like

Please download the latest version and keep the debug logging on for the device. Post back with another screenshot of the log.

Thanks

edit: Found the issue, just need to fix it! lol

2 Likes

I had to turn logging on for both app and device. Just letting things run for a bit. To general some info

Whats the added overhead of this app as i have 200. Devices and a fairly busy log?

I have about 250 devices and haven't seen any issues. Try it and let me know!

New version available...

1.0.2 - 04/03/22 - Adjustments

Ok.will do thanks

what are the options in the notification.. does it automatically tell you the device or do i need to put in something like %device%

ignore this i though the description was for the notification.. it appears just for the name of the app. sorry

1 Like

So I have discovered something that explains why I am not getting notifications.

Can this be switchable?

1 Like

@bptworld

While @kahn-hubitat last post, the device name is not in the notification, but the device id is. Can this be added to the message? Not all messages point to the device.

Since the message is actually in the app, it may be possible with some code to get the device name but not easily since the device api only seems to support device name as the search item. Getid is not documented, but available. Oh well.

Thanks in advance for your assistance,
Alan

1 Like

got test notification but didn't get actual notification in logs..

cannot retest and give you debugging. as working now..
will turn on debugging permanently and send you logs if i get an error again.

could it be because error is coming from app. ie no device ? Fricking honeywell home app.

New version available...

1.0.3 - 04/04/22 - Added option for repeating errors

1 Like

Thank you!

1 Like

Seemed to be working well for a while, but for the most recent error, I got the ArrayIndexOutOfBoundsException again.

Obligatory log dump, in reverse order. Error started at 12:20:25.802 pm:

Summary

1 Like

Bryan prefers we give him logs captured from a PC, mobile app logs are much more tedious to work with.

Also, pro-tip: Can you hide your log caps using the "Hide Details" option so that others (especially mobile users) don't have to scroll through screen caps they may not want/need to see? Highlight the caps and then make this selection.

Looks like this:

Summary

Stuff that is hidden

4 Likes

New version available...

1.0.5 - 04/05/22 - Fixed an issue with makeList

3 Likes

I get the first error message successfully, but subsequent ones seem to fail. I wondered if something was mismatched during the upgrades, so I deleted the app and device and recreated them, but no luck:

Summary

New version available...

1.0.6 - 04/06/22 - rinse and repeat

1 Like