[RELEASE] Echo Speaks V4

I’m getting those messages also. But everything still seems to work ok.

Only saw one error yesterday:

Nothing else in my logs about a code updates.

Now I have the same issue....

Sorry.....didn't mean to jinx you. :frowning:

1 Like

Just a heads up the message about the socket is back again today for this hubitat it's running version:

My mom's Hubitat I haven't done any upates so its on this version and nothing about the socket:

Both are working just fine. I just Amazon would get things settled down.

I am having the same issue with “waslastspokentodevice” not being updated. For me, I had a couple of changes that happened around the same time, so I am not sure if any of them contributed to it. Specifically:

1. Changed ISP, and new setup leaves me double-natted
  2. Updated to v4 of echo speaks
  3. Hubitat platform update that no longer allows port-forward remote access (I was not using this, but because it has network implications I thought I would list it.)

Any thoughts or things I can try, or places to look for more data?

Thank you!

I did not make any changes when mine stopped working. I don't know about @Pantheon.

I did not change anything either. I am sure @tonesto7 is working on it.

I'm stumped on this one. It works some of the time and not others.
It's the same behavior as on alexa.amazon.com site.

I have a silly question wrt the heroku server setup. I started using ES just before v4 was released and then moved to v4. When i setup my heroku server i followed the instructions to create an account on github - picks below of my setup and deploy tabs.

I've been trying to help @putudhony88 getting set up (clearly i am not the best one for this but i am trying) and reading through the "Automated install using HPM" I don't see this step as being necessary anymore?

I'm just a little confused.

This can only automate the code install on HE, so no copy/paste of app/driver code and automatic updates is the only difference afaik.

Thank Ken,

This was my understanding as well so I don’t know why the GitHub is not mentioned. I didn’t know if there was a new way of deploying the heroku server pointing directly to @tonesto7 repo ?? Or something else that was beyond my understanding.

tonesto7@gmail.com as collaborator. I think this is still the easiest way. I’m sure he’ll correct me if I’m wrong.

1 Like

Adding me as a collaborator requires me to manually add my git repo to each server so please don't add me as a collaborator if you can help it :slight_smile:
Please follow the automated updates procedure here: Server Updates - Echo Speaks Documentation (tonesto7.github.io)

2 Likes

thank you
Yeah, this is what i followed for my setup.
Just wondering why i didn't see reference to this page when stepping through the setup instructions .... call it user error.

Sorry. I assumed it was more of an automated deal, or I wouldn’t have setup mine that way a couple years ago. Thanks for correcting me.

1 Like

Thank you. The main thing I am wondering about (of those changes) is my double-nat situation. Does anyone know if ES will work in that scenario? (mainly making sure I am not fighting two things here, and not just what seems to be the socket issue...) I think that ES polls the Alexa devices to find out which was the last spoken to, but are there specific port requirements for that to work? Does ES require any open ports that I would need to account for since I am double-natted? (or maybe even Alexa?)

Here is some more info I am seeing in my logs - I do (AFAIK) have DNS on my device, so I don't think the error is from DNS not working, but a bit lost beyond that on what these actually mean:

"warnings": [
        {
            "dt": "Tue Oct 12 13:28:38 MST 2021",
            "gt": 1634070518025,
            "message": "408 DnDResp"
        },
        {
            "dt": "Tue Oct 12 13:31:20 MST 2021",
            "gt": 1634070680106,
            "message": "400 DnDResp"
        }
    ],
    "errors": [
        {
            "gt": 1634070518048,
            "message": "getDeviceActivity | Stack Trace: java.net.UnknownHostException: alexa.amazon.com\n  at user_app_tonesto7_Echo_Speaks_356.getDeviceActivity(user_app_tonesto7_Echo_Speaks_356.groovy:2747)\n  at user_app_tonesto7_Echo_Speaks_356.getDeviceActivity(user_app_tonesto7_Echo_Speaks_356.groovy)\n  at user_driver_tonesto7_Echo_Speaks_Device_812.getDeviceActivity(user_driver_tonesto7_Echo_Speaks_Device_812.groovy:1047)\n  at user_driver_tonesto7_Echo_Speaks_Device_812.refreshData(user_driver_tonesto7_Echo_Speaks_Device_812.groovy:620)\n  at user_driver_tonesto7_Echo_Speaks_Device_812.refreshData(user_driver_tonesto7_Echo_Speaks_Device_812.groovy)"
        },
        {
            "gt": 1634070518057,
            "message": "getDeviceActivity | HostName Not Found (Possibly an Amazon/Internet Issue) | Msg: alexa.amazon.com"
        }
    ]
},
"actions": {
    "version": null,
    "count": 0,

],

]
},
"zones": {
    "version": null,
    "count": 0,

],

]
},
"devices": {
    "version": "4.1.9.9",
    "count": 8,
    "lastDataUpdDt": "Tue Oct 12 13:31:21 MST 2021",
    "models": {
        "Echo (Gen1)": 1,
        "Echo Auto": 1,
        "Echo Show 5 (Gen1)": 1,
        "Echo Dot (Gen3)": 3,
        "Echo Flex": 1,
        "Echo Spot": 1
    },
    "zoneDevs": [

],

],
        {
            "dt": "Tue Oct 12 13:33:03 MST 2021",
            "message": "getPlaybackState | HostName Not Found | Msg: alexa.amazon.com: Temporary failure in name resolution"
        },
        {
            "dt": "Tue Oct 12 13:33:03 MST 2021",
            "message": "getPlaylists | HostName Not Found | Msg: alexa.amazon.com"
        },
        {
            "dt": "Tue Oct 12 13:28:37 MST 2021",
            "message": "getPlaybackState | HostName Not Found | Msg: alexa.amazon.com: Temporary failure in name resolution"
        },
        {
            "dt": "Tue Oct 12 13:28:37 MST 2021",
            "message": "getPlaylists | HostName Not Found | Msg: alexa.amazon.com"
        }
    ],
    "speech": [

]
},

Any thoughts?

Thank you!

-randy

Today, I have found that to be true.

I have two internet feeds into our house. One is gigabit Comcast (Xfinity) for the home, and is double NAT through my router to my home LAN. The other is AT&T DSL with 5 static public IP addresses for my work, and is only single NAT to the work LAN from the AT&T DSL router. ES works on both. Now, my usage is simple, yours may not be.

However, I am getting the DnDResp errors periodically on both configurations. Amazon seems to have messed something up in the last few weeks, as many have noted. I am patient and am just waiting for Amazon to fix their issues. :man_shrugging:

1 Like

Do you think that re-installing everything (server/app/devices) would improve something?