[DEPRECATED] Echo Speaks

I have it installed and Heroku setup. But the app does not see any Alexa Devices.

No Devices Available

Here is what im seeing now in the logs...

app:7182019-01-20 11:48:14.560 pm errorgroovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: com.hubitat.hub.executor.AppExecutor.error() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, groovy.lang.MissingMethodException) values: [echoDevicesResponse Exception, groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: com.hubitat.hub.executor.AppExecutor.error() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, groovy.lang.MissingMethodException) values: [receiveEventData Error:, groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: com.hubitat.hub.executor.AppExecutor.error() is applicable for argument types: (java.lang.String, com.hubitat.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException) values: [AddDevice Error! , com.hubitat.app.exception.UnknownDeviceTypeException: Device type 'Echo Speaks Device' in namespace 'tonesto7' not found] Possible solutions: render(), getLog(), now(), every(), iterator(), grep()] Possible solutions: render(), getLog(), now(), every(), iterator(), grep()] Possible solutions: render(), getLog(), now(), every(), iterator(), grep() on line 1086 (echoDevicesResponse)

app:7182019-01-20 11:48:14.455 pm debugCreating NEW Echo Speaks Device!!! | Device Label: (Echo - Echo1)

You will need to install the device driver code as well.

Thank you, Sir. That worked.

1 Like

Thanks for reporting these I will try to address them for next release

I just figured I would point this out. You can trigger Alexa routines with the execute automation I'd command.

https://alexa.amazon.com/api/behaviors/automations

Will give you access to ids. Works well for triggering my routines. I only have utterances setup. I do not know how it will work for other trigger types. However I am not sure it matters so much. Not intended for prime time yet. But could work for some.

Also tony mentioned something on the other forum that I believe would basically let you string together whatever you want direct from hubitat. This is really an awesome integration.

2 Likes

Wow... I just about have the local server stuff wrapped up (What a nightmare, hopefully I didn't break anything)
I know this will be ready for deployment (I promise)

4 Likes

Iโ€™m still on track for a release tonight just waiting to hear back from a couple testers.
I need to finish editing the change log

This one had a lot of bug fixes and some useful new features as well as local server for hubitat only.

As it stands right now Iโ€™m not writing up any documentation on how to install the server local but anybody that knows how to install a node package should be a brainer.

2 Likes

Just pushed it up... Please let me know if I broke something :wink:

3 Likes

Loving the trackImageHtml for the dash!! Awesome :slight_smile:

Cheers Tony!

Roy

1 Like

Your welcome that was at the request of @cwwilson08

1 Like

Everyone should really look at the new executeSequenceCommand() itโ€™s very powerful

:heart_eyes::heart_eyes: very nice!!

Just installed for the first time, and running well.

The Device Test page announcement and broadcast tests don't work though, which confused me a bit, but devices themselves working fine.

Really nice, thanks!

Need you to elaborate more because the test pages work fine for me on every test.

On the broadcast test page /installedapp/configure/419/mainPage/deviceTestPage/broadcastPage

when I do a broadcast, to one or many devices, nothing happens, and nothing appears in the logs (with trace logging on)

On the announcement test page /installedapp/configure/419/mainPage/deviceTestPage/announcePage

nothing is announced, and I get the log message:

[app:419](http://10.0.0.30/logs#app419)2019-01-23 02:10:18.759 pm [debug](http://10.0.0.30/installedapp/configure/419)test

All my devices are Echo Dots.

@tonesto7 This is great and I really appreciate all your effort. AFAIK, everything is actually working, except the three tests.

None of those speak. Here's a log from the Sequence Creator Test:

Everything I've tried from RM or other speech apps (plus commands from the device page) work fine.

One other question: I have Echo Speaks on both HE and ST. Just because it was the path of least resistance, I installed two Heroku apps, one for each. Should HE and ST be able to share a single Heroku app?

Just released...

2 Likes

In theory it would work. It's more difficult because the current design only has a single callBackUrl

1 Like

Just released

2 Likes