[DEPRECATED] Echo Speaks

You are in the right area with the Music Player. Try a setting of 50 and use the setVolume option. Even though you speak a number between 1-9, it understands 1-99 with the driver.

Look at the documentation for the setVolumeSpeakAndRestore() commands
https://tonesto7.github.io/echo-speaks-docs/#/docs/devices/deviceCommands/speechCommands

In the Music Player drop down, there is only "Raise Volume" and "Lower Volume", no Set Volume. I have also being trying to see about the CustomCommand thing, but I can't seem to figure out how to use the CustomCommand after creating it in RM.

You can select custom commands in the "Select Actions" in the true/false part of the rule.

Awesome!

creating custom commands is not working for me. I created the custom command for setVolumeSpeakAndRestore. When I click on the "Save command now" I get a null window and not a added command window. Must be something with the Echo Speaks app code.

This may take a bit to diagnose. Would it be possible for you to post the screen shot just before you select "Save command now" and the logs of what happened after you select it?

Did you set values for the parameters?

If you follow the link that both Tony and I posted, it'll show you what values and ranges you can put in for the parameters.

I made a lot of head way today on the local server stuff. I just need to make some modifications to the app to send the server what it needs.

If the wife doesn't keep me to busy this weekend I should be able to hopefully wrap this up by sunday.

4 Likes
An unexpected error has occurred trying to load the app. Check Logs for more information.
Error: No signature of method: com.hubitat.hub.executor.AppExecutor.error() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.RuntimeException) values: [getAccessToken Exception, java.lang.RuntimeException: OAuth is not enabled for this App] Possible solutions: render(), getLog(), now(), every(), iterator(), grep()

the log...

groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: com.hubitat.hub.executor.AppExecutor.error() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.RuntimeException) values: [getAccessToken Exception, java.lang.RuntimeException: OAuth is not enabled for this App]
Possible solutions: render(), getLog(), now(), every(), iterator(), grep() on line 2042 (startPage)

Got this error on adding the App, I think I did everything correctly?

You need to go to the app code, and select the Oauth and update. Then go to install it again.

1 Like

Thanks, working now.

1 Like

Hi @tonesto7,

Wonder if you can help with this, maybe something I've done (not sure) but appears periodically in the logs.

app:42972019-01-20 01:54:39.796 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: app1547986389366464971794.timeOfDayIsBetween() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, java.lang.String, java.util.Date, sun.util.calendar.ZoneInfo) values: [2019-01-20T09:00:00.000+0000, 2019-01-20T23:00:00.000+0000, ...] on line 1533 (healthCheck)

Any help would be appreciated.

Cheers
Roy

That’s a new one :expressionless:

Maybe PM a screenshot of the app settings page for the app itself (the one where you can see the state data)

Specifically I’m looking for settings related to the quiet time for the notifications.

@tonesto7

Hi Tony, seeing numerous errors in the log whenever my roav viva actually comes on line. I dont know if the roav viva supports this function or not, but im guessing not.

This error on a first generation echo - I think it may correlate to around I shut the mic off on because it kept triggering while I was watching startrek (yes the wakeword is computer)

The echo speaks app seems to continue to log as well even though I have debug logging switch off.

And last but not least can a method be added to silence the device offline warning logs? They are a tad excessive when multiple devices are offline.

All in all I think Echo Speaks is fantastic, thank you for taking the time to port and support on this side as well. I for one am very grateful.

I see that it is cross platform now... How is this installed for HE ? I only see the ST install instructions.

You basically follow the same instructions. It definitely helps to have previous ST experience as well as some Hubitat experience. For those who have used both platforms extensively, it is pretty obvious how to translate instructions designed for ST into Hubitat.

1 Like

@tonesto7 (and all others who’ve helped get this app to where it is)

Thank you so much for your work. This has been working perfectly for us, and I haven’t been worrying if TTS is going to work or not since installing it.

1 Like

I have it installed and Heroku setup. But the app does not see any Alexa Devices.

No Devices Available