Big thanks to @cwwilson08 for motivating me to work on the port which ended up running great on Hubitat
- Creates virtual Echo Devices for every physical device.
- Make Alexa announcements based on any Hubitat event.
- Play music/sounds based on an event (eg, when someone arrives)
- Trigger weather/traffic reports, jokes, fun facts, sing songs, stories, get calendar events,
- Create Alarms or Reminders based on any Hubitat event
- Many other Alexa features.
- There is ~50 custom commands available
Apps like Rule Machine/WebCoRE are currently the only apps to be able to fully utilize the more advanced features like music searching and creating Alarms/timers.
Please contact us if you have any questions about how the devices work or integrating
into your work.
V2.2.0 (January 15th, 2019):
- UPDATED: The Code is now 100% Cross-Platform ready for SmartThings and Hubitat!
- FIXED: Update Notifications are now off when you disable them.
- FIXED: Reduced missed poll notifications. The app will attempt to re-initiate the data updates 1 time before alerting you.
- FIXED: Many, many bug fixes. So many that it leads me to wonder how the app even worked at all.
- UPDATED: UI flow and layout updates and reorganization.
- UPDATED: Added Device and Server Version to head section on the main page for easy viewing of installed versions.
- ADDED: The supported device is now dynamic and the update process is now 100% remote. Meaning I can support remotely and your app will update it's data every 6 hours or will update when you open the smartapp.
- ADDED: Device Cleanup Option to remove unwanted devices or All devices on uninstall
- FIXED: Volume logic fixes
- UPDATED: playAnnouncement() changes.. Added optional parameters Title, Volume, Restore Volume to playAnnouncement command. (Unfortunately playAnnouncementAll() does not support volume yet)
You will see 2 playAnnouncement commands now. the new one excepts playAnnouncement(message, title, volume, restoreVolume)
- UPDATED: playText* commands have been updated to provide better support for legacy smartapps
- UPDATED: sendTtsTest() command has been renamed to speechTest()
- UPDATED: Device Tile UI has been overhauled with icons.
- ADDED: Bluetooth Device Control. You can connected/disconnect as well as delete there pairing from the device.
- ADDED: Account activity is now checked to determine if a device was that last device spoken to on your account. The value will be found in
- ADDED: You can also get the last command spoken on the device in the attribute
- ADDED: Command to Rename your alexa device on your Amazon account.
- ADDED: Undocumented command that I will not explain how to use yet.