[RELEASE] Echo Speaks V4

If someone could package it as a docker image for local use it would be great!

It looks like that’s already been done. GitHub - TonyFleisher/echo-speaks-server at docker-enablement

3 Likes

Oh, nice!

@tonesto7 is @tony.fleisher docker image compatible with your app?

It is a fork of the official server, so I would hope so.

Unable to manually redeploy Heroku server. Everything was working fine, but tried to do manual redeploy to update server from 2.7.1 to 2.7.2, and everything fell apart. Repeatable.

I have tried blowing everything away, doing HPM install of ES. That works fine, and installed the app from the new source. Fine. Followed redeploy instructions, removed Heroku server instance. Fine. Reset Options on Server Config page, navigated away, came back to Server Config page. Every time I click the “Begin Server Setup”, I get the following:

Don’t believe it matters, but 2.3.1.142 on C-7.

Any suggestions?

I just got this email.
The only Heroku app I use is Echo speaks server.
that suggests some problems can arise

We're writing to let you know that the names of the organizations your GitHub account is a member of, if any, were likely viewed as part of an attack campaign against GitHub customers. Unless you have received a separate notification from GitHub indicating otherwise, we do NOT have evidence to suggest that the attacker used your account to view other private information, such as repository names or content.

We've shared details of this campaign on our blog:

GitHub provides a platform that third-parties can integrate with by building various apps. These apps, and the secrets associated with them, are in control of the third-parties that build, own, and maintain the apps. Loss of control of these secrets can result in unauthorized parties using them to access the GitHub repositories for which they are authorized. This attack campaign did not result from a compromise of GitHub.com, but rather relates to the compromise of these secrets held by Heroku and Travis CI.

If you have questions or need assistance regarding affected OAuth applications maintained by Heroku, please contact Heroku Support (https://help.heroku.com/). Updates can be found on their status site: Heroku Status

I figured it out. ES was renaming the devices back to the original names, so the zones were reading the current names after ES loaded.

Alan

There's nothing to worry about on your end only on my end. I never received an additional email so my GitHub repo's were never accessed... luckily

I'm trying to get the ambition to completely rewrite the server to support local much better and add docker support.

10 Likes

I received it too. Thanks for clarifying and staying on top of it.

Tony has an update for this, will be in next he pushes out.

5 Likes

Hoped this was included in 4.2.0.5 but it looks like it is still happening.

Wasn't clear if this was the bug being addressed or another. Just FYI.

Docker will be absolutely fabulous.

The issue with the stuck Zone Device version after removing all zone devices and zones is still present in 4.2.0.5. I even tried adding a zone and removing it again, which updated the version number but its still stuck on there.

I, too, am unable to reinstall ES, get the same message when I attempt to deploy the server. {"error":true,"type":"java.lang.Exception","message":"An unexpected error occurred."}
I uninstalled ES because, besides the reset the volume feature suddenly quitting a week or more ago, our master bedroom Dot started speaking some sort of error message in the middle of the night. I found the message in the log but can't understand what it means. I've tried using Package Manager to reinstall ES, I've tried manually installing it. At least a dozen times, even completely uninstalling HPM and reinstalling that. I always get the above error message at the same spot - deploying the server. I guess I'll wait to see if Tony rewrites the app.

2 Likes

I also had issues updating my server from 2.6 to 2.7

I finally got to the point where I thought I figured it out and this error popped up.

I got to the github page as linked right in the echo speaks app:

But I can't figure out what to do with it once I'm there.

2 Likes

I was already on the 2.7.2 server. I removed 4.2.0.4 and attempted to do x.x.x.5 and I received the same images as in your first one. I placed a Bug request on GitHub we will see if it is a bug or something else.
Restored my hub back to previous version and I was able to be the function back again. tonesto7 is good about getting to work and sorting things out.

Anyone else having problems with the Echo Dot only displaying orange ring condition after upgrade Echo Speaks?

I have tried resetting the device and it simply will not connect for the first time ever after I update in HPM the Echo Speaks app.

Just for reference purposes. I am on C7 with v 2.3.1.142, Heroku server 2.7.2 and ES 4.2.0.5. All were loaded into HE via HPM. Everything is working fine (including the Restore Volume fix which I have had problems with for the last several ES versions). Since everything is working fine on my system, probably not a generalized or global bug of some type and probably related more to your specific system (corrupted database, etc?).

Truly sorry to hear of your difficulties (no schadenfreude here) as I spent many frustrating hours of time testing and trying to diagnose my previous problems with the Restore Volume issue until it was fixed on the third attempt with an update by @nh.schottfam and @tonesto7 . Hopefully, they will be able to figure out your ES issues as well and provide you with a solution.

Turns out I had to go back to the beginning and do the entire setup (echo device) in the app.

Tengo heroku server 2.7.1 como actualizo a 2.7.2?