[DEPRECATED] Echo Speaks

Anyone know what this error means? I keep getting it when trying to do TTS when someone gets home.

2019-10-13 06:14:26.709 pm errorEcho (v3.1.0.2) | getPlaybackState | Improperly formatted request sent to Amazon | Msg: Bad Request

Just reported a bug where the 'run only once per day' doesn't work. I wanted to have a TTS said only once per day when there is motion first thing in the morning. Sadly, it keeps repeating.

Thanks for reporting. I will investigate

1 Like

Has the option to use button trigger been taken out? I can see it here as option Configuration - Echo SpeaksDocumentation but when I go to do it in the app it is not there.

Yeah sorry about that. It was added to list but it never made it into the code logic. I will try to get it added into the upcoming release.

1 Like

Oh that sucks as that is exactly what I need atm.

Unless you have better idea on how I can achive what I am trying to do? I am trying to have a button on dashboard that when selected will play music playlist on echo dots around the house. With out the button the only way I have found (which I think is a bit over complicated) is to have a virtual switch fire a virtual dimmer which is then sent the action to Echo Speaks to do the Spotify search.

Using the dimmer was the only real thing could find that worked, having a button would make it a lot easier.

Using a single virtual switch with Es actions should work. You can even have it turn the switch off

1 Like

Holy shit I am blind! I looked all over for it and was right there. Think I just skimmed over it cause had Outlets first.

Thanks mate!

2 Likes

I worried that might be confusing

Just another question, is there a particular way the spotify search works? For example I search Australian top 100 and says can not find anything. Would of thought that would be a pretty easy search?

EDIT: never mind, seems to just be very specific as Australia top 100 worked just not with Australian

1 Like

Always try searching on Spotify directly first, found a few of mine which wouldnt work. Artists are way better though :+1:

1 Like

Ok, I think I am all screwed up. I upgraded and now echo speaks won’t recognize any of my devices. I believe followed all the Instructions properly. So, I tried uninstalling the devices and app and starting fresh. Still no luck recognize my devices in the app. The devices are actually getting created in the device list but the app is not recognizing them. I did miss two rules which contained echo speaks actions on them when I started all this upgrade. Perhaps that screwed something up during the upgrade.

Any help would appreciated.

LJ

EDIT: Echo Speaks is throwing this error. Don't know if this helps? don't know how to interpret this.

Make sure to install the web socket device

thanks for getting back to me. I didn't see this in the instructions. Can you point me to the instruction on how to do that. Maybe i am just being a bit "thick". Perhaps it should be obvious. I will keep looking for that.

LJ

It’s not in the instructions yet because this is still in beta. Being in the beta should imply that you know how to find and install code.
Just look at the beta repo and locate the new driver and the new zone app and install them both.

Sorry, Didn't intend to be in beta. I just went to the github. Perhaps i downloaded the wrong thing. I will check into your suggestion. Thanks.

Thanks for the link, What I did to get to the code installed is simple go to the original RELEASE version page above in this thread. The documentation link above takes you to the 3.1 code but doesn't include links to the WS and the Zones Child Apps. that might confuse others because it seems mixed. Just letting you know.

LJ

Per developer's request, this topic will be closed. For further discussions, please check out the following topic:

https://community.hubitat.com/t/release-echo-speaks-v3-actions/